INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Good news

Any topics that are primarily about humanism or other non-religious life stances fit in here.
Alan C.

Good news

#1 Post by Alan C. » July 11th, 2007, 5:54 pm

Some good news from the USA.
Dear Alan,

DefCon Poll Shows Rift in Religious Right

The new anti-science Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky, has nothing of value to teach about the development of life on Earth -- but that doesn't mean we haven't learned anything from it.

A new poll released by DefCon reveals the enormous schism within the religious right represented by the museum. The poll shows that 95% of Evangelicals reject the Creation Musuem's strange, dino-friendly version of Creationism. In addition, only 10% of self-identified Evangelicals support Intelligent Design. While religious right leaders like James Dobson lump all forms of anti-evolution together, the new Creation Museum is showing us just how deeply divided the religious right really is.
If anybody wants to read more on this, go here.
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

gcb01

#2 Post by gcb01 » July 11th, 2007, 7:23 pm

I read somewhere, can't remember where, that the reason many americans believe that dinosaurs and humans lived at the same time was because of the The Flintstones.
Regards

Campbell

Lifelinking

#3 Post by Lifelinking » July 11th, 2007, 7:28 pm

I always thought that Creationism was yaba daba doo doo...
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

Moose

#4 Post by Moose » July 11th, 2007, 7:39 pm

Wow that's really cool .. I had thought that the majority of Conservative American Christians supported YECism. I do know a fair few online who do, alas alas.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
Time to die

EF

Alan C.

#5 Post by Alan C. » July 11th, 2007, 7:49 pm

Moose wrote:Wow that's really cool .. I had thought that the majority of Conservative American Christians supported YECism. I do know a fair few online who do, alas alas.
Yes Moose, I think I know them as well. :wink:

Alan C.

#6 Post by Alan C. » July 11th, 2007, 9:21 pm

More good news, this time it's UK news regarding female circumcision.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#7 Post by Maria Mac » July 11th, 2007, 10:23 pm

Alan C. wrote:More good news, this time it's UK news regarding female circumcision.
:happyclappy:

Thankfully, this seems to be one barbaric practice that even the most liberal of 'multiculturalists' draws the line at supporting. However, there are plenty of nutters that do support it. I recall back in the 80s when, in an effort to get more women and black people on the local council, the Labour Party in Brent (north London) put forward an outspoken African woman as a candidate in a safe seat. She was duly elected. She then gained notoriety with such pronouncements as 'female circumcision should be available on the NHS and anyone who disagrees is a racist.'

:supershock:

Alan C.

#8 Post by Alan C. » July 11th, 2007, 11:53 pm

You've got to wonder where these religious nutjobs get some of their ideas from.
If non believers were carrying out these barbaric practices, they could at least claim, "we're just helping evolution along" eventually people will have evolved enough that they will be born this way.

But for people who believe we were created! WTF! If we weren't meant to have a foreskin, why give us one? I won't go into the female genitalia (well I will sometimes, not just now though)
All these so called "Christian Women" and yes some men, that go for plastic surgery, Why can't they be happy with what their God gave them?

Moose

#9 Post by Moose » July 16th, 2007, 2:09 pm

Alan C. wrote:
Moose wrote:Wow that's really cool .. I had thought that the majority of Conservative American Christians supported YECism. I do know a fair few online who do, alas alas.
Yes Moose, I think I know them as well. :wink:
Probably not ;). We don't really have any Creationists on EF. I go to a more conservative CS Lewis forum and that's where I know them from.
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
Time to die

EF