INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

FIFA and corruption

...on serious topics that don't fit anywhere else at present.
Alan H

FIFA and corruption

#1 Post by Alan H » May 28th, 2015, 12:33 am

Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

Re: FIFA and corruption

#2 Post by Dave B » May 28th, 2015, 11:08 am

Pretty good summing up!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#3 Post by Alan H » May 28th, 2015, 7:40 pm

Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Nick

#4 Post by Nick » May 28th, 2015, 10:19 pm

Resisting the fact that is was founded by the French...... :wink:

....maybe we should just found another one.

Why not?

Altfish

#5 Post by Altfish » May 30th, 2015, 6:59 am

Nick wrote:Resisting the fact that is was founded by the French...... :wink:

....maybe we should just found another one.

Why not?
Spot on

lewist

#6 Post by lewist » May 30th, 2015, 8:34 am

James I had the right of it, that nae man shall play at football. It kept them off their archery practice.

Tha abusive behaviour of FIFA and the behaviour of the Qatari government are appalling.
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Dave B

#7 Post by Dave B » May 30th, 2015, 10:23 am

For once in my life I feel, sort of, sorry for the real soccer fans.

But, greed is greed and corruption corrupts, in sport as in finance and banking.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Altfish

#8 Post by Altfish » October 12th, 2015, 12:30 pm

I still don't understand why the European nations + USA and others don't say, "We're starting our own federation. We're pulling out of the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 and will organise our own alternative competition"

Dave B

Ataris uataris

#9 Post by Dave B » October 12th, 2015, 1:10 pm

Altfish wrote:I still don't understand why the European nations + USA and others don't say, "We're starting our own federation. We're pulling out of the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 and will organise our own alternative competition"
I wonde what the legal and contractual ties have to say abou that.Betcha the Qataris might indulge in some court action, they have deep pockets and set a great value on the kudos, face, they could gain from the tournaments.
Me, 2015

Altfish

Re: Ataris uataris

#10 Post by Altfish » October 12th, 2015, 4:02 pm

Dave B wrote:
Altfish wrote:I still don't understand why the European nations + USA and others don't say, "We're starting our own federation. We're pulling out of the World Cup in 2018 and 2022 and will organise our own alternative competition"
I wonde what the legal and contractual ties have to say abou that.Betcha the Qataris might indulge in some court action, they have deep pockets and set a great value on the kudos, face, they could gain from the tournaments.
They can still have the World Cup, just that many countries won't be there. FIFA will have signed an agreement but if you resign from FIFA surely you can't be legally required to partake. Grief, there is a good chance that England will not qualify anyway!!

Dave B

#11 Post by Dave B » October 12th, 2015, 6:53 pm

You could be right, Altfish, I would have thought there was a whole web of contracts. Then I remembered that some individual teams were talking about not taking part if it interferred with their other schedules.

Er, how did I manage to change the thread title, if it was me? Seems it is nonesense.
Me, 2015

Alan H

#12 Post by Alan H » October 12th, 2015, 8:26 pm

Dave B wrote:You could be right, Altfish, I would have thought there was a whole web of contracts. Then I remembered that some individual teams were talking about not taking part if it interferred with their other schedules.

Er, how did I manage to change the thread title, if it was me? Seems it is nonesense.
Erm... how can we tell it's different from normal? :exit:
Alan Henness

Dave B

#13 Post by Dave B » October 12th, 2015, 9:34 pm

Oi! Wot's bin goin' on 'ere then?
Me, 2015

Alan H

#14 Post by Alan H » October 12th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Dave B wrote:Oi! Wot's bin goin' on 'ere then?
Dunno what happened to the title - maybe finger trouble on a small screen?
Alan Henness

Nick

#15 Post by Nick » October 13th, 2015, 9:23 am

lewist wrote:James I had the right of it, that nae man shall play at football. It kept them off their archery practice.
James I ? I'da thought you'd refer to him as James VI :wink: