INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Petition to abolish apostasy laws

Any topics that are primarily about humanism or other non-religious life stances fit in here.
Compassionist

Petition to abolish apostasy laws

#1 Post by Compassionist » March 26th, 2018, 11:40 am

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Go ... Believers/ Only 397 people out of 7.5 billion have signed this petition so far! I am so sad that we still have apostasy and blasphemy laws in the world. Please sign. Thank you. Also: http://end-blasphemy-laws.org

Compassionist

Re: Petition to abolish apostasy laws

#2 Post by Compassionist » March 26th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Compassionist wrote:https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Go ... Believers/ Only 397 people out of 7.5 billion have signed this petition so far! I am so sad that we still have apostasy and blasphemy laws in the world. Please sign. Thank you. Also: http://end-blasphemy-laws.org
Thank you Alan for signing. Have you seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjVhjbLy2qE ?

Zeff

#3 Post by Zeff » March 27th, 2018, 8:34 pm

I've signed up. I read this on that site...
http://end-blasphemy-laws.org/2017/11/m ... #more-1294
I Haven't got around to viewing much of the video yet. There so much oppression of non-believers and "wrong"-believers going on now I don't know if I'll bother watching it.
What is happening in Saudi Arabia is interesting. MBS (as he is referred to) is trying to move Saudi Arabia towards a "moderate Islam". Progress towards making these societies more tolerant isn't linear. Backward and ignorant are appropriate words. They are like Britain in previous centuries.

VINDICATOR

#4 Post by VINDICATOR » March 28th, 2018, 10:12 am

Dear Zeff,
The petition is well intentioned but absolutely useless. Let me ask you, how many Muslims have signed up? 1? 2? Probably zero! 4 Centuries ago the Christian Church was burning millions of "heretics" at the stake. Then came the Reformation starting the evolution of the Church, to the friendly religion we see today. Islam has to be reformed from inside, it can't be done by the infidels!

Compassionist

#5 Post by Compassionist » March 29th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Zeff wrote:I've signed up. I read this on that site...
http://end-blasphemy-laws.org/2017/11/m ... #more-1294
I Haven't got around to viewing much of the video yet. There so much oppression of non-believers and "wrong"-believers going on now I don't know if I'll bother watching it.
What is happening in Saudi Arabia is interesting. MBS (as he is referred to) is trying to move Saudi Arabia towards a "moderate Islam". Progress towards making these societies more tolerant isn't linear. Backward and ignorant are appropriate words. They are like Britain in previous centuries.
Hi Zeff, the petition doesn't show your name: https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Go ... Believers/ Are you sure you signed it? It still says 398 signatories. Thank you.

Compassionist

#6 Post by Compassionist » March 29th, 2018, 8:50 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Zeff,
The petition is well intentioned but absolutely useless. Let me ask you, how many Muslims have signed up? 1? 2? Probably zero! 4 Centuries ago the Christian Church was burning millions of "heretics" at the stake. Then came the Reformation starting the evolution of the Church, to the friendly religion we see today. Islam has to be reformed from inside, it can't be done by the infidels!
It may be useless but at least it's an attempt to get these laws changed. No one else is doing anything else about it. Please sign it. Thank you. See: https://www.ex-muslim.org.uk

Compassionist

#7 Post by Compassionist » March 30th, 2018, 10:40 pm

I contacted the creator of the petition and found out that there needs to be 500 signatories for it to be submitted to the relevant governments. We are still 102 signatures short of 500. Please sign. Thank you.

animist

#8 Post by animist » March 31st, 2018, 11:52 am

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Zeff,
Vinnie, you cannot compare centuries of transition from Xian fanaticism to today's comparative moderation with the problems which, I suspect, bother many Muslims in today's much more complicated world. Be a bit more positive, please!

Compassionist

#9 Post by Compassionist » April 1st, 2018, 6:46 pm

No one else has signed the petition. :sad2:

VINDICATOR

#10 Post by VINDICATOR » April 2nd, 2018, 3:01 pm

Dear Compassionist,
Your petition to end blasphemy law is like scratching an itch when you are wearing an overcoat and padded gloves! Have you ever seen the original non/doctored Shariah Laws? Here are some of the "crimes" punishable by death:

1-criticizing the Quran
2-criticizing Muhammed
3-criticizing/denying Allah
4-apostasy
5-encouraging apostasy
6-a rape victim alleging a rape but unable to produce 4 male witnesses willing to testify for her innocence!

There are also laws for beating wives, cutting clitoris, legal raping, amputating hands, marrying infant girls, etc. Reading the complete list will make your blood run cold!

Compassionist

#11 Post by Compassionist » April 2nd, 2018, 6:05 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Compassionist,
Your petition to end blasphemy law is like scratching an itch when you are wearing an overcoat and padded gloves! Have you ever seen the original non/doctored Shariah Laws? Here are some of the "crimes" punishable by death:

1-criticizing the Quran
2-criticizing Muhammed
3-criticizing/denying Allah
4-apostasy
5-encouraging apostasy
6-a rape victim alleging a rape but unable to produce 4 male witnesses willing to testify for her innocence!

There are also laws for beating wives, cutting clitoris, legal raping, amputating hands, marrying infant girls, etc. Reading the complete list will make your blood run cold!
I didn't create the petition but I did sign it. You are right that it is unlikely to achieve its aims. Islam does not condone cutting clitoris or marrying infant girls. Everything else you mentioned is true.

VINDICATOR

#12 Post by VINDICATOR » April 3rd, 2018, 6:31 am

Dear Compassionist,
Like the Bible, there are many versions of the Quran and Sharia. Try to get hold of a version not taqiyya-ed (white-washed to fool the infidels).

According to Sharia, a man can marry an infant of any age. Muhammed married Aisha at 6! You can have all sorts of sex with her such as oral. However you are not permitted to stick your penis into her cunt until she gets to the ripe old age of 9, Because that was the age of Aisha when Muhammed did it! Look it up in the Hadiths.

Muslim men are allowed to rape any woman not wearing a Hijab!

Girls' clitoris should be cut. (Muhammed's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251)

If you are interested, try this link:
http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/sharia-law.html

VINDICATOR

#13 Post by VINDICATOR » April 3rd, 2018, 6:53 am

To my friends here on this forum that have a case of Islamophelia I strongly urge you to use that link I just gave you a few minutes ago and look at the topic "Sharia Law UK" and see what your Muslim friends are doing to your country!

Compassionist

#14 Post by Compassionist » April 3rd, 2018, 2:49 pm

Like the Bible, there are many versions of the Quran and Sharia. Try to get hold of a version not taqiyya-ed (white-washed to fool the infidels).

According to Sharia, a man can marry an infant of any age. Muhammed married Aisha at 6! You can have all sorts of sex with her such as oral. However you are not permitted to stick your penis into her cunt until she gets to the ripe old age of 9, Because that was the age of Aisha when Muhammed did it! Look it up in the Hadiths.

Girls' clitoris should be cut. (Muhammed's words, Book 41, Kitab Al-Adab, Hadith 5251)

I didn't know. Thanks for the revealing link. This is truly horrifying. Not all Muslims believe in every tenet of the Sharia Law. Just like Christians cherry picking verses from the Bible, Muslims cherry pick verses from the Quran and the Hadith.

animist

#15 Post by animist » April 3rd, 2018, 3:39 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:To my friends here on this forum that have a case of Islamophelia I strongly urge you to use that link I just gave you a few minutes ago and look at the topic "Sharia Law UK" and see what your Muslim friends are doing to your country!
have you been to our country? Moderating some of your comments makes none of us Islamophiles

animist

#16 Post by animist » April 3rd, 2018, 3:45 pm

Compassionist wrote:

I didn't know. Thanks for the revealing link. This is truly horrifying. Not all Muslims believe in every tenet of the Sharia Law. Just like Christians cherry picking verses from the Bible, Muslims cherry pick verses from the Quran and the Hadith.
I would not trust this link, which is from a Xian website attempting to prove the superiority of one religion over another. The link about clitoris cutting does not seem to mention this particular barbarity

Compassionist

#17 Post by Compassionist » April 3rd, 2018, 3:55 pm

animist wrote:
Compassionist wrote:

I would not trust this link, which is from a Xian website attempting to prove the superiority of one religion over another. The link about clitoris cutting does not seem to mention this particular barbarity
You are right. Please see: http://www.billionbibles.org/sharia/about.html

VINDICATOR

#18 Post by VINDICATOR » April 4th, 2018, 11:24 am

Compassionist,
It makes me happy every time I see two religions fighting each other. It's like watching two young bullies bashing each other to prove who is King-Kong! Don't forget that we made an ally of Stalin the Butcher, because we needed his help to conquor Hitler who was even worse!

Alan H

#19 Post by Alan H » April 4th, 2018, 11:55 am

VINDICATOR wrote:Compassionist,
It makes me happy every time I see two religions fighting each other. It's like watching two young bullies bashing each other to prove who is King-Kong! Don't forget that we made an ally of Stalin the Butcher, because we needed his help to conquor Hitler who was even worse!
It's not religions that are fighting each other: it's people fighting each other.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR

#20 Post by VINDICATOR » April 4th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Dear Alan,
It's people fighting each other because of their religion, ie. religious wars. A religion is ok if it keeps to the spiritual realm, like minding the "after life". It's when a religion is used as a scam to conquor and plunder, like Islam creating the ISIS Caliphate, that it should be destroyed!