INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Picture summary of what the Bible says . . .

For topics that are more about faith, religion and religious organisations than anything else.
Lorikeet

Picture summary of what the Bible says . . .

#1 Post by Lorikeet » July 12th, 2010, 4:46 pm

I can't resist . . . This is rather good . . .

http://i.imgur.com/4bDU8.gif (It won't let me post it as a picture - it's >700 pixels high. Worth zooming in on so you can read it properly!)

I love the remark about chocolate at the end :pointlaugh:
All humans are brothers. We came from the same supernova.

Nick

Re: Picture summary of what the Bible says . . .

#2 Post by Nick » July 12th, 2010, 6:11 pm

Lorikeet wrote:This is rather good . . .
Nay! 'Tis excellent!

All you need to know, in a handy flyer. :D

Dave B

#3 Post by Dave B » July 12th, 2010, 7:13 pm

That was worth straining my poor old eyes to read, Lorikeet. Thanks!

I recognised most of them, but good to see all that wisdom and love brought into one place . . .
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Han83

#4 Post by Han83 » July 12th, 2010, 9:19 pm

I absolutely love it when Christians tell me that Homosexuality is condemned in the bible. I usually reply by reminding them that is also condemns those who plant two types of grain in the same field. I wonder what the good lord would have to say about Hovis' new multigrain and seeded loaf!

Dave B

#5 Post by Dave B » July 12th, 2010, 9:24 pm

Han83 wrote:I absolutely love it when Christians tell me that Homosexuality is condemned in the bible. I usually reply by reminding them that is also condemns those who plant two types of grain in the same field. I wonder what the good lord would have to say about Hovis' new multigrain and seeded loaf!
The mere fact that it is a leavened bread, has yeast in it, would be enough to condemn it to the fiery pit!

Think of all those Christian types noshing on illegal staples! And eating pig meat for that matter. So much for taking the Bible as the book to follow - cherry pickers every one (except for the totally literal nutters that is.)
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

grammar king

#6 Post by grammar king » July 12th, 2010, 9:29 pm

Well to be fair to Christians, there's a section in Acts where Peter has a vision, and God tells him that it's not what goes in that's important, it's what comes out. This is typically interpreted as allowing Christians to eat whatever they want. I'm not sure if you can call that cherrypicking.

Gottard

#7 Post by Gottard » July 12th, 2010, 9:33 pm

Puzzled: tempted to show this to my Catholic friends but then? Well, I might cause them to read the Bible......for the first time, possibly :puzzled:
Thanks Loryketty, I don't see you often in this forum but when you do...you hit!
The only thing I fear of death is regret if I couldn’t complete my learning experience

grammar king

#8 Post by grammar king » July 12th, 2010, 9:43 pm

peneasy wrote:Puzzled: tempted to show this to my Catholic friends but then? Well, I might cause them to read the Bible......for the first time, possibly :puzzled:
Easiest way to turn someone into an atheist.

Nick

#9 Post by Nick » July 12th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Does the bible say anything about picking cherries...?

It certainly condemns mixed fabrics, so kiss goodbye to Eazy-Iron

And all those feeling pleased with themselves for not being homosexual, they should watch out for the passage in Matthew which recommends having your eyes put out for looking at women 'with lust in our heart', a sin which even the saintly Jimmy Carter confessed to...

But maybe that was just the peanuts...