INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Breaking news: New law in USA explicitly protecting humanists

Any topics that are primarily about humanism or other non-religious life stances fit in here.
Manel

Breaking news: New law in USA explicitly protecting humanists

#1 Post by Manel » December 17th, 2016, 9:16 am

International Religious Freedom Bill Signed by President Obama, Includes Language to Protect Humanists, Nontheists

Here's the link:
https://americanhumanist.org/featured/i ... ontheists/

Congratulations for all of us. I hope the rest of the countries follow this example. In Spain we're fighting for something similar. We have religious freedom, but not "consciousness freedom"

Celebrate and have a nice day

Manel

jaywhat

Re: Breaking news: New law in USA explicitly protecting humanists

#2 Post by jaywhat » December 17th, 2016, 9:53 am

sounds good news especially from USA - is Obama doing his best to improve things before he is gone and it is too late ?

Manel

#3 Post by Manel » December 17th, 2016, 9:58 am

Probably there'll be no more good changes in this sense in the USA in a long time, but this law is a very important reference for the rest of us to ask for similar laws, and specifically in Spain to show that humanism is highly recognized in other nations, so I'm very happy with this.

coffee

#4 Post by coffee » December 17th, 2016, 6:05 pm

Yes, that is very good news, I will celebrate it with a cup of tea :D :wink: :laughter: :smile: :happyclappy: :dance: :clap: We are very worthy species need protecting :laughter: :D