INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Free expression on Facebook

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Zeff

Free expression on Facebook

#1 Post by Zeff » May 7th, 2018, 7:26 pm

Willy Toledo is facing prosecution and fines...
https://www.eldiario.es/sociedad/Willy- ... 73794.html
"I shit on God and I have plenty of shit to shit on the dogma of the sanctity and virginity of the Virgin Mary," Toledo wrote on Facebook

Hardly a matter for legal proceedings. I hear worse than that in the street or on a bus. Simply venting is against Spanish law never mind political self-determination.

Apparently, it is proving very difficult to leave the Roman Catholic Church in Spain. Every parish receives two and a half Euros from the Spanish government for every parishioner. First you have to get a letter from "your" priest. Then you have to send it to central government. Eventually you should get a reply and the money is stopped. However, recently I have heard reports that the process isn't working and, in practice, it simply isn't worth the problems invovled in leaving the Parish congregation. The priests don't care if people attend the chapel or not, but they do care that they get the cash and that people are leaving or not supporting the RC Church.