INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

God declared guilty by Saudi cleric

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Dave B

God declared guilty by Saudi cleric

#1 Post by Dave B » September 26th, 2015, 4:05 pm

A top Saudi cleric has declared that the Hadj disaster was god's fault, not that of the humans responsible for "traffic control" or structural design.

God dunnit yet again!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

Re: God declared guilty by Saudi cleric

#2 Post by Alan H » September 26th, 2015, 5:39 pm

Dave B wrote:A top Saudi cleric has declared that the Hadj disaster was god's fault, not that of the humans responsible for "traffic control" or structural design.

God dunnit yet again!
Makes a change to god being responsible for saving the others from not being killed...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

animist

#3 Post by animist » September 26th, 2015, 7:08 pm

come on Dave, he did not say that. Something else, like fate? I hate myself for saying this, and am of course sorry for the families of those who died, but ISTM that Satan has the last laugh each of the many times this misadventure has occurred - after all, the whole point of the Hajj is to throw stones at him. Will the human race ever grow up?

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » September 26th, 2015, 7:38 pm

animist wrote:come on Dave, he did not say that. Something else, like fate? I hate myself for saying this, and am of course sorry for the families of those who died, but ISTM that Satan has the last laugh each of the many times this misadventure has occurred - after all, the whole point of the Hajj is to throw stones at him. Will the human race ever grow up?
True, but I never got the hang of the idea the the omni-everything entity can't be held respondible for human behaviour. A bit of selective thinking going on methinks.

Er, is "omni-everything" tautology?
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Altfish

#5 Post by Altfish » September 27th, 2015, 7:32 pm

Similar to Animist this was a tragic event but I do wonder, "Is Allah on holiday?"
We've had the Mecca crane crash, the Mecca crush disaster and a London mosque burnt down. Sleeping on job if you ask me.