INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

John Noakes 1934 - 2017

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
Alan H

John Noakes 1934 - 2017

#1 Post by Alan H » May 29th, 2017, 11:28 am

Whose childhood was he not a great part of?

John Noakes: The action man of Blue Peter
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

Re: John Noakes 1934 - 2017

#2 Post by Dave B » May 29th, 2017, 1:08 pm

Alan H wrote:Whose childhood was he not a great part of?

John Noakes: The action man of Blue Peter
I am sorry to hear about this, although he was mostly active during an earlier period when I did possess or watch TV, either in the RAF or living in a cheap bedsitter.

But the many clips I have seen over the years show he was a real action man as well as a showman. It seems he said that it was all part of an act, not the real him. What an act though!

I am sure, "Get down, Shep!" will live on.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

Re: John Noakes 1934 - 2017

#3 Post by Alan H » May 29th, 2017, 2:45 pm

Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?