INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Good video links

Any topics that are primarily about humanism or other non-religious life stances fit in here.
Nick

Good video links

#1 Post by Nick » July 9th, 2007, 5:19 pm

I just thought I'd start a thread for people to post You Tube shorts they like. I'll start with "Kissing Hank's Ass".

I came across this in written form a couple of years ago, but here it is, acted out, to save you the trouble of reading it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDp7pkEcJVQ

The irony of course is that god is not mentioned, it's just that believers recognise their own stupidity, but are still too stupid to realise it.

Alan C.

#2 Post by Alan C. » July 9th, 2007, 9:15 pm

I suspect most of you will have seen this three and a half minute video from the greatly missed Carl Sagan, but I think it deserves to be posted here.
the pale blue dot. Maybe admin could make this thread a sticky for people who come along later? Then we won't need to keep bumping it up.
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

Alan C.

#3 Post by Alan C. » July 10th, 2007, 8:11 pm

A new Pat Condell video, I believe he's in the process of writing a book, it will definitely be on my "to read" list.

Lifelinking

#4 Post by Lifelinking » July 10th, 2007, 9:11 pm

Pat Condell was new to me, thanks for the link Alan.
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

Alan C.

#5 Post by Alan C. » July 12th, 2007, 9:32 pm

Warning! This short video about the Catholic church is X rated don't watch it with the bairns.

Alan C.

#6 Post by Alan C. » July 16th, 2007, 7:45 pm

Short (3 minute 18 second) video.
creationism in a nutshell.No bad language.

Alan C.

#7 Post by Alan C. » July 18th, 2007, 10:53 am

A short 8 minute interview on Canadian TV with Ayaan Hirsi Ali. Not her best but worth a look.

Alan C.

#8 Post by Alan C. » July 18th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Hitchens on fine form in Seattle an hour and 15 mins, but well worth the time. quite a bit of humor, only a couple of cusses and they're edited out.

Alan C.

#9 Post by Alan C. » July 19th, 2007, 11:19 pm

These are audio rather than video, but I think this is the right thread for them. It's a 30 min interview with Christopher Hitchens, broke down into 4 sections, enjoy. Specially part 3, when a pastor phones in and Hitchens starts mumbling profanities under his breath.
part 1.
part 2.
part 3
part 4

Nick

#10 Post by Nick » July 23rd, 2007, 10:25 am

Dawkins as you've never heard him before!!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CEcEwPszf ... ed&search=

Alan C.

#11 Post by Alan C. » July 31st, 2007, 4:45 pm

Young American girl annoying the Christians, some very unchristian like comments posted below the clip. Two and a half minutes.

God
Banned

#12 Post by God » July 31st, 2007, 5:15 pm

Alan C. wrote:Young American girl annoying the Christians, some very unchristian like comments posted below the clip. Two and a half minutes.
Like this one especiall;y:
did u know?..did u know?...DID YOU KNOW!?!!?!? that u are a fucking ugly as hell bitch who wasted thousands no millions of peoples 4 minutes by posting this fake shit religion is about faith not facts and prove and religion has alot of prove i think ur wrong and if ur right add me and talk to me all night i'll b here bitch no wonder u dont respond u a scared little fucking 3 year old in ur closet
And you know, if I was really anything like that guy probably thinks I am, I guess I'd approve. I don't 'though. I think he's a f**king moron actually. And of course, now I've thought it, he certainly is a moron. Now that's what I call a fact!

Oh yeah. And the "bitch" is pretty too, as (another) matter of fact.

Well spotted AC :thumbsup:

Oooooh! I do like this game!

Lordy! Lordy! I just had this vision. I was up a ladder stripping some ivy off the wall at the back of the garden, a-musin' on this post, when ah ha-yed this viz-yon. The' was the Loo-ord Jays-zus Chra-eist hezself a-standin'pro-claimin'. An' what was The Lo-ord proclaimin'?

Wey-yell, out of his moth wazza comin' theez wordz, and theez eez what ah heard:
did u know?..did u know?...
sayeth the Lo-oord
DID YOU KNOW!?!!?!?
sayeth He
that u are a fucking ugly as hell bitch who wasted thousands no millions of peoples 4 minutes by posting this fake shit religion is about faith not facts and prove and religion has alot of prove
Oh yes brothers and sisters ALL, this IS the Lord...
i think ur wrong and if ur right add me and talk to me all night i'll b here bitch
Oh yey-es, a He will a be-there awaitin' for YEW'all to come unto Him...
no wonder u dont respond u a scared little fucking 3 year old in ur closet
And ay-mehen tae that. Ahmen. Ahmenimeni-men.
AHMEN
Lordy lordy lordy...

.....................................Yeah ! PRAISE the Lord Jesus Christ Ah-men!

Alan C.

#13 Post by Alan C. » August 2nd, 2007, 9:45 pm

This is the same girl addressing the comments to her video. Some strong language, for one so young and pretty.

Alan C.

#14 Post by Alan C. » August 2nd, 2007, 9:54 pm

This is a short video mapping the start and spread of the main religions. The Christians have got it down to a fine art, despite giving the Hindus, the Jews, and the Buddhists, a start, but them wily Muslims are coming up on the rails.

God
Banned

#15 Post by God » August 3rd, 2007, 9:18 am

I originally wrote:
Alan C. wrote:This is the same girl addressing the comments to her video. Some strong language, for one so young and pretty.
She's talking back to them in their own language. They started using the filthy language, so they can't argue against her speaking it back to them. Though I would agree it would probably have looked better if she had not risen to the bait. But, AC, I understand exactly how she feels and why she did it, and my heart goes out to her*.

(1) She in fact only swore about 3 or 4 times* (and every time to good effect).

(2) She is a pleasure to look and and listen to.

(3) Her argument is excellent.

I recommend it to all.

Alan C.

#16 Post by Alan C. » August 7th, 2007, 1:44 pm

Watch this 10 minute video on the Christian Embassy, and be afraid.............be very afraid.
There is a part 2 (to the right of the screen) if you can stomach it. :sick:

God
Banned

#17 Post by God » August 7th, 2007, 2:01 pm

Alan C. wrote:Watch this 10 minute video on the Christian Embassy, and be afraid.............be very afraid.
There is a part 2 (to the right of the screen) if you can stomach it. :sick:
And you still don't think humanists need to assert ourselves, eg day of action, etc.?

Alan C.

#18 Post by Alan C. » August 8th, 2007, 9:14 pm

God
Banned

#19 Post by God » August 8th, 2007, 10:03 pm

Alan C. wrote:The latest Pat Condell talking about religion, and not religion. I just love this guy.
But - er - I thought ... no, never mind. Yuh, he's cool. Never come across him before. Pretty fundamentalatheist like, yeah? I thought - sorry - I keep getting confused messages about "respecting" peoples beliefs and stuff, and yet now this guy just says it like it is and that's OK? No? Oh well ... hmmm

:puzzled:

Alan C.

#20 Post by Alan C. » August 10th, 2007, 9:53 pm

Some rapture ready Americans, interviewed by a Jew. :hilarity: 10 minutes long. Note the televangelists lifestyle!!!