INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Dali Llama.

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
getreal

Dali Llama.

#1 Postby getreal » June 14th, 2015, 8:56 pm

I'm not sure if he spells his title the same as the animal.

Seems to me, the DL attracts adoring crowds in a similar way that mother Theresa did. He appeared in Glasgow a few years ago, and my daughter expressed an interest I. Going to hear him talk. She went to find more details of his visit and got back to me to say the tickets were too expensive. Well, excuse my naïveté but I thought he spoke for free.

I then went on a quest to find out a bit more about him- some balanced information. This has proved difficult to find. Everything written is either cloyingly sycholphantic or China inspired propaganda.

Then I found this, and anothe ugh it's only about one teeny incident, it's refreshing to read. Ive been looking especially for info on whe all his money goes, but I can't find anything.

https://skeptoid.com/blog/2012/05/14/da ... fish-jerk/
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Compassionist

Re: Dali Llama.

#2 Postby Compassionist » June 14th, 2015, 9:11 pm

getreal wrote:I'm not sure if he spells his title the same as the animal.

Seems to me, the DL attracts adoring crowds in a similar way that mother Theresa did. He appeared in Glasgow a few years ago, and my daughter expressed an interest I. Going to hear him talk. She went to find more details of his visit and got back to me to say the tickets were too expensive. Well, excuse my naïveté but I thought he spoke for free.

I then went on a quest to find out a bit more about him- some balanced information. This has proved difficult to find. Everything written is either cloyingly sycholphantic or China inspired propaganda.

Then I found this, and anothe ugh it's only about one teeny incident, it's refreshing to read. Ive been looking especially for info on whe all his money goes, but I can't find anything.

https://skeptoid.com/blog/2012/05/14/da ... fish-jerk/

Fascinating blog. Dalai Lama (not Dali Llama) seems more interested in getting back to his palace then in the welfare of the Tibetans. Are the Chinese really has benevolent as the blog claims? I remember reading about Chinese concentration camps where monks were used as forced labourers.

getreal

#3 Postby getreal » June 14th, 2015, 9:39 pm

That's what I mean, Compo. It's so difficult to get balanced information.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Nick

#4 Postby Nick » June 14th, 2015, 10:03 pm

getreal wrote:I'm not sure if he spells his title the same as the animal.
Only on his woollier days.... :D

I'll take a look at the linky. :)

getreal

#5 Postby getreal » June 15th, 2015, 12:22 pm

Return to “Religion”