INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Atheist questionnaire

Any topics that are primarily about humanism or other non-religious life stances fit in here.
jaywhat

Atheist questionnaire

#1 Post by jaywhat » May 7th, 2008, 8:25 pm

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?...MVFK_2bQ_3d_3d

I did this and found it very interesting. It is on the James Randi website and I went through that in the Religion and Philosophy thread - but the above is the questionaire site.

SORRY about this. It does not seem to get to the non-theism survey. If you know more than me please tell people how to get there - if they have half an hour to spare.

Alan H

Re: Atheist questionnaire

#2 Post by Alan H » May 7th, 2008, 8:36 pm

jaywhat

It looks like something is cutting a bit out of the middle of the URL. I'll try to find it on Randi's website.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#3 Post by Maria Mac » May 8th, 2008, 11:33 pm

jaywhat

#4 Post by jaywhat » May 9th, 2008, 6:33 am

Brilliant - how do you do it? On second thoughts, don't bother!

Anyway, I do recommend a look at this survey.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#5 Post by Maria Mac » May 9th, 2008, 9:18 am

If I don't bother then you won't learn and that might be more bother for me at some future date. :D

I think you must have copied and pasted the link from the post it appeared in when you should have clicked on the link, gone to the website and copied the full url from the address bar.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#6 Post by Maria Mac » May 9th, 2008, 11:04 am

I've just completed the survey and am mentally exhausted. It took me well over an hour. I enjoyed it at first but then got a bit bored and had trouble keeping my attention on it.

But that's just me.

jaywhat

#7 Post by jaywhat » May 9th, 2008, 11:06 am

Thanks for bothering, Maria, and sorry it wore you out.
I agree with you that it is through being bothered that one learns.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#8 Post by Maria Mac » May 9th, 2008, 7:02 pm

Now that I've had a rest, I'd like to say that it looks like a very good and thorough survey and if you have between 30 and 75 mins to spare, I recommend giving it a go because you could be contributing to useful research and you might find it enjoyable, as I did for the first half hour. I always find questionnaires that I have to focus on for more than about twenty minutes enormously difficult (that's why the last IQ test I did gave me an IQ of about 75!) so don't let my experience put you off. You can always abandon it if you don't like it!

Jumile

#9 Post by Jumile » May 11th, 2008, 1:49 am

I just completed this questionnaire, too. Definitely time consuming, and quite taxing.

Hope it helps the researcher(s). :)

Matt
Matt
Crusade, n.: A war fought to determine whose imaginary friend is better. :)

snaggletooth

#10 Post by snaggletooth » July 9th, 2008, 10:07 pm

I've just found this as I'm new here. It took around 15 mins but at the end I didn't learn anything I didn't know already, I'm still trying to find the point in it to be honest! :)

Alan H

#11 Post by Alan H » July 9th, 2008, 11:05 pm

I think it's just so the researcher can gauge the beliefs and knowledge of the respondents. I would expect some kind of report at the end of it.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Parapraxis

#12 Post by Parapraxis » July 10th, 2008, 1:34 pm

Usually I cannot find the mental effort or time to complete such lengthy questionnaires, but I'm hoping that the data I gave there is at least going to go into something useful.
The poster formerly known as "Electric Angel"

Oxfordrocks

#13 Post by Oxfordrocks » July 11th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Took about 10 minutes.
Interesting I guess.
hello

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#14 Post by Maria Mac » September 1st, 2008, 12:18 am

In case anybody who did the original questionnaire didn't get this email - and I know Alan didn't - I'm pasting it here.

>>Hi all,

Thanks again for participating in the non-theist survey. The data has come rolling in and I think the project will be a successful one. While I've been reviewing answers to the questions and talking to lots of non-theists at meetings and in individual conversations in several countries, I've realized that there are important questions that I was not able to get to with the original survey.

So, I've put together some additional questions (not as many as the original!). No worries if you do not feel like answering more questions, but for those of you that are willing, I'd really appreciate your participation.

Here's the link for the new questions:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm= ... PMBg_3d_3d

I'll be sure to post links to the results and to the publications that result from this work on the websites/forums where I advertised for the original survey, but, alas, this won't be until sometime in 2009, when the project is done and I've analyzed all the data.

Thanks again for all your help,
Jon <<