INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

In Reason We Trust

Any topics that are primarily about humanism or other non-religious life stances fit in here.
Altfish

Re: In Reason We Trust

#21 Post by Altfish » November 19th, 2014, 10:55 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
Then don't join in on the Thread if you've already made up your mind Atheism has to be the way . I wouldn't want you to get bored.
Oh, we haven't made our mind up but on the current evidence there is no god.

Bored, no it's great fun trying to work out which already debunked strategy you'll use next.

animist

#22 Post by animist » November 19th, 2014, 11:04 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:b. I would consider 'blah, blah blah' very disrespectful and shows a profound disinterest in the subject matter at hand which includes your actual Faith of Humanism.
Alan, "Dave" must be taking the piss, no-one could be as thick as he seems to be!

Alan H

#23 Post by Alan H » November 19th, 2014, 11:06 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
Alan H wrote:
It seems you are unable or unwilling to even be polite.

I have asked you - politely - now on several occasions to please check your quote tags. They really are very simple and help people's understanding of what you are trying to say.

If you really want to engage with others here, please take heed.

Now, if you are unable or unwilling to answer the questions I and others have asked you, then just say so in the appropriate thread. If you are able to answer, please do so politely.

Now you're just taking the mickey.
a. Generally, im as polite as the People im conversing with are polite to me .
Hmmm...
b. I would consider 'blah, blah blah' very disrespectful and shows a profound disinterest in the subject matter at hand which includes your actual Faith of Humanism. So, please, don't participate if you aren't interested . The less whiney non interested people on a Forum, the better and im sure the Admin. would agree.
FFS. It was text to demonstrate to you how quote tags were used. I wasn't representing it as anything you've said. Now that it has been pointed out to you, can you understand it?
c. Address me suitably, and you wont get upset when the same comes back to you.
:sad2:
d. The software of this Site is the most messed up ive ever encountered ; when I make a reply..nearly all the time I get : ' You may embed only 3 quotes with each other' . Why doesn't the software program automatically reduce the Replied Post down to 2 or less Quotes if this is a concern ? That's the way its done in the USA for the most part. Perhaps you will tell me how to reply so I don't have to go back and erase previously quoted posts that are on the same Post im replying to ?
It is software that is widely used throughout the world. It's not messed up. The limit of three embedded quote was chosen because any more than that can get confusing. It is written by programmers in the UK, Europe and the US and the thought of some software being US-centric is bizarre.

However, if you find the software isn't to your taste or if you can't understand or cope with the quote tags, the documentation can be found here. Alternatively, you don't have to post here.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

#24 Post by Dave B » November 20th, 2014, 10:16 am

animist wrote:
YouCanCallMeDave wrote:b. I would consider 'blah, blah blah' very disrespectful and shows a profound disinterest in the subject matter at hand which includes your actual Faith of Humanism.
Alan, "Dave" must be taking the piss, no-one could be as thick as he seems to be!
Oh yes they can!

"Dave" is English a second language for you by any chance? Or did you miss sentence construction and grammar at school?
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

YouCanCallMeDave

#25 Post by YouCanCallMeDave » November 20th, 2014, 3:22 pm

Altfish wrote:
YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
Alan H wrote:It seems you are unable or unwilling to even be polite.

I have asked you - politely - now on several occasions to please check your quote tags. They really are very simple and help people's understanding of what you are trying to say.

If you really want to engage with others here, please take heed.

Now, if you are unable or unwilling to answer the questions I and others have asked you, then just say so in the appropriate thread. If you are able to answer, please do so politely.
a. Generally, im as polite as the People im conversing with are polite to me .
b. I would consider 'blah, blah blah' very disrespectful and shows a profound disinterest in the subject matter at hand which includes your actual Faith of Humanism. So, please, don't participate if you aren't interested . The less whiney non interested people on a Forum, the better and im sure the Admin. would agree.
c. Address me suitably, and you wont get upset when the same comes back to you.
d. The software of this Site is the most messed up ive ever encountered ; when I make a reply..nearly all the time I get : ' You may embed only 3 quotes with each other' . Why doesn't the software program automatically reduce the Replied Post down to 2 or less Quotes if this is a concern ? That's the way its done in the USA for the most part. Perhaps you will tell me how to reply so I don't have to go back and erase previously quoted posts that are on the same Post im replying to ?
God wrote the software :wink:
He didn't write it with these sorts of imperfections and he wouldn't have written it for an anti-God religion as Humanism. :pointlaugh:

YouCanCallMeDave

#26 Post by YouCanCallMeDave » November 20th, 2014, 3:32 pm

Dave B wrote:
animist wrote:
Oh yes they can!

"Dave" is English a second language for you by any chance? Or did you miss sentence construction and grammar at school?
Personal defamation as this violates Forum rules . And...it matters not what youre subjective thoughts are which according to your religion were derived from accidental compilations of atoms for the eventual makeup of your Brain ---- thus thoughts that follow from it should not be trusted. :wink:

Dave B

#27 Post by Dave B » November 20th, 2014, 3:35 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
Dave B wrote:"Dave" is English a second language for you by any chance? Or did you miss sentence construction and grammar at school?
Personal defamation as this violates Forum rules . And...it matters not what youre subjective thoughts are which according to your religion were derived from accidental compilations of atoms for the eventual makeup of your Brain ---- thus thoughts that follow from it should not be trusted. :wink:
Considering your level of literacy, "Dave", I was asking quite reasonable questions. Should you have trouble with written English I then know to make allowances for this when trying to work out what you mean.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Altfish

#28 Post by Altfish » November 20th, 2014, 4:06 pm

The problem with that is that it is only one of his/her followers that has any problem with the forum. The rest of us just get on with it.

Anyway, it's good that the forum limits the number of embedded quotes, otherwise you get very long posts

YouCanCallMeDave

#29 Post by YouCanCallMeDave » November 20th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Dave B wrote:
YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
Dave B wrote:"Dave" is English a second language for you by any chance? Or did you miss sentence construction and grammar at school?
Considering your level of literacy, "Dave", I was asking quite reasonable questions. Should you have trouble with written English I then know to make allowances for this when trying to work out what you mean.
Thanks , but, aren't you the same Guy who took an interest in my genitilia on another thread ? I don't think I want any personal advice from such an Individual !

Altfish

#30 Post by Altfish » November 20th, 2014, 4:59 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote: Thanks , but, aren't you the same Guy who took an interest in my genitilia on another thread ? I don't think I want any personal advice from such an Individual !
Do you have a problem with your 'genitilia' "Dave"? Do you want to talk about it, I could start by telling you how to spell it correctly.

YouCanCallMeDave

#31 Post by YouCanCallMeDave » November 20th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Altfish wrote:
YouCanCallMeDave wrote: Thanks , but, aren't you the same Guy who took an interest in my genitilia on another thread ? I don't think I want any personal advice from such an Individual !
Do you have a problem with your 'genitilia' "Dave"? Do you want to talk about it, I could start by telling you how to spell it correctly.
Nope...all is well down there. But im wondering what your fixation with my John Thomas was all about ? Would you like to talk about that instead of focusing on spelling anomalies ?

Alan H

#32 Post by Alan H » November 20th, 2014, 5:06 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
Altfish wrote:
Nope...all is well down there. But im wondering what your fixation with my John Thomas was all about ? Would you like to talk about that instead of focusing on spelling anomalies ?
Your god started it. Why is he/she so obsessed with sex and what consenting adults do in private? Is he/she a voyeur?
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Altfish

#33 Post by Altfish » November 20th, 2014, 5:09 pm

Well she is omnipresent...that's pretty pervy if you ask me.

YouCanCallMeDave

#34 Post by YouCanCallMeDave » November 20th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Alan H wrote:Your god started it. Why is he/she so obsessed with sex and what consenting adults do in private? Is he/she a voyeur?
In light of the Humanist consequences we see in Society today from sexual consenting adults (and minors) , what would be your guess as to why God gave strict loving moral sexual mandates to live by ? Please list about 3 and be cogent in your reply so we can examine them together instead of resorting to mockery of our Creator. Thanks.

Altfish

#35 Post by Altfish » November 20th, 2014, 5:34 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
Alan H wrote:Your god started it. Why is he/she so obsessed with sex and what consenting adults do in private? Is he/she a voyeur?
In light of the Humanist consequences we see in Society today from sexual consenting adults (and minors) , what would be your guess as to why God gave strict loving moral sexual mandates to live by ? Please list about 3 and be cogent in your reply so we can examine them together instead of resorting to mockery of our Creator. Thanks.
Can you firstly, (I'll come back to your challenge when I've reread and understood it) explain what the "Humanist consequences we see in Society today from sexual consenting adults (and minors)" are?

Also could you explain why so many priests, ministers, imams, etc are caught with their trousers down when in the presence of minors.

Alan H

#36 Post by Alan H » November 20th, 2014, 5:40 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
In light of the Humanist consequences we see in Society today from sexual consenting adults (and minors) , what would be your guess as to why God gave strict loving moral sexual mandates to live by ?
He/she didn't. If you want to assert otherwise, please provide good evidence to support it.
Alan Henness

YouCanCallMeDave

#37 Post by YouCanCallMeDave » November 20th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Altfish wrote:
YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
Can you firstly, (I'll come back to your challenge when I've reread and understood it) explain what the "Humanist consequences we see in Society today from sexual consenting adults (and minors)" are?

Also could you explain why so many priests, ministers, imams, etc are caught with their trousers down when in the presence of minors.
No, id like you to excersise your mind and look at British and American Society as it is today and draw a parallel to the social affirmations of Humanism (using the Oxford or American Humanist Manifestos) versus how they have played out in modern Western Society . Ill help you get started.....take the Humanist affirmation of unbridled sexual expression commonly referred to as Casual Sex/Hookup Sex , and list a few consequences Society has had to endure because of that affirmation . Please start here :

1. _______________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________.

And yes, I can explain why so many men and women 'of the cloth' act in sexually perverted ways : Because they didn't want to live in accordance to Gods loving protective moral mandates and allowed the Culture to dictate the fulfillment of their urges . Now, don't forget to give an answer above.

Alan H

#38 Post by Alan H » November 20th, 2014, 6:07 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:And yes, I can explain why so many men and women 'of the cloth' act in sexually perverted ways : Because they didn't want to live in accordance to Gods loving protective moral mandates and allowed the Culture to dictate the fulfillment of their urges .
Are they the 'moral mandates' so clearly laid out in your bible? You know, the killing, incest, rape, etc, etc?
Alan Henness

Altfish

#39 Post by Altfish » November 20th, 2014, 6:27 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:
No, id like you to excersise your mind and look at British and American Society as it is today and draw a parallel to the social affirmations of Humanism (using the Oxford or American Humanist Manifestos) versus how they have played out in modern Western Society . Ill help you get started.....take the Humanist affirmation of unbridled sexual expression commonly referred to as Casual Sex/Hookup Sex , and list a few consequences Society has had to endure because of that affirmation . Please start here :

1. _______________________________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________________________.

And yes, I can explain why so many men and women 'of the cloth' act in sexually perverted ways : Because they didn't want to live in accordance to Gods loving protective moral mandates and allowed the Culture to dictate the fulfillment of their urges . Now, don't forget to give an answer above.
Oooh! get you :wink:

Exercise my mind! Oh the irony.

Until you show me a link to where this quote comes from I will treat it with contempt as a Creationist Myth (That's being kind, the phrase 'Liars for Jesus' comes to mind)..
"...the Humanist affirmation of unbridled sexual expression commonly referred to as Casual Sex/Hookup Sex."

Dave B

#40 Post by Dave B » November 20th, 2014, 9:07 pm

YouCanCallMeDave wrote:Thanks , but, aren't you the same Guy who took an interest in my genitilia on another thread ? I don't think I want any personal advice from such an Individual !
Actually I had no interest in your genitalia per se - but considerable interest in your attitude towards your dangly bits and the uses thereof.

But, not important enough to bother about really.
Me, 2015