INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Books Fundies wouldn't like

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
Birdcrazy

Books Fundies wouldn't like

#1 Post by Birdcrazy » March 12th, 2010, 12:43 pm

Anyway, I live with my grandma who''s still very Christian (I'm moving out soon though). Anyway, I try to read up on stuff on the internet, but there are some books I want that I can't read online.

Here are a couple I had to hide from grandma, what else is good that is hide from grandma material?

"Why Evolution is True"- Evolution was the reason why I lost my faith, I feel if someone tries to turn me back to my YEC religion, like if they found out I left it and kept on pestering me, I would have something to turn to to strengthen my non-faith.

"The Guide to Getting it On!"- This one hasn't come in the mail yet, but I hear it's a huge book, but grandma has very poor memory and I can just take the packages, say it's a book I'm saving for later, then in 5 minutes she will forget about the package (sad but true, poor grandma)
Anyway being almost 30 and clueless about this subject because of my upbringing, I would like more information if I do become sexually active at some point in the future, and everyone said this was a good guide.

LOL... my grandma when I was about to buy the above book knew I was looking at books online and wanted me to buy her a devotional book... I defected the subject and got her a flower book instead! Because whoever was packing the box would have been like "Who in the world orders a sex book and a devotional guide?"
I broke free from fundamentalist Christianity

Lifelinking

Re: Books Fundies wouldn't like

#2 Post by Lifelinking » March 12th, 2010, 1:18 pm

This might be of interest Birdcrazy.
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

goofyfoot

#3 Post by goofyfoot » March 13th, 2010, 12:18 am

Dear Birdcrazy,

Thanks so very much for ordering my book. When people asked me why I wrote a 992 page book on sex, I often reply that it was revenge for all those years in Catholic school. I think that the God-Devil illustration we did for my book (an colorized and animated for the website) summarizes it pretty well: http://www.goofyfootpress.com/blogs/PaulsBlog/

I hope you enjoy the book, and I hope it's the first of many on a most wonderful journey that lies ahead for you.

Paul the author

Birdcrazy

#4 Post by Birdcrazy » March 14th, 2010, 5:03 pm

goofyfoot wrote:Dear Birdcrazy,

Thanks so very much for ordering my book. When people asked me why I wrote a 992 page book on sex, I often reply that it was revenge for all those years in Catholic school. I think that the God-Devil illustration we did for my book (an colorized and animated for the website) summarizes it pretty well: http://www.goofyfootpress.com/blogs/PaulsBlog/

I hope you enjoy the book, and I hope it's the first of many on a most wonderful journey that lies ahead for you.

Paul the author
:) Aww, you are the third author of I book I have I've got to talk to... I had a signed copy of one book that I lost :sad: about birds, and a second book I won that was signed at a raffle that had the author there.

Oh, and what's sad, my grandma (who raised me) had 10 kids and maybe because of her faith, hasn't taught me anything! She's said almost nothing about sex, not even to this day! Plus I may have problems because it's not recommended I take hormonal birth control on one of my medications because the birth control reduces the amount and effectiveness of the medication in the blood stream... I'm still trying to figure that one out.

jamesjones950

#5 Post by jamesjones950 » March 14th, 2010, 7:22 pm

Dear Birdcrazy

Are you sure you are in the right forum?
a "New Atheist" for the last 55 years

Birdcrazy

#6 Post by Birdcrazy » March 14th, 2010, 8:49 pm

Oh, I went a little overboard, I could have sworn there was an edit button, but now I can't find it.

Alan C.

#7 Post by Alan C. » March 14th, 2010, 8:54 pm

Birdcrazy wrote:Oh, I went a little overboard, I could have sworn there was an edit button, but now I can't find it.
You're only allowed two hours to edit.
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.