INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Favourite bedtime stories

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
Alan H

Favourite bedtime stories

#1 Post by Alan H » June 15th, 2011, 10:25 pm

What bed time stories sent you off to sleep and what works/worked for your kids/grand kids?

Here's one you might like to try, read by Samuel L Jackson, for when you absolutely, positively, got to get some sleep...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Fia

Re: Favourite bedtime stories

#2 Post by Fia » June 16th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Sadly the link is not available any more. If I ever get round to making a youtube account I'll read it for y'all, as I love this book :)

ludite

#3 Post by ludite » June 16th, 2011, 9:56 pm

I don't remeber any stories from my childhood. I used to read the famouse five and secret seven to my daughter. I also used to make up stories about the a window cleanig hedgehog who used to take his femily on holiday to southport on a underground railway that was run by a family of moles. I also used to make up stories of the trolls who lived in the street lights and used to eat holes in the green wheelie bins as I never wrote anything down the stories used to alter a lot but she used to love them.

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » June 17th, 2011, 12:01 am

Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Fia

#5 Post by Fia » June 17th, 2011, 9:31 pm

Thanks Alan. All parents have been there :yawn: :sleep:

edited to add my eldest had an annoying phase of wanting repetitive readings of Dr Seuss's 'Fox in Socks'. Tongue twisters extraordinare. If i could get through the tweetle beetles word perfect she'd drop off. If I'd been imbibing she'd wait until I eventually got it right before sleeping :twisted:

NeilNeilOrangePeel

#6 Post by NeilNeilOrangePeel » March 2nd, 2017, 8:38 am

For reading aloud, try this one