INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Invitation to play Star Citizen

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
Compassionist

Invitation to play Star Citizen

#1 Post by Compassionist » January 26th, 2016, 8:53 pm

Star Citizen is a Guinness World Record breaking space game currently being developed. The Alpha 2.2.1 version of the game is already out. Thank you.

Compassionist

Re: Invitation to play Star Citizen

#2 Post by Compassionist » February 2nd, 2016, 10:12 pm

Newcomers get to fly free until 8th of February 2016 in case you want to try it out without spending any money.

Alan H

#3 Post by Alan H » February 2nd, 2016, 10:14 pm

Thanks for the invitation, but not really my thing! Is your son playing it?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » February 2nd, 2016, 10:34 pm

Yeah, sorry, Compo - I'm not a games person either.

Oh, except analysing and playing, "The Hobbit" on my Sinclair Spectrum for months in the1980s . . . until I discovered, the hard way, that there was a glitch in the program and it was impossible to complete it! I had six sheets of A4 graph paoer on the wall mapping the game out and could get 3/4 the way through on memory, not even reading the screen, just bashing in the key strokes.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Compassionist

#5 Post by Compassionist » February 4th, 2016, 9:08 am

Alan H wrote:Thanks for the invitation, but not really my thing! Is your son playing it?
You are welcome Alan. You don't have to play it if you don't want to. Yes, my son and I are both playing it.

Compassionist

#6 Post by Compassionist » February 4th, 2016, 9:09 am

Dave B wrote:Yeah, sorry, Compo - I'm not a games person either.

Oh, except analysing and playing, "The Hobbit" on my Sinclair Spectrum for months in the1980s . . . until I discovered, the hard way, that there was a glitch in the program and it was impossible to complete it! I had six sheets of A4 graph paoer on the wall mapping the game out and could get 3/4 the way through on memory, not even reading the screen, just bashing in the key strokes.
That's ok Dave. I think games have moved a long way since the 1980s. Sorry your game had a bug in it.

Compassionist

#7 Post by Compassionist » February 6th, 2016, 10:25 pm

Compassionist wrote:Newcomers get to fly free until 8th of February 2016 in case you want to try it out without spending any money.
The free fly period has been extended to 14th of February in case anyone here wants to try out Star Citizen!