INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

AGFL

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
Val

AGFL

#1 Post by Val » May 7th, 2012, 7:14 pm

Does anyone remember a man by the name of Alan Lewis who used to write puns. I had a book of them but it is long gone. To jog memories here are two of his.
"Continental quilts are all very well but duvet keep you warm" and
"I have had this cough for 7 days now, it is just a wee old."

Alan H

Re: AGFL

#2 Post by Alan H » May 7th, 2012, 7:41 pm

I hadn't heard of him, but a lot about him and his books turns up in a Google search.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Val

Re: AGFL

#3 Post by Val » May 8th, 2012, 8:54 pm

Thanks Alan I did a google thingy but nothing came up unless I did not look far enough. Thanks for the link I have ordered the copy from Amazon. I don't mind using Amazon for hard to get books, although I usually use Yeadons in Elgin or Waterstones.