INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Violante' White witch x)0(

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
sherrygewitzke

Violante' White witch x)0(

#1 Post by sherrygewitzke » December 1st, 2011, 12:06 pm

Im an Ecleptic witch who sees the sacred within the physical, the magical in the mundane, and uses this knowledge to incorporate spiritual practice into her everyday life. The way of the Hearth Witch is an uncomplicated, direct form of magic, deceptively simple and unspeakably profound. She draws her strength from the sacred flame that burns in her hearth, from the earth that sustains her, the water that nourishes her, and the inspiration of her breath. She finds her gods in the land around her: the spirits of water, stone and tree, Earth, Moon, Sun, Stars and Sky. She needs no watch, calendar or magical almanac to tell her when to work her magic, but works with the observable ebb and flow of the changing seasons, the rising and setting of the sun, and the waxing and waning of the moon. A Hearth Witch is drawn to the traditional ways, the rhythms of nature and the call of the wildwoods. The Hearth Witch of today inherits the mantle of the village wise woman or cunning man. She is part shaman, part seer, part herbalist, part spiritual healer, and all witch. Hers are the Old Ways of the countryside, once passed down from mother to daughter, father to son, crone to apprentice. It is as old as time and as new as the newest witch. :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Maria Mac
Site Admin

Re: Violante' White witch x)0(

#2 Post by Maria Mac » December 1st, 2011, 2:35 pm

Welcome, Sherry. :wave:

I'm afraid I've had to remove the formatting you added to your post because it made it too difficult to read. For the same reason, I've deleted your pic. It was far too large to be viewed properly and stretched the forum.

In Reception there is a thread where you can practise posting but, as a courtesy to your readers, please don't make your text huge and colourful because these reduce legibility. I would normally move introduction posts to Reception but I wondered whether you posted in Religion because you are hoping to start a discussion about witches?

stevenw888

#3 Post by stevenw888 » December 1st, 2011, 4:45 pm

Hi Sherry - welcome to the forum. I have to say I feel the words "woo" and "quackery" coming to my lips. I don't personally believe in any this woolly stuff, but if it's good for other people - well whatever floats your boat, as my Pa used to say.
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots." - From the film "Top Gun"

thundril

#4 Post by thundril » December 1st, 2011, 5:58 pm

Welcome, Sherry! :wave:
Admire your sincerity, and your attachment to things other than consumer crap or Consumer-God. Afraid we're mostly atheist or agnostic on this site. But at least you sound like something a lot healthier than the droning god-pushers who wander in here from time to time. Welcome again. :Love and Peace.

Alan H

#5 Post by Alan H » December 1st, 2011, 6:12 pm

:welcome: Sherry. Looking forward to hearing more about your views.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

solidair

#6 Post by solidair » December 1st, 2011, 11:43 pm

sherrygewitzke wrote:Im an Ecleptic witch who sees the sacred within the physical, the magical in the mundane, and uses this knowledge to incorporate spiritual practice into her everyday life. The way of the Hearth Witch is an uncomplicated, direct form of magic, deceptively simple and unspeakably profound. She draws her strength from the sacred flame that burns in her hearth, from the earth that sustains her, the water that nourishes her, and the inspiration of her breath. She finds her gods in the land around her: the spirits of water, stone and tree, Earth, Moon, Sun, Stars and Sky. She needs no watch, calendar or magical almanac to tell her when to work her magic, but works with the observable ebb and flow of the changing seasons, the rising and setting of the sun, and the waxing and waning of the moon. A Hearth Witch is drawn to the traditional ways, the rhythms of nature and the call of the wildwoods. The Hearth Witch of today inherits the mantle of the village wise woman or cunning man. She is part shaman, part seer, part herbalist, part spiritual healer, and all witch. Hers are the Old Ways of the countryside, once passed down from mother to daughter, father to son, crone to apprentice. It is as old as time and as new as the newest witch.
:hilarity: :pointlaugh: :laughter:

Oh stop it, you're killing me!
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
Christopher Hitchens

Nick

#7 Post by Nick » December 2nd, 2011, 11:12 am

Welcome Sherry :D

I'm just wondering if you could use a small part of your magic to convince Angela Merkel to allow the ECB to act as lender in last resort, as all known types of reason have been tried and found wanting. That would be wonderful magic!

solidair

#8 Post by solidair » December 2nd, 2011, 11:30 am

Hi Sherry.

I found this comment by you on a wicanist/paganite website:-

"Lets help those drifting between worlds to find their PEACE& in so doing find a little our selves".

Could you please explain what it is to be 'drifting between worlds'? And paerhaps you would tell us how you 'help' these people?
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
Christopher Hitchens

Emma Woolgatherer

#9 Post by Emma Woolgatherer » December 2nd, 2011, 3:43 pm

sherrygewitzke wrote:Im an Ecleptic witch ...
That should be Eclectic.

Emma

solidair

#10 Post by solidair » December 2nd, 2011, 4:57 pm

From the Urban Dictionary:-

"The same as eclectic, but an acceptable pronounciation for people who have trouble saying eclectic."

I have no problem with those with speech difficulties, or those with spelling difficulties, for that matter. I don't go much on those who profess magical abilities though.
Christopher Hitchens

animist

#11 Post by animist » December 2nd, 2011, 4:59 pm

Emma Woolgatherer wrote:
sherrygewitzke wrote:Im an Ecleptic witch ...
That should be Eclectic.

Emma
I dare say you're right, but how to be sure? And what about Violante?

solidair

#12 Post by solidair » December 2nd, 2011, 5:28 pm

Violante is a fairly common first and/or surname in Italian.

Sherry flogs 'spells' for twenty quid a pop on Ebay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spells-just-a ... 5d31696f8b

Coincidentally, her Ebay page has exactly the same text as her post above...and her Facebook page.
Christopher Hitchens

animist

#13 Post by animist » December 2nd, 2011, 5:58 pm

solidair wrote:Violante is a fairly common first and/or surname in Italian.

Sherry flogs 'spells' for twenty quid a pop on Ebay:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spells-just-a ... 5d31696f8b

Coincidentally, her Ebay page has exactly the same text as her post above...and her Facebook page.
thanks Solidair. So she is marketing on a humanist site - must be desperate

solidair

#14 Post by solidair » December 2nd, 2011, 6:13 pm

Desperate and witch are words often found together...for one reason or another.

Personally I find this stuff every bit as dangerous as the mainstream religions. Were they as organised as the churches we would hear a lot more from these types.

We had a self described witch haul up around here once. She opened a shop which sold crystals, tarot cards all that new age tat and declared it a temple. Then she produced a list of the 'services' she offered; everything from naming ceremonies, fairy divination and spell casting to excorcisms and funeral officiating. Nothing she did cost less than two hundred quid. A course in her particular 'path' (read pick'n'mix of anything from simplified Hindu stuff to full on Satan worship) cost thousands.
A woman I know who was at a particularly hard time in her life turned to her for help and was recomended to a male colleague for 'chakra realignment'. He sexually assaulted her and charged her for the privilige. She told the witch who explained that that was what happened when chakras are realigned. The Police were involved, the witch upped sticks and moved on to another town to fleece the deluded there.

Twenty quid for a spell seems cheap to me...
Christopher Hitchens

Ken H

#15 Post by Ken H » December 2nd, 2011, 8:37 pm

Spiritspam.
This is one of the great social functions of science - to free people of superstition. - Steven Weinberg