INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Science Disproves Evolution

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24054
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#721 Post by Alan H » November 1st, 2017, 6:25 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:
Pahu wrote:
The authors of 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles refer to different locations. In 1 Kings the author counts all the stables Solomon has, while the author of 2 Chronicles just counts the stables Solomon had in each chariot city. There were ten of those, so 10 chariot cities times 4000 stables makes the 40,000 that are mentioned here.
this prompts an obvious question. Where in the Bible does it say that there were 10 chariot cities?
It doesn't in so many words, but consider this:

1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
Which bible, Pahu?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#722 Post by Pahu » November 1st, 2017, 6:35 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
Yes, that episode about the snakes is from the Bible. All those snakes were made by man, not by God.
Moses' snake was made by man.
Since the Bible is 100% true, that proves that anyone can do magic.
Obviously you are ignorant of logic as well as the Bible.
There are no laws of Nature, there are only Laws of the Bible!
The laws of nature we created by God who can alter them as He pleases.
There are hundreds of examples of magic in the Bible. Einstein was right when he said that "The Bible is a book of fairy tales!"
If you are calling miracles magic, you are right. Einstein was a smart man, but He was wrong about the Bible. He did say: “Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe—a Spirit vastly superior to that of man” (Quoted in H. Dukas and B. Hoffman, Albert Einstein – The Human Side (USA Princeton University Press 1981); Jammer, p.144).

And: “The divine reveals itself in the physical world” (Z. Rosenkranz, Albert through the Looking Glass (Jewish National Library Jerusalem, 1998), pp.xi, 80; Jammer, p.151).

And: “My God created laws… His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking but by immutable laws” (Einstein in conversation with W. Hermann in Hermann’s book Einstein and the Poet (USA Branden Press, 1983), p.132; Jammer, p.123).
Theists are so indoctrinated with fairy tales that they can't see the distinction between a fairy tale and a scientific treatise!
Aheists are so indoctrinated with fairy tales, such as evolution, that they can't see the distinction between a fairy tale and a scientific treatise!
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#723 Post by Pahu » November 1st, 2017, 6:36 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:this prompts an obvious question. Where in the Bible does it say that there were 10 chariot cities?
It doesn't in so many words, but consider this:

1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
Which bible, Pahu?
The Holy Bible.
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24054
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#724 Post by Alan H » November 1st, 2017, 6:59 pm

Pahu

The Beis Yaakov Primary School teaches:
The age of the universe is accepted as 5778 years old
Are they wrong? By how much?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR
Posts: 593
Joined: December 22nd, 2016, 11:07 am

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#725 Post by VINDICATOR » November 2nd, 2017, 5:24 am

Pahu,
How many times do I have to tell you that Einstein's God is not your "God of Abraham"? He was a Pantheist. There are thousands of Gods. Although almost everyone believes in a "God", however, less than 1/3 of them believe in your God. Moeover, very few of these are as zealous as you are and actually believe in him. Most of them are just afraid of going to hell! Look up "Pascal's Wager" to see why the great scientist Pascal went to church even though he didn't believe in God! Why are you so sure that your God is the only God? The Islamic population breeds much faster than the Christian, and it is forseen that in 50 years or so there will be more people worshipping Allah than The God of Abraham! Then they will establish a world-wide Islamic Caliphate under Shariah Law! Christians and Atheists should work together to prevent this! We aren't enemies, we're friends!

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#726 Post by Pahu » November 2nd, 2017, 1:48 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
How many times do I have to tell you that Einstein's God is not your "God of Abraham"? He was a Pantheist. There are thousands of Gods.
False gods! There is only one true, living, creator God of everything and everyone who reveals Himself in the Bible.
Although almost everyone believes in a "God", however, less than 1/3 of them believe in your God. Moeover, very few of these are as zealous as you are and actually believe in him. Most of them are just afraid of going to hell! Look up "Pascal's Wager" to see why the great scientist Pascal went to church even though he didn't believe in God! Why are you so sure that your God is the only God?
Because in the Bible God says He is the only God and the Bible is filled with hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies proving God is the author.

http://www.100prophecies.com/
http://www.aboutbibleprophecy.com/
http://www.allaboutthejourney.org/bible ... filled.htm
http://www.reasons.org/fulfilled-prophe ... lity-bible
http://www.allabouttruth.org/Bible-Prophecy.htm
The Islamic population breeds much faster than the Christian, and it is forseen that in 50 years or so there will be more people worshipping Allah than The God of Abraham! Then they will establish a world-wide Islamic Caliphate under Shariah Law! Christians and Atheists should work together to prevent this! We aren't enemies, we're friends!
It is doubtful there will be 50 more years of man's rule on earth.
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24054
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#727 Post by Alan H » November 2nd, 2017, 2:17 pm

Hey! Pahu! Don't you believe in science?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#728 Post by Pahu » November 2nd, 2017, 3:33 pm

Out-of-Sequence Fossils 2

In Uzbekistan, 86 consecutive hoofprints of horses were found in rocks dating back to the dinosaurs (b). A leading authority on the Grand Canyon published photographs of horselike hoofprints visible in rocks that, according to the theory of evolution, predate hoofed animals by more than 100 million years (c). Dinosaur and humanlike footprints were found together in Turkmenistan (d) and Arizona (e).

b. Y. Kruzhilin and V. Ovcharov, “A Horse from the Dinosaur Epoch?” Moskovskaya Pravda [Moscow Truth], 5 February 1984.

c. Edwin D. McKee, The Supai Group of Grand Canyon, Geological Survey Professional Paper 1173 (Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1982), pp. 93–96, 100.

d. Alexander Romashko, “Tracking Dinosaurs,” Moscow News, No. 24, 1983, p. 10. [For an alternate but equivalent translation published by an anti-creationist organization, see Frank Zindler, “Man—A Contemporary of the Dinosaurs?” Creation/Evolution, Vol. 6, No. 1, 1986, pp. 28–29.]

e. Paul O. Rosnau et al., “Are Human and Mammal Tracks Found Together with the Tracks of Dinosaurs in the Kayenta of Arizona?” Parts I and II, Creation Research Society Quarterly, Vol. 26, September 1989, pp. 41–48 and December 1989, pp. 77–98.

Jeremy Auldaney et al., “More Human-Like Track Impressions Found with the Tracks of Dinosaurs in the Kayenta Formation at Tuba City Arizona,” Creation Research Society Quarterly, Vol. 34, December 1997, pp. 133–146 and back cover.

[From “In the Beginning” by Walt Brown]
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Tetenterre
Posts: 3244
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 11:36 am

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#729 Post by Tetenterre » November 2nd, 2017, 4:33 pm

Pahu wrote: 1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
Hey, Pahu, do your Christian principles really condone you passing off someone else's words as your own?
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24054
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#730 Post by Alan H » November 2nd, 2017, 5:02 pm

Tetenterre wrote:
Pahu wrote: 1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
Hey, Pahu, do your Christian principles really condone you passing off someone else's words as your own?
Tsk, tsk, Pahu.

Anyway, Pahu, which bible? And how accurate is your 8,000 years?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#731 Post by Pahu » November 2nd, 2017, 6:07 pm

Tetenterre wrote:
Pahu wrote: 1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
Hey, Pahu, do your Christian principles really condone you passing off someone else's words as your own?
Sorry about that. I failed to include the link.
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24054
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#732 Post by Alan H » November 2nd, 2017, 6:50 pm

Pahu wrote:
Tetenterre wrote:
Pahu wrote: 1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
Hey, Pahu, do your Christian principles really condone you passing off someone else's words as your own?
Sorry about that. I failed to include the link.
Or put it in quote tags...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Lord Muck oGentry
Posts: 632
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 3:48 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#733 Post by Lord Muck oGentry » November 2nd, 2017, 8:54 pm

Pahu wrote:d. Alexander Romashko, “Tracking Dinosaurs,” Moscow News, No. 24, 1983, p. 10. [...]
I thought I'd spend a few minutes looking for this. There might, after all, be something worth discussing...

I shan't be getting those minutes back, I fear. Look at this:

http://www.creationevidence.org/carlbaugh/v2ch1.htm
We ourselves were also able to do some tracking, and came up with a much more elaborate report, as follows: TRACKING DINOSAURS (Cr. V. Rubstsov) Moscow News, No. 24, p. 10, 1983. "This spring, an expedition from the Institute of Geology of the Turkmen SSR Academy of Sciences found over 1,500 tracks left by dinosaurs in the mountains in the south-east of the Republic. Impressions resembling in shape a human footprint were discovered next to the tracks of the prehistoric animals. Our correspondent Alexander Romashko reports: [...]
It continues:
All of a sudden we saw, next to the three-fingered track of a dinosaur, a not-very-clear but quite discernable track looking very much like a human footprint. Anyway, all those who saw it first thought so. Since I am no scholar, I ventured to come forth with an assumption: 'Who knows but maybe our very far removed ancestors did mingle with dinosaurs?'



"'Science might possibly answer that in the affirmative sometime in the future', said Professor Kurban Amanniyazov, head of the expedition, Corresponding Member of the Turkmen SSR Academy of Sciences, director of the Institute of Geology'. However, at present we don't have enough grounds to say this. We've imprints resembling human footprints, but to date have failed to determine, with any scientific veracity, whom they belong to, after all. Of course, if we could prove that they do belong to a humanoid, then it would create a revolution in the science of man. Humanity would 'grow older' thirty-fold and its history would be at least 150 millions years long."
Ther is nothing there of the slightest scientific value. An idle assumption is made by the journalist, and the professor engages in some idle speculation.

Really, Pahu, that stuff is best placed in the Tall Tales section of a free newspaper, next to the horoscopes and the articles on spoon-bending. Do you never try to check sources? Or are you perhaps a prankster trying to show how low YEC scholarship can sink?
What we can't say, we can't say and we can't whistle it either. — Frank Ramsey

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#734 Post by Pahu » November 2nd, 2017, 9:25 pm

Lord Muck oGentry wrote:
Pahu wrote:d. Alexander Romashko, “Tracking Dinosaurs,” Moscow News, No. 24, 1983, p. 10. [...]
I thought I'd spend a few minutes looking for this. There might, after all, be something worth discussing...

I shan't be getting those minutes back, I fear. Look at this:

http://www.creationevidence.org/carlbaugh/v2ch1.htm
We ourselves were also able to do some tracking, and came up with a much more elaborate report, as follows: TRACKING DINOSAURS (Cr. V. Rubstsov) Moscow News, No. 24, p. 10, 1983. "This spring, an expedition from the Institute of Geology of the Turkmen SSR Academy of Sciences found over 1,500 tracks left by dinosaurs in the mountains in the south-east of the Republic. Impressions resembling in shape a human footprint were discovered next to the tracks of the prehistoric animals. Our correspondent Alexander Romashko reports: [...]
It continues:
All of a sudden we saw, next to the three-fingered track of a dinosaur, a not-very-clear but quite discernable track looking very much like a human footprint. Anyway, all those who saw it first thought so. Since I am no scholar, I ventured to come forth with an assumption: 'Who knows but maybe our very far removed ancestors did mingle with dinosaurs?'



"'Science might possibly answer that in the affirmative sometime in the future', said Professor Kurban Amanniyazov, head of the expedition, Corresponding Member of the Turkmen SSR Academy of Sciences, director of the Institute of Geology'. However, at present we don't have enough grounds to say this. We've imprints resembling human footprints, but to date have failed to determine, with any scientific veracity, whom they belong to, after all. Of course, if we could prove that they do belong to a humanoid, then it would create a revolution in the science of man. Humanity would 'grow older' thirty-fold and its history would be at least 150 millions years long."
Ther is nothing there of the slightest scientific value. An idle assumption is made by the journalist, and the professor engages in some idle speculation.

Really, Pahu, that stuff is best placed in the Tall Tales section of a free newspaper, next to the horoscopes and the articles on spoon-bending. Do you never try to check sources? Or are you perhaps a prankster trying to show how low YEC scholarship can sink?
The disciplines of science prove creation and disprove evolution. For example:
[center]Footprints in the sand[/center][/color]

There are many dinosaur footprints being found worldwide. Some have been found with human footprints. Evolutionists do everything they can to discredit these finds. You - the reader - must decide for yourself. We try to gather as much archaeological information as possible to help you know how much evidence is being kept from you in the school textbooks - information the evolutionists don't want you to know about.

Image

There are many dinosaur footprints being found worldwide. Some have been found with human footprints. Evolutionists do everything they can to discredit these finds. You - the reader - must decide for yourself. We try to gather as much archaeological information as possible to help you know how much evidence is being kept from you in the school textbooks - information the evolutionists don't want you to know about.
The Alvis Delk Track

This spectacular fossil footprint was found in July of 2000 by amateur archaeologist, Alvis Delk of Stephenville, Texas and is now on display at the Creation Evidence Museum, Glen Rose, TX. Mr. Delk found the loose slab against the bank of the Paluxy River, about one mile north of Dinosaur Valley State Park. He flipped over the rock and saw an excellent dinosaur track, so he took it home where it sat in his living room for years, with hundreds of other fossils.

Early in 2008 he had a devastating accident. He fell off of a roof incurring damage that required months of hospitalization. He still has a dangerous blood clot in his brain. When he returned to his home, he decided he would sell the dinosaur track, thinking Dr. Carl Baugh of the nearby Creation Evidence Museum would pay a few hundred dollars for it. He began to clean the rock, and that was when he discovered the fossil human footprint underneath the dried clay! The human footprint had been made first, and shortly thereafter (before the mud turned to stone), a dinosaur stepped in the mud with its middle toe stepping on top of the human track. You can actually see the displaced mud from the dinosaur's middle toe inside the human footprint. Spiral CT scans are used to generate images of the inside of an object from a large series of two-dimensional X-ray images taken around a single axis of rotation. This technology provides an effective means of analyzing fossil footprints without physically destroying them. It allows us to see inside the rock, specifically, under the footprint.

Image

The slab was taken to the Glen Rose medical center where spiral CT scans were performed on the rock. Over 800 X-ray images document density changes within the rock that correspond precisely with the fossil footprints. Of course, carvings would show no corresponding structures beneath them. The existence of following contours beneath the fossil footprints dramatically demonstrate the authenticity of both tracks.

According to evolutionary theory, the dinosaur tracks at Glen Rose, TX were made at least 100 million years before humans were supposed to have evolved. Of course dinosaurs and humans cannot be stepping in each other's footprint if they are millions of years apart. These footprints provide profound evidence refuting the evolutionary myth. Of course, evolutionists do everything they can to refute findings like these, I guess simply because it doesn't agree with their religion. How much better would their time be spent seriously looking into all of the archaeological finds around them, instead of discounting them!

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=dinosaurs
Last edited by Alan H on November 2nd, 2017, 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote tags added yet again...
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

Lord Muck oGentry
Posts: 632
Joined: September 1st, 2007, 3:48 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#735 Post by Lord Muck oGentry » November 2nd, 2017, 9:59 pm

Pahu wrote:The Alvis Delk Track

This spectacular fossil footprint was found in July of 2000 by amateur archaeologist, Alvis Delk of Stephenville, Texas and is now on display at the Creation Evidence Museum, Glen Rose, TX. Mr. Delk found the loose slab against the bank of the Paluxy River, about one mile north of Dinosaur Valley State Park. He flipped over the rock and saw an excellent dinosaur track, so he took it home where it sat in his living room for years, with hundreds of other fossils.
And so it goes on. Oh, well...

http://www.paleo.cc/paluxy/delk.htm
Gary Hurd (2008) states, "First of all, a medical CAT scan uses a lower energy beam than could be useful on a sandy limestone. That is why real paleontologists use industrial facilities. The University of Texas at Austin has a laboratory that has many years of experience with just this type of analysis. This points to the next problem; a medical facility is not staffed by paleontologists or geophysicists."
The Alvis Delk Print is not a convincing human footprint in ancient rock. Its advocates have failed to present the necessary data and details to adequately support their assertions. Even putting aside the extensive independent evidence that humans did not exist until long after the Cretaceous Period, the collective weight of several lines of evidence, including the uncertain circumstances of the discovery, lack of in situ documentation, the knowledge that similar tracks have been carved in the Glen Rose area, the serious morphological abnormalities in the prints, and the considerations about potentially misleading scanning artifacts such as beam hardening, point to the strong likelihood that both the "human footprint" and dinosaur track on this loose slab were carved or heavily altered from less distinct depressions.
This shows some of the differences between real science and the cargo-cult version favoured by creationists.
What we can't say, we can't say and we can't whistle it either. — Frank Ramsey

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24054
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#736 Post by Alan H » November 2nd, 2017, 10:02 pm

Hey! Pahu! You seem to like calling on science when you think it supports your beliefs but what about those error bars?

And what is your bible?

They're not difficult questions to answer, are they?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR
Posts: 593
Joined: December 22nd, 2016, 11:07 am

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#737 Post by VINDICATOR » November 3rd, 2017, 5:59 am

Pahu,
I don't understand why someone who believes in magic, like turning sticks into snakes, can't accept something much more reasonable like evolution. I see no contradiction between "Creation" and evolution. God created man through evolution. QED! Isn't that more reasonable than saying God created man out of dust? Why do you have to disprove evolution? Also get prepared to explain who/what created the extraterrestrial aliens! They are coming!

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6521
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#738 Post by animist » November 3rd, 2017, 10:55 am

Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:
Pahu wrote:
The authors of 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles refer to different locations. In 1 Kings the author counts all the stables Solomon has, while the author of 2 Chronicles just counts the stables Solomon had in each chariot city. There were ten of those, so 10 chariot cities times 4000 stables makes the 40,000 that are mentioned here.
this prompts an obvious question. Where in the Bible does it say that there were 10 chariot cities?
It doesn't in so many words, but consider this:

1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
oh dear, do you actually know what you mean when you use these terms?

1 My query was about the number of "chariot cities", whatever they are. You have not answered the query but instead have wangled some possible referents of the numbers 4,000 and 40,000 to make the two accounts consistent. So what are chariot cities and how do you deduce that there were 10 of them?

2 What do you mean when you refer to "4,000 stalls for horses and chariots together"? And how would they be "occupied" by "40,000 stalls of horses"? I can see that a stall might be for occupation by a horse or a chariot or for both together. I don't see how a stall can occupy another stall, do you? No doubt it there is some interpretation of these statements which can make them consistent (if incredibly confusing, which itself is a good reason to suspect that they were written by different people with little help from God) but you are simply playing with possibilities without any Biblical warrant

3 By moving from one possible explaining away of the inconsistency (ie your explanation about chariot cities) to a different one (ie different stalls for different things) you've kind of contradicted yourself. I don't see how both interpretations you've come up with could be correct: if there were 10 chariot cities then all your complicated stuff about chariots and horses is redundant and indeed would make the figures wrong again.

4 A Xian site indicates that Solomon did indeed have several chariot cities, but fewer than 10 are mentioned; and this site maintains that the inconsistency in the two accounts is a simple copyist's error.

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#739 Post by Pahu » November 3rd, 2017, 3:03 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
I don't understand why someone who believes in magic, like turning sticks into snakes, can't accept something much more reasonable like evolution.
Because, unlike creation, there is no evidence supporting evolution.
I see no contradiction between "Creation" and evolution. God created man through evolution. QED! Isn't that more reasonable than saying God created man out of dust? Why do you have to disprove evolution? Also get prepared to explain who/what created the extraterrestrial aliens! They are coming!
Creation teaches God created everything in six days. Evolution teaches everything created itself in billions of years. There is a basic contradiction here. When you reject the revealed truth of God, you are free to wander into all sorts of error like evolution and extraterrestrial aliens!
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 24054
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#740 Post by Alan H » November 3rd, 2017, 3:16 pm

What bible, Pahu? And what error bars?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Pahu
Posts: 387
Joined: April 25th, 2016, 4:03 pm

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#741 Post by Pahu » November 3rd, 2017, 3:32 pm

animist wrote:
Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:this prompts an obvious question. Where in the Bible does it say that there were 10 chariot cities?
It doesn't in so many words, but consider this:

1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
oh dear, do you actually know what you mean when you use these terms?

1 My query was about the number of "chariot cities", whatever they are. You have not answered the query but instead have wangled some possible referents of the numbers 4,000 and 40,000 to make the two accounts consistent. So what are chariot cities and how do you deduce that there were 10 of them?

2 What do you mean when you refer to "4,000 stalls for horses and chariots together"? And how would they be "occupied" by "40,000 stalls of horses"? I can see that a stall might be for occupation by a horse or a chariot or for both together. I don't see how a stall can occupy another stall, do you? No doubt it there is some interpretation of these statements which can make them consistent (if incredibly confusing, which itself is a good reason to suspect that they were written by different people with little help from God) but you are simply playing with possibilities without any Biblical warrant

3 By moving from one possible explaining away of the inconsistency (ie your explanation about chariot cities) to a different one (ie different stalls for different things) you've kind of contradicted yourself. I don't see how both interpretations you've come up with could be correct: if there were 10 chariot cities then all your complicated stuff about chariots and horses is redundant and indeed would make the figures wrong again.

4 A Xian site indicates that Solomon did indeed have several chariot cities, but fewer than 10 are mentioned; and this site maintains that the inconsistency in the two accounts is a simple copyist's error.
Suit yourself. I believe the Bible is accurate since God is the author. There are areas that are a problem indicating our ignorance, not Bible contradictions. This explanation seems reasonable:

How many stalls for horses and Chariots did King Solomon have? how many stalls for horses did solomon have
Image
According to 1 KI 4:26, Solomon had 40,000 stalls but 2 CH 9:25 says that Solomon only had 4,000 stalls. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have? Is this a bona fide Bible contradiction or is there a way to solve this problem? We’re going to explore three different ways that believers have potentially solved this alleged Bible contradiction.

1. Could this be a copyist error?

Many propose (me not included) that this is a simple copyist error. I will agree that either accidentally adding or subtracting a zero is all that it would take to cause all this confusion but would God allow his word to get corrupted?

2. 1 Kings and 2Chronicles were written at different times.

It is true that both books were written about 125 years apart. Perhaps Solomon had more or less stalls for horses and chariots at the time of the books writings. Is this possible? Sure…but I think there is yet a better explanation for this alleged Bible contradiction.

3. 4,000 or 40,000 stalls for horses?

Small differences in the text can have a huge impact on the interpretation. Let’s look at the two verses as they are written in the King James Version.

1KI 4:26 “And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.”

2CH 9:25 “And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.”

Solomon’s horses, chariots and stalls Bible contradiction solved

According to the King James version, Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for his chariots but he had 4,000 stalls for his horses and his chariots. In other words, Solomon had 40,000 stalls for horses, but he had 4,000 stalls that would fit his horses and chariots. Am I stretching this explanation too far?

According to the Webster’s 1828 dictionary, (the dictionary that best explains KJV words) the word stall can be for one horse or it can be a stable of ten horses. In other words: King Solomon had 4,000 stalls and in each stall there was one chariot and ten horses. This would have meant that Solomon could have had 40,000 stalls for horses and had 4,000 stalls for horses and chariots.

Once again the Bible proves to be without error. For further reading about this alleged Bible contradiction see the following links.

http://youthapologeticstraining.com/how ... isode-317/
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

Post Reply