INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

A Caravan of Culpability

For news of events, petitions and campaigns that may be of interest to humanists and secularists.
wgusapukc

A Caravan of Culpability

#1 Post by wgusapukc » October 25th, 2018, 11:48 am

A Caravan of Culpability by Robert Peters

I would like to say about, not just the caravan heading north towards the US border, but about all the hated brown people "south of the border".
Firstly, these are Human fucking Beings in need. Honduras has one of or the highest murder rate in the World, but definitely in Central America. Wouldn't you do everything you could so you and your family survive?
Secondly, and I feel equally as important, is the view of culpability. We need to see what we want to be blind to. How 1+1 equals 2.
1, a country doing all it can to grow and become strong. Always "marching forward".
The other 1, countries just like Honduras all over the World, that has, sorry, had, something the first wants. With power's corruptive abilities coupled with the chimpanzee lack of vision and concern, #1 1 totally disrupted Honduras for cheaper bananas and any and all natural resources.
WE put processions of governments into power with the only caveat being "do what we want you to do", and nothing else matters. Corruption, violence, all levels of Human Rights offenses happen and have happened under "our" watch.
This and so much more leads to the equals 2.
These and other people are only wanting to be "ok". We've fucked their countries, consumed all we could, treated them like shit and cut and ran.
No concerns with consequences and now we sit with culpability.
Had we ensured the governments helped their citizens instead of feeding off of them, then life would be better within Honduras' borders.
Yes, we can step further back and say "we should have never been there in the first place", but it has happened.
We put them and many others in this position out of seeing them, and so many others, within the "us and them" stupidity we stomp around with.
Let's not forget the lie that the US is a "christian society".
I am not a follower, but from what I read in the "good book", new testament, touts compassion, "doing to others what you'd want done to you and yours".
There is the thought that "Jesus" was a nice guy and that you should strive to be like he was said to have been.
You, we all, need to see the Human Beings around us as that, Human Beings. Not us, not them, but we.
Don't spit towards people, empathize with their plight. Know they've got wants, needs, hopes, dreams, family and lives just like you and just like you they only want to be "ok".

Good luck out there

Justme

Re: A Caravan of Culpability

#2 Post by Justme » October 29th, 2018, 4:14 am

I once thought about this and put my suggestions forward on several web sites, including several secular sites and have had my good intentions drowned by the cold reality that there are not enough selfless people in my own country to fix the ills that we have, let alone change the situations in what is called "Less fortunate countries"

There is more than enough self aggrandizing armchair warriors in the world welding their keyboards like Excalibur with the intent of preaching to others as to what they think needs to be done. They are a dime a dozen and get their fair share of accolades by the numerous likes on their Facebook account for their quote/unquote concern for others, Unfortunately, that concern often is never quite intense enough to get these, cough, cough, CONCERNED INDIVIDUALS to get off their duff and put some personal effort behind the very thing they call attention to.

I'm not saying this about you, but I am saying this about the majority of people in this world and that is why you will always see these groups of people migrating from one part of the world to the next. The real issue is not where they are coming from, but where they are going to and the level of anticipation they have about what they will find there. If their hopes are too high they might just be in for a extreme disappointment . I understand fully that they are running for their lives, but ending up reliving the story line of the characters in the movie DELIVERANCE would be an intense letdown.
Hate, the offspring of fear cannot exist where understanding reigns supreme

wgusapukc

#3 Post by wgusapukc » October 29th, 2018, 8:14 am

Hey Justme,
Thanks for your time.
I appreciate the World is full of people who wish to speak without knowing of what the spout.
I feel I have a pretty educated and compassionate eye on this subject and don't propose it is complete.
I'm not saying I'm better, nor that I have THE answer, I'm just trying to interject more information to this story in an attempt to at least see these and others in need not as "rapists and bad hombres" even "ISIL" but as people in freakin' need.
If bringing up Banana Republics and generations of manipulation of governments hits with a pinch of culpability this would have well been worth it.
Thanks again for your time Justme,

Good luck out there

Justme

#4 Post by Justme » October 29th, 2018, 2:54 pm

wgusapukc wrote:Hey Justme,
Thanks for your time.
I appreciate the World is full of people who wish to speak without knowing of what the spout.
I feel I have a pretty educated and compassionate eye on this subject and don't propose it is complete.
I'm not saying I'm better, nor that I have THE answer, I'm just trying to interject more information to this story in an attempt to at least see these and others in need not as "rapists and bad hombres" even "ISIL" but as people in freakin' need.
If bringing up Banana Republics and generations of manipulation of governments hits with a pinch of culpability this would have well been worth it.
Thanks again for your time Justme,

Good luck out there
I understand fully what you are getting at. I agree with you on your take as to the Western world raping the second and third world countries.The West has colonized the Hell out of the world and much of what is going on today, as far as terrorism is, to me a direct result of the indignation those people who were colonized felt at having their society turned up side down be foreigners empressing their own standards upon them.

I'm not calling out any one country. We've all had our fingers in the till, at one time or the other. All it shows you is that we as humans have a long way to go with learning how to be humane.
Hate, the offspring of fear cannot exist where understanding reigns supreme