INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

J P Sears

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
getreal

J P Sears

#1 Post by getreal » May 24th, 2016, 10:07 am

I thought I had already brought this up, but a search didn't show anything, so hope I'm not repeating myself.

Anyone heard of the above? He posts videos gently mocking new age beliefs. His videos, under the title "ultra spiritual" are very funny. I assumed he was a skeptic, but it appears not. He appears to be a genuine lifestyle guru with a sense of humour.

Anyone any comments?
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

getreal

Re: J P Sears

#2 Post by getreal » May 24th, 2016, 10:13 am

I can't seem to post links. Just put JP Sears ultra spiritual into Google. He has "serious" videos too. But they don't come under the title "ultra spiritual"
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Alan H

#3 Post by Alan H » May 24th, 2016, 10:51 am

getreal wrote:I can't seem to post links. Just put JP Sears ultra spiritual into Google. He has "serious" videos too. But they don't come under the title "ultra spiritual"
Odd... what happens?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » May 24th, 2016, 11:08 am

Ah. I'd seen his 'how to become gluten intolerant' one before. Pure parody, but is he really for real, getreal?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

getreal

#5 Post by getreal » June 23rd, 2016, 11:03 pm

Yes, Alan. He runs courses on lifestyle along the lines of "being the best you can be" sort of thing. I tried to listen to one of his serious videos but I have an inbuilt zero tolerance of all that stuff-I just can't stand it. I'm sure some people find it useful, but for me it's a complete turnoff. I like the idea that he puts a lot of his serious stuff online for free, though. I think that shows integrity. He does a super spoof of coconut oil. I'll try to post it if I can.

Dave B

#6 Post by Dave B » June 24th, 2016, 7:58 am

I like the idea of "being the best you can be" if that means recognisising your inherent abilities and learning to utlise them fully. But it takes a great teacher to be able to achieve that for anyone - to recognise their true possibilities, get them to do the same then teach them the self-respect and confidence they might need.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Nutellathehun

#7 Post by Nutellathehun » June 24th, 2016, 4:03 pm

I hadn't heard of him. I just watched the coconut oil clip: Hilarious-and probably more accurate than most people realize.
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
~Epicurus