INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Big Brother then

Enter here to talk about books, art, literature, film, TV and anything else to do with popular culture.
Chineapple punk

Re: Big Brother then

#41 Post by Chineapple punk » September 5th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Final night. I hope Rex doesn't win. He is a total bell end!
Give quiche a chance.

Alan H

#42 Post by Alan H » September 5th, 2008, 9:05 pm

Your wish is granted!
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#43 Post by Maria Mac » September 6th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Chineapple punk wrote:Autumn said:
Sara doesn't do herself any favours. Having been treated so badly by Darnell, I wouldn't expect her to be quite so...um...friendly now they've made up.
I think she is essentially a very nice person who has decided to forgive Darnell and give him a second chance(not sure if I could after all the nasty things that he said). They are BOTH being affectionate (or flirting) with each other, but lots of people seem to have vilified Sara alone for this. Personally I don't get why people are so bothered about it. They are both adults who know the score and are not hurting anyone. I say let them get on with it if that's what they want to do.
The public perception seems to be that Sara holds all the power because she's an attractive woman while Darnell has the disadvantage of his albinism and is therefore the vulnerable one of the two. They also seem to think it's inconceivable that Sara could actually be attracted to him as if no woman ever falls for a man who isn't conventionally handsome.

I was glad Sara beat both of them to get third place. In fact I was pretty happy with whole result though I would have liked the bellend to be out first. I thought Davina's interviews with the winner on both the main programme and BBBM totally sucked, however.

I wish they'd get a new presenter.

Chineapple punk

#44 Post by Chineapple punk » September 6th, 2008, 5:24 pm

Maria said:
The public perception seems to be that Sara holds all the power because she's an attractive woman while Darnell has the disadvantage of his albinism and is therefore the vulnerable one of the two. They also seem to think it's inconceivable that Sara could actually be attracted to him as if no woman ever falls for a man who isn't conventionally handsome.

I was glad Sara beat both of them to get third place. In fact I was pretty happy with whole result though I would have liked the bellend to be out first. I thought Davina's interviews with the winner on both the main programme and BBBM totally sucked, however.

I wish they'd get a new presenter.
I totally agree with your assessment of the Darnell/Sara saga. I was really surprised, but very pleased, that she came third. The bellend, who treated his girlfriend like she was one of "the possessions that he has worked so hard for", was nasty and smug right to the end.

Mikey was an absolute star! It would have been nice if he had won, but can't complain about Rachel winning it. I think it showed that being nice isn't a crime and doesn't mean that you "aren't being real".
Give quiche a chance.

Maria Mac
Site Admin

#45 Post by Maria Mac » September 7th, 2008, 6:32 pm

Chineapple punk wrote:
Mikey was an absolute star! It would have been nice if he had won, but can't complain about Rachel winning it. I think it showed that being nice isn't a crime and doesn't mean that you "aren't being real".
Mikey was hilarious - I wish they would give the runner up a prize. Davina seemed intent on presenting Rachel as not as nice as she seems. On BBBM she said that Rachel liked to 'have a little bitch in the diary room' and then put her on the spot asking if she would share the money with her ex-housemates provoking a flood of complaints.

Chineapple punk

#46 Post by Chineapple punk » September 7th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Maria wrote:
Mikey was hilarious - I wish they would give the runner up a prize. Davina seemed intent on presenting Rachel as not as nice as she seems. On BBBM she said that Rachel liked to 'have a little bitch in the diary room' and then put her on the spot asking if she would share the money with her ex-housemates provoking a flood of complaints.
Yeh, Davina's bias was really obvious. I thought the whole point of the diary room was to bitch and let of steam about your other housemates? This then enables you to live with them without feeling the need to express every negative thought that you have. None of us would have any friends if we operated like this, and explains why people like the bellend probably don't have any.
Give quiche a chance.

kbell

#47 Post by kbell » September 7th, 2008, 10:33 pm

I'm glad it's over - I felt it went on much too long and I'm sick of the sight and sound of Davina. I didn't have a strong favourite this year. I really liked Kat, Sara and Mikey and I also really wanted a girl to win so was happy that Rachel did.

Can't wait for celeb BB!
Kathryn