1. BE MINDFUL
• A fulfilling life consists of purposeful, positive and pleasant participation in life.
• Be attentive to yourself, others and your environment.
• Don’t ruminate on the past or worry about the future.
• Be mindful of the past so you can learn from it.
• Be mindful of the future so you can prepare for it.
• Be mindful of the present because living takes place in the present continuous.
• Do not crave or cling to all that is impermanent. Be mindful and content in the present continuous.
• Be mindful of the truth and be mindful of what is right and what is wrong.
2. BE GRATEFUL
• Be grateful for the present.
• It is easier to see what’s missing than what’s in.
• Strive to see what’s in, value it and be grateful for it.
• Be grateful for the past and all you can learn from it to create a better future.
• Be grateful for the opportunity to plan and prepare for the future.
3. BE OPTIMISTIC
• You have already been mindful and grateful. Now, be optimistic that whatever happens in the future you can continue to be mindful and grateful (if you are still conscious in some form - either biological or technological or spiritual).
• Then, be optimistic that you can also be compassionate, constructive and balanced.
4. BE COMPASSIONATE
• Be compassionate towards yourself.
• Be compassionate towards other sentient beings.
• Don’t condemn yourself.
• Don’t condemn other sentient beings.
• Examine and evaluate sensory perceptions, interpretations, thoughts, emotions, words, actions and omissions. But do not condemn any sentient being.
• Value yourself and others and help yourself and others to grow.
5. BE CONSTRUCTIVE
• The past is gone, and the future is not yet here. The time to live is right here, right now.
• By reading these words you are already doing something positive and helpful.
• Now, think of what else you could do to help yourself and others. It can be anything legal that helps you and others to live and to enjoy being alive. It can be as simple as sharing this method of living a fulfilling life.
• Remember, it is better to light a candle in the dark than to complain about the darkness.
6. BE BALANCED
• Life works best when everything is in optimum balance. Both too much and too little can be harmful.
• There are as many paths through life as there are lives. Only you can find and live your own path through life. If you can, help others find and live their own paths through life.
• Happiness comes from matching your activities with your abilities. There must be a balance between activities and rest, between doing and being.
• Your life is your responsibility. It is your responsibility to keep yourself safe, legal and ethical.
• Happiness is not a destination – it’s a journey that is made moment by moment.
• We are all interdependent and impermanent. Look after your long-term interests and the long-term interests of others.