Latest post of the previous page:It's the old gray matter Maria, it aint what it was
Damn! I completely forgot about that!Nick wrote:If you do change it, Lewis, don't forget to change the name on your coat-peg, otherwise it will confuse all the other boys and girls.
To get back on topic, the reason(s) I chose my username(s) was (so far):
1) God is part of my "real" name* and it seemed fun to utilise that fact. In the Other Place timidity had forbidden me to use it (although I did try it out at the dead of night once just to see if it would work) and so I had modified it with a suffix (sux etc, eventually nose). After getting here I couldn't think of an appropriate suffix and just went for the big one. What fun it was, too - and surprisingly enlightening!
2) God got a bit heavy, and Godot seemed appropriately pretentious.
3) Someone blew it out by going on about "waiting for me". Obviously I had little choice at that point but to change. I considered going back to God with a message saying "I have returned at last" but was not ready for that.
4) Basically I was telt it was time to add the final "go" to Godago.
5) Dunno yet, haven't decided. Can't stay with this one too long - makes my head jangle. - - - Oh yes I know. From something I read recently in a post. Think it'll do. Give it a try, anyhow!
*As a matter of fact, as I recall, it was my actual surname that I originally used when first subscribing to the HSS board.
For some years I published a magazine called "The Games and Puzzles Journal" which got its name from my initials. So I suppose I'm a bit egotistical.
I've toyed with making my avatar a cartoon jay bird driving about in a jeep, but my artistic abilities aren't quite up to it!
There are other pen-names I sometimes use. Querculus for crossword puzzles. Monsieur Duclix for arithmetical puzzles.
There you go, Alan H!tubataxidriver wrote:Username: tubataxidriver. My son plays the tuba. He can't manage it on his bike. 'nuf said.
When you signed up, ttd, I said to Alan that you couldn't possibly be a spammer with a name like that because the name obviously took some thought and chosen for a reason. (Unlike spammers' names which are usually nonsense).
1) (the most common reference) I like Budweiser. I'm actually indifferent to the stuff.
2) (also frequently pops up). I 'smoka da bud'. This is also not true. I don't touch the stuff, as it makes me soporific, stupid and boring. Or more so, anyway.
3) I am like a flower Bud. I have only ever heard this once, from a pre-op male-to-female transsexual in a Hull nightclub. She was sweet, though very insecure. But she was also wrong.
It is merely what everyone calls me, on account of my surname.
Most games have gotten rid of the random character generation, so I just used Quath again on my next character. After a string of games, most of my online buddies knew me by "Quath" over my real name "Scott."
I found that Quath is rare enough that I can use it to create new accounts. And Quath is easier to remember than Scott28463548573.
But sometimes I just tell people that Quath is the Celtic deity of misinformation.
I'm Gregory, apparently it means watcher (I suppose it could mean watcha too - a type of greeting)
Wouldn't it spoil the fun if we all came clean about our nick names. Wasn't nick the other name of a pagan horned god?
Is Moonbeam a neo-pagan in disguise and is she/he very feminist?
This site seems to be quite like Heathen Hangout?
This may be its strength
The white cliffs of Dover