INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Who makes you laugh? Favourite comedians and sitcoms.

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
amywineglass

Re: Who makes you laugh? Favourite comedians and sitcoms.

#81 Post by amywineglass » February 22nd, 2010, 5:22 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

amywineglass, you mentioned "Nighty Night" which I had completely forgotten about. It was bizzarre and surreal and very very wickedly funny!
I love Julia Daivs! its weird humour in that you dont know why your laughing and its realy dark at times.
"a laugh is a very powerful thing sometimes in life its the only weapon we have" R.R

DEEBEE

#82 Post by DEEBEE » February 26th, 2010, 1:06 pm

I guess it depends how old you are - BUT, for someone sending up his own religion (sometimes I suspect unwittingly) I would vote for Dave Allen.

getreal

#83 Post by getreal » February 26th, 2010, 2:30 pm

He was ahead of his time--sorely missed!
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Alan H

#84 Post by Alan H » March 17th, 2010, 1:23 am

Anyone know who this guy is. He was rather good at Monday's Big Libel Gig!
Attachments
Tim Minchin.jpg
Tim Minchin.jpg (91.81 KiB) Viewed 2747 times
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Manuel

#85 Post by Manuel » March 17th, 2010, 10:43 am

^ Tim Minchin. Australian comic, often seen at a piano singing humourous songs. He really is very good. Loads on youtube.

Alan H

#86 Post by Alan H » March 17th, 2010, 1:42 pm

Manuel wrote:^ Tim Minchin. Australian comic, often seen at a piano singing humourous songs. He really is very good. Loads on youtube.
LOL! I know - I was goading a fellow forum member who claims she is his greatest fan! :D
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

getreal

#87 Post by getreal » March 17th, 2010, 9:56 pm

I have never made any such claim, Alan!! Wash your mouth out! His "greatest fan" seems to be some completely insane woman who dresses like him (including wearing the same brand of underpants) and stalks him through London. Wait a minute, that's not really a fan is it? That's more like an illness.

He is wonderful, though.

cheap excuse to post a semi naked picture of said gent!

I have just realised how sad I am, as I can tell what song/poem he is performing merely by the picture. That was "Storm", Alan. Right?
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Alan H

#88 Post by Alan H » March 20th, 2010, 11:30 pm

getreal wrote:I have just realised how sad I am, as I can tell what song/poem he is performing merely by the picture. That was "Storm", Alan. Right?
It might have been!
Alan Henness

getreal

#89 Post by getreal » March 21st, 2010, 3:45 pm

:sad:

I am a sad individual with no life as I can also assert (from memory) that the above picture is from his enviornmental anthem "Canvas Bags".

Did anyone watch "In the Loop" on BBC2 during the week.

I haven't laughed so much for ages!