INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Boris bans bigoted bus ad

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
ASHEd

Re: Boris bans bigoted bus ad

#21 Post by ASHEd » May 20th, 2012, 3:11 am

Latest post of the previous page:

I don't understand this "ex-gay" thing.

Our perception of our sexual orientation "may" change varying degrees through-out our lives but I don't think it can be as strong as "ex-gay" I mean why do we have just "ex-gay" why not "ex-straight"? Why is it one-sided?

My own perception has changed over the years, but as far as I've known the actual feelings have never changed.
I'm asexual (this has always been, I've never wanted sex, never really felt sexually attracted to people) but I can see people who are aesthetically pleasing. Should I be made ex-asexual? What are they going to do? Use rape?

animist

#22 Post by animist » May 20th, 2012, 2:19 pm

ASHEd wrote:I don't understand this "ex-gay" thing.

Our perception of our sexual orientation "may" change varying degrees through-out our lives but I don't think it can be as strong as "ex-gay" I mean why do we have just "ex-gay" why not "ex-straight"? Why is it one-sided?

My own perception has changed over the years, but as far as I've known the actual feelings have never changed.
I'm asexual (this has always been, I've never wanted sex, never really felt sexually attracted to people) but I can see people who are aesthetically pleasing. Should I be made ex-asexual? What are they going to do? Use rape?
good question - I suppose that sex is for most people such a strong drive that such people assume that this drive is there in all others, and that it must have some direction or other; and since the direction of heterosexuality is the dominant and mainstream one, and always has been, there are groups of heterosexuals who want to force the rest of humanity to conform to their own preference. They cannot do it by law any more, so they resort to so-called therapy

ASHEd

#23 Post by ASHEd » June 18th, 2012, 6:40 am

animist wrote:good question - I suppose that sex is for most people such a strong drive that such people assume that this drive is there in all others, and that it must have some direction or other; and since the direction of heterosexuality is the dominant and mainstream one, and always has been, there are groups of heterosexuals who want to force the rest of humanity to conform to their own preference. They cannot do it by law any more, so they resort to so-called therapy
Indeed, I suppose. Thank you for answering.
I'm wondering if religious groupswould offer ex-asexual treatment if they were savvy about asexuals. Because for Christians it would be a mixed bag. All the "sex is a sin" but surely they encourage people to continue to producing offspring to continue worship of this God (that's not possible for me either anymore). I don't know, I'm not completely savvy with the Bible.