. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.
General socialising and light-hearted discussions take place in here.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: December 3rd, 2018, 2:55 pm
Latest post of the previous page:
‘Happy Jack’ by The Who
According to some sources, Pete Townshend reported the song is about a man who slept on the beach near where Townshend vacationed as a child. Children on the beach would laugh at the man and once buried him in the sand. However, the man never seemed to mind and only smiled in response.
I chose Jack Nicholson smiling to create a slight discord between the avatar and the name. In the course of my life I expect to be vilified but I hope my words will ultimately be accepted. That’s why I’m happy!
The Earth is but one country and mankind its citizens - Baha’u’llah
- Posts: 24050
- Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm
I hope you're happy here, Jack!
There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:
1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?
- Posts: 10
- Joined: April 25th, 2019, 12:02 am
I did a simple search for forum avatar and it was one of the first results in Google Images. It just jumped out at me, I think because it portrays a certain modern day caution and sadness that I could relate to.