INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Terry Jones (not the python one)

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Alan C.

Terry Jones (not the python one)

#1 Post by Alan C. » October 3rd, 2010, 9:05 pm

I thought there was a thread re pastor Terry Jones on burning the Koran, if there is I can't find it.
For anyone with 25 minutes to kill this is a BBC radio interview with the pillock, the interviewer gets quite pissed off with his ignorance :smile: Jones' lack of knowledge about Islam and his cherry picking from the bible must be heard to be believed.
Christian Pastor Terry Jones captured world headlines by threatening to burn copies of the Koran recently. Owen Bennett Jones asks him what he thought he was doing.
Edit.
I don't remember his exact words but he says somewhere in the interview that the Bible disses the Koran :puzzled:
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

Ninny

Re: Terry Jones (not the python one)

#2 Post by Ninny » October 4th, 2010, 8:35 am

Heard this interview on the World Service in the middle of the night. The interviewer, Owen Bennett Jones, was brilliant - calm, reasonable, polite but clearly gobsmacked. Definitely worth looking for if you haven't heard it.

Dave B

#3 Post by Dave B » October 4th, 2010, 9:11 am

What Ninny said, but at a more civilised time!

If this is the standard of American vicars and pastors I am not surprised that there is so much ignorance of the world in that nation. Those who follow such people must be even more stupid!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

jaywhat

#4 Post by jaywhat » October 4th, 2010, 10:45 am

Jones is ignorant, boring and totally mad - I mean Jones the pastor/interviewee. Not surprised!

tea_ismynewjesus

#5 Post by tea_ismynewjesus » October 5th, 2010, 9:30 pm

I tried to listen to this, but I have a very low tolerance level for bullshit.

Thunderf00t's idea for a "Use the Qu'ran as a Door Stop" day amused me.

Gaslov

#6 Post by Gaslov » November 8th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Terry Jones' tirade against Islam reminds me of children "dissin'" each others' "momma's". Except, instead of the idiots fighting it out in the bathroom, they want to kill each other.