INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

How the Bible supports slavery

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Gnostic Bishop

Re: How the Bible supports slavery

#21 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 3rd, 2022, 3:07 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Compassionist wrote:
July 2nd, 2022, 1:52 pm
I want to go back in time and prevent all suffering, injustice and deaths but I can't. I want to make all living things forever happy but I can't.
Life is build on death and you would end our evolution, which contains a small evil within the greater good of our continuing evolution.

Screw all lower animals, if it means man continues to live instead of going extinct, the way you seem to want us to do.

You forget that even Christianity recognizes the good of evil, as they sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to God.

It is also necessary to nature and man.

Regards
DL

Compassionist

#22 Post by Compassionist » July 3rd, 2022, 6:33 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 3rd, 2022, 3:07 pm
Compassionist wrote:
I want to go back in time and prevent all suffering, injustice and deaths but I can't. I want to make all living things forever happy but I can't.
Life is build on death and you would end our evolution, which contains a small evil within the greater good of our continuing evolution.

Screw all lower animals, if it means man continues to live instead of going extinct, the way you seem to want us to do.

You forget that even Christianity recognizes the good of evil, as they sing of Adam's sin being a happy fault and necessary to God.

Regards
DL
Why would a real and good God create a world full of suffering, injustice and deaths? You are evil because you said, "screw all lower animals". You don't care about their pain and deaths. I bet you are not a vegan. There is no such thing as lower or higher animals. All animals are equally evolved. Evolution is a blind process. It has no foresight. Why would a real and good God use such a horrific and unjust process? If I were omniscient and omnipotent I would make an infinite number of living things that are also equally all-loving, all-knowing and all-powerful. This would ensure that all beings are forever happy. If God was real and good, that's what God woud have done. As things stand, God is either evil and real or evil and imaginary.

Compassionist

#23 Post by Compassionist » July 5th, 2022, 1:34 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Compassionist wrote:

Regards
DL
Please see https://www.nature.com/scitable/topicpa ... ess-41936/ and https://www.britannica.com/science/life ... e-on-Earth They will help you understand why "All organisms on Earth today are equally evolved since all share the same ancient original ancestors who faced myriad threats to their survival."

Gnostic Bishop

#24 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 6th, 2022, 3:04 pm

Compassionist wrote:
July 3rd, 2022, 6:33 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Compassionist wrote:

Regards
DL
Why would a real and good God create a world full of suffering, injustice and deaths? You are evil because you said, "screw all lower animals". You don't care about their pain and deaths. I bet you are not a vegan. There is no such thing as lower or higher animals. All animals are equally evolved. Evolution is a blind process. It has no foresight. Why would a real and good God use such a horrific and unjust process? If I were omniscient and omnipotent I would make an infinite number of living things that are also equally all-loving, all-knowing and all-powerful. This would ensure that all beings are forever happy. If God was real and good, that's what God woud have done. As things stand, God is either evil and real or evil and imaginary.
You see way more suffering than I do.

Fact is, most of us get way more good than evil sent our way.

You might read a few stats on evil and see evil loosing to good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbkSRLYSojo

For specific evils, even murder, prof Pinker has excellent stats.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/wh ... e11874044/

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

#25 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 6th, 2022, 3:09 pm

""screw all lower animals". You don't care about their pain and deaths."

I did not say that, and your using half my fucking word shows that we are not going to have a worthy chat.

Regards
DL

Compassionist

#26 Post by Compassionist » July 6th, 2022, 8:28 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 3:09 pm

I did not say that, and your using half my fucking word shows that we are not going to have a worthy chat.

Regards
DL
You are swearing instead of making a sound rebuttal. If you cared about the 'lower' animals, you would not have said 'screw all lower animals' under any circumstances. I don't want humans or any other species to go extinct. When did I say that I want humans to go extinct? I have never ever said that. I want all beings to be all-loving, all-knowing, and all-powerful. I also want all beings to own an infinite number of universes each. Sadly, what I want is not something I can achieve because I am neither all-knowing nor all-powerful, even though I am all-loving.

Gnostic Bishop

#27 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 11th, 2022, 3:47 pm

Compassionist wrote:
July 6th, 2022, 8:28 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL
You are swearing instead of making a sound rebuttal. If you cared about the 'lower' animals, you would not have said 'screw all lower animals' under any circumstances. I don't want humans or any other species to go extinct. When did I say that I want humans to go extinct? I have never ever said that. I want all beings to be all-loving, all-knowing, and all-powerful. I also want all beings to own an infinite number of universes each. Sadly, what I want is not something I can achieve because I am neither all-knowing nor all-powerful, even though I am all-loving.
What you want, nature and evolution wisely rejected.

How does the fittest rise to rule if the pains of losing a competition is never suffered?

BTW, remember that when you love all equally, no one is special to you.

I offer my sympathy if that is your case.

Love always has conditions.

Regards
DL

Compassionist

#28 Post by Compassionist » July 11th, 2022, 7:27 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 11th, 2022, 3:47 pm
Compassionist wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL

How does the fittest rise to rule if the pains of losing a competition is never suffered?

Regards
DL
Nature and evolution are not wise. There is nothing wise about 99.9% of the species going extinct. Nature and evolution are not even sentient. There is no plan or foresight involved. Mutation and natural selection are how evolution works. It's cruel, unjust, and horrific. "Survival of the fittest" is simply a false idea. It's the survival of those who were unfortunate enough to be conceived into a horrific and unjust reality full of suffering, injustice and deaths. This is a domain of evil. If you are unfortunate enough to be born, you are guaranteed to suffer and die. My love is unconditional. So, your statement "Love always has conditions" is simply wrong.

Compassionist

#29 Post by Compassionist » July 11th, 2022, 9:45 pm

I called the reality we live in a domain of evil because here the evil prospers and the innocent perishes. 20% of meerkats are murdered by other meerkats. Most of the murdered meerkats are baby meerkats.

Gnostic Bishop

#30 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 12th, 2022, 4:21 pm

Compassionist wrote:
July 11th, 2022, 7:27 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Compassionist wrote:

Regards
DL
Nature and evolution are not wise. There is nothing wise about 99.9% of the species going extinct. Nature and evolution are not even sentient. There is no plan or foresight involved. Mutation and natural selection are how evolution works. It's cruel, unjust, and horrific. "Survival of the fittest" is simply a false idea. It's the survival of those who were unfortunate enough to be conceived into a horrific and unjust reality full of suffering, injustice and deaths. This is a domain of evil. If you are unfortunate enough to be born, you are guaranteed to suffer and die. My love is unconditional. So, your statement "Love always has conditions" is simply wrong.
If you love all unconditionally, I offer my sympathy for you not having anyone special in your life.

You make many statements, but all without arguments.

One condition to any love is being alive and reciprocity.

One cannot love alone. It takes 2. If you cannot get that ----- then keep stalking the world instead of looking for true reciprocal love.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

#31 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 12th, 2022, 4:28 pm

Compassionist wrote:
July 11th, 2022, 9:45 pm
I called the reality we live in a domain of evil because here the evil prospers and the innocent perishes. 20% of meerkats are murdered by other meerkats. Most of the murdered meerkats are baby meerkats.
Open your eyes to how good things are.

Did you look up Prof. Pinker

https://www.bing.com/search?q=steven+pi ... ORM=DEPNAV

If you have a better form of evolution, name it.

Regards
DL

Compassionist

#32 Post by Compassionist » July 13th, 2022, 1:06 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 12th, 2022, 4:21 pm
Compassionist wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL
If you love all unconditionally, I offer my sympathy for you not having anyone special in your life.

One cannot love alone. It takes 2. If you cannot get that ----- then keep stalking the world instead of looking for true reciprocal love.

Regards
DL
To me, all living things are special. I agree that you have to be alive to love, but reciprocity is not required. I have donated lots of money to lots of charities and individuals - I received nothing from them in return, nor do I need anything from them in return.

Compassionist

#33 Post by Compassionist » July 13th, 2022, 1:08 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 12th, 2022, 4:28 pm
Compassionist wrote:

Regards
DL
In an ideal reality, all beings have an infinite quality of life for an infinite length of time. We don't live in an ideal reality. Yes, over the years humans have improved their quality of life compared to how things were in the past, but compared to an infinite quality of life and an infinite length of life, it is appalling. Also, 99.9% of the species to evolve so far on Earth are already extinct. How is that good for them? Evolution is mindless, cruel, and unjust. It is as mindless as the reality we exist in. It does not care about living things or else, no living thing would ever suffer or die. We live in a horrific and unjust reality. I have read Steven Pinker's books. He said inequality is natural. I agree. So are diseases and natural disasters. Just because something is natural, it does not make it good or wise or right.

Gnostic Bishop

#34 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 13th, 2022, 3:43 pm

Compassionist wrote:
July 13th, 2022, 1:06 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 12th, 2022, 4:21 pm
Compassionist wrote:

Regards
DL
To me, all living things are special. I agree that you have to be alive to love, but reciprocity is not required. I have donated lots of money to lots of charities and individuals - I received nothing from them in return, nor do I need anything from them in return.
Duty to others, like charity, is not love.

If reciprocity, work, and deeds are not a part of love, then your description of love is wrong.

How could you show your love without them?

I also give freely to charities, but get the mental and social benefits. That benefit I do not call love.

Regards
DL

Gnostic Bishop

#35 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 13th, 2022, 3:56 pm

Compassionist wrote:
July 13th, 2022, 1:08 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
Compassionist wrote:

Regards
DL
In an ideal reality, all beings have an infinite quality of life for an infinite length of time. We don't live in an ideal reality. Yes, over the years humans have improved their quality of life compared to how things were in the past, but compared to an infinite quality of life and an infinite length of life, it is appalling. Also, 99.9% of the species to evolve so far on Earth are already extinct. How is that good for them? Evolution is mindless, cruel, and unjust. It is as mindless as the reality we exist in. It does not care about living things or else, no living thing would ever suffer or die. We live in a horrific and unjust reality. I have read Steven Pinker's books. He said inequality is natural. I agree. So are diseases and natural disasters. Just because something is natural, it does not make it good or wise or right.
So you would have all live forever in bliss.

Quite a boring wish list. Perhaps that is why nature chose the better form of evolution we live.

You seem to be judging nature and deciding that it should favor certain types of life.

I think that life is just life to nature, be it intelligent or not.

You seem to see nature as immoral while I see it as amoral.

Nature, being non-sentient, I don't think we can really speak of it's moral position.

Tell me though, as you have competed with others and have cause the evil of lose to the loser, would you let yourself lose a competition, let's say for a job, and let the other win?

Not likely my friend, which means that you use evolution in a way you do not want to.

We must all do it so as the fittest can be recognized and followed.

If you have a better system in mind, show how the fittest can be found without a competition.

Regards
DL

Compassionist

#36 Post by Compassionist » July 13th, 2022, 5:02 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 13th, 2022, 3:56 pm
Compassionist wrote:
July 13th, 2022, 1:08 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL
So you would have all live forever in bliss.

Quite a boring wish list. Perhaps that is why nature chose the better form of evolution we live.

You seem to be judging nature and deciding that it should favor certain types of life.

I think that life is just life to nature, be it intelligent or not.

You seem to see nature as immoral while I see it as amoral.

Nature, being non-sentient, I don't think we can really speak of it's moral position.

Tell me though, as you have competed with others and have cause the evil of lose to the loser, would you let yourself lose a competition, let's say for a job, and let the other win?

Not likely my friend, which means that you use evolution in a way you do not want to.

We must all do it so as the fittest can be recognized and followed.

If you have a better system in mind, show how the fittest can be found without a competition.

Regards
DL
How can an infinite number of omnibenevolent, omniscient, and omnipotent beings who each have an infinite quality of life for an infinite length of time and who own an infinite number of universes each, be bored?

Living things are not the fittest. I am not the fittest. You are not the fittest. 99.9% of all the species to evolve on Earth have gone extinct, not because they were unworthy of existence but because reality does not care about their existence. The 0.1% of the species that are still around are not the fittest of all the living things that have ever lived. We have merely slipped through the cracks of the killing machine of reality. Although, we won't slip through the cracks forever - death is coming for all of us. Every nanosecond we move closer to death.

We are unfortunate and limited and mortal beings who are doomed to suffer and die. My brother's brain was damaged during a forceps delivery and he died as a result. If the same event happened to all the human babies, they too, would have died. My brother did not die because he was unfit to live, he died because of the carelessness of a doctor. There is nothing fair about life in the real world. It is a horror movie without a plot or meaning.

Many living things have died due to earthquakes, storms, tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, floods, asteroid strikes, etc. There is nothing good or wise or just about natural selection.

In my vision of an ideal world there is no competition and there is no need for competition. I envision an egalitarian reality where everyone loves everyone and are perfect in every way. How can any living thing be fitter than an infinite number of omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent beings?

I am all too aware that I am comparing a fantasy of an ideal reality to the defects of actual reality.

I have lost most of the competitions I have taken part in. I hate competitions. It brings out the worst in living things. I want all beings to win at everything and they can only do that if there is no competition. That's why in my ideal reality, there are in infinite number of equally omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent beings who all have equally infinite quality of life and who all live forever and are all equally rich owners of an infinite number of universes each. I know it's a fantasy. I know that as I type these words, living things are suffering and dying and I am powerless to turn my fantasy into reality.

Gnostic Bishop

#37 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 17th, 2022, 3:15 pm

It is good that we are all in your powerless shoes.

Imagine the crap if we all had power.

Who told you you were not the fittest in your line, and why would you believe that lie?

If you were not the fittest in your line, who is?

Regards
DL

Compassionist

#38 Post by Compassionist » July 18th, 2022, 8:32 am

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 17th, 2022, 3:15 pm

Who told you you were not the fittest in your line, and why would you believe that lie?

Regards
DL
No one can harm all-knowing and all-powerful beings. So, if we were all like that we would all be invincible. What do you mean by the fittest in your line? How would we work out which species is the fittest species? How would we work out which members of a species are the fittest?

Gnostic Bishop

#39 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 18th, 2022, 3:22 pm

Compassionist wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 8:32 am
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL
No one can harm all-knowing and all-powerful beings. So, if we were all like that we would all be invincible. What do you mean by the fittest in your line? How would we work out which species is the fittest species? How would we work out which members of a species are the fittest?
To your first.

I cannot know the standards of what I have never encountered.

To the rest.

Human standards of excellence and fitness are well documented.

Just look at where we compete.

I don't think we need itemize them all, do we?

Regards
DL

Compassionist

#40 Post by Compassionist » July 18th, 2022, 6:10 pm

Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 3:22 pm
Compassionist wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:

Regards
DL
To your first.

To the rest.

Regards
DL
How am I the fittest in my line? You didn't explain what you mean by my line. There are much more resilient organisms than humans e.g. tardigrades can survive even in the vacuum of space for 30 days without a space station or space ship or space suit. So, human standards for excellence and fitness are exceeded by other organisms. So, they are fitter than the human species.

Gnostic Bishop

#41 Post by Gnostic Bishop » July 21st, 2022, 1:29 am

Compassionist wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 6:10 pm
Gnostic Bishop wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 3:22 pm
Compassionist wrote:

To your first.

To the rest.

Regards
DL
How am I the fittest in my line? You didn't explain what you mean by my line. There are much more resilient organisms than humans e.g. tardigrades can survive even in the vacuum of space for 30 days without a space station or space ship or space suit. So, human standards for excellence and fitness are exceeded by other organisms. So, they are fitter than the human species.
Those are not in your genetic line.

To it, in a real way, when you were born to it, you were the fittest to that point in time.

How could it not possibly be so?

If not you, then who the hell was?

You might not be so any longer. IDK.

But to your line, your excellence was and stilol is a true fact, unless you or your kin have had children since your birth.

Regards
DL