INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Last episode of Heartbeat

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
loz2286

Last episode of Heartbeat

#1 Post by loz2286 » September 21st, 2010, 9:15 am

Was I mistaken when watching Heartbeat the other night? There was a scene with Oscar Blaketon filmed in front of Scripp's Garage; while he was talking the Grim Reaper walked behind him. My son says he saw it too, but my wife, who was knitting, claims we are making it up.

Well, did the dark one walk across my screen?

Anyone else see it?

Nick

Re: Last episode of Heartbeat

#2 Post by Nick » September 21st, 2010, 9:48 am

I'm afraid I didn't see it, Loz,so I can't help you.

But when I saw the title of the thread, I thought you meant that there were to be no more episodes of Heartbeat (which may be true if the Grim Reaper is about). If that were so I have a title idea for a sequel to Heartbeat....
Spoiler:
Flatline :twisted:

loz2286

#3 Post by loz2286 » September 21st, 2010, 10:04 am

The episode ended with Oscar impaled on a hayspike following a punch-up with East German Stazi spies.

So your suggestion is probably appropriate.

I think it was the final ever episode.

Nick

#4 Post by Nick » September 21st, 2010, 10:24 am

Ooo-errr! Where's a good old English Longbowman when you need one, eh?

Dave B

#5 Post by Dave B » September 21st, 2010, 3:42 pm

loz2286 wrote:The episode ended with Oscar impaled on a hayspike following a punch-up with East German Stazi spies.

So your suggestion is probably appropriate.

I think it was the final ever episode.
Stazi spies?

What on earth has happened to the nice, homely, everyday story of Northern policemen and their eccentric friends, like Claude Greengrass, since I last owned a TV licence? I remember that really nice copper and his really nice doctor wife and their, usually, fairly gentle doings - too tame for today?

Classic Claude
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Dave B

#6 Post by Dave B » September 21st, 2010, 3:43 pm

Good theme tune though - nostalgia for the first time I ever heard that.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Val

#7 Post by Val » September 21st, 2010, 6:37 pm

I have never seen an episode of Heartbeat but I know that they have made their last one because the people in the North Yorkshire Moors national park are very upset about it. The show has apparently brought thousands to the area. We were on holiday there in June and the locals were very glum about their future.

Lifelinking

#8 Post by Lifelinking » September 21st, 2010, 6:45 pm

Where's a good old English Longbowman when you need one, eh?
pinging rubber bands - coalition spending cuts
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

jamesjones950

#9 Post by jamesjones950 » September 22nd, 2010, 9:27 pm

to get back to the original question.............. I saw the grim reaper walk past in the background, too.

clearly an in-joke by the production team.

typical ITV sound business sense: take a formula that viewers like (a successful product) and arbitrarily decide that it has had its day (commercial suicide).

Perhaps this is why I have BBC iplayer saved to my favourites, but not ITV's equivalent, whatever it's called. Why would I, when all they have is Corrie, Xfactor, and Britain's Got Talent?
a "New Atheist" for the last 55 years

Dave B

#10 Post by Dave B » September 22nd, 2010, 10:30 pm

Perhaps this is why I have BBC iplayer saved to my favourites, but not ITV's equivalent, whatever it's called. Why would I, when all they have is Corrie, Xfactor, and Britain's Got Talent?
Try 4OD then JJ, for:

The Genius of Charles Darwin
Stephen Hawking's Universe
The Enemies of Reason
Genius of Britain

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/tags ... environmen
Me, 2015