INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Unless Humanist uk values meets human needs, nobody give a shit

For news of events, petitions and campaigns that may be of interest to humanists and secularists.
animist

Re: Unless Humanist uk values meets human needs, nobody give a shit

#21 Post by animist » June 19th, 2018, 8:27 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:
Alan H wrote:I know, but that's religions for you...

I am talking about Humanist UK
You missed my sarcasm.
excluding non-religious people while at the same time admitting people of other faiths is obviously very wrong and unfair, BUT it may indicate that religions dislike each other less than they used to, and I suppose this is a good thing?

coffee

#22 Post by coffee » June 19th, 2018, 10:26 am

animist wrote:
Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:

I am talking about Humanist UK
You missed my sarcasm.
excluding non-religious people while at the same time admitting people of other faiths is obviously very wrong and unfair, BUT it may indicate that religions dislike each other less than they used to, and I suppose this is a good thing?
I don't really care one way or the other, Humananist Uk is a failure as it is, stop putting your money into them.

coffee

#23 Post by coffee » June 19th, 2018, 10:42 am

I am an atheist but a supporter of the Church of England, I have changed my allegiance.

Alan H

#24 Post by Alan H » June 19th, 2018, 10:44 am

coffee wrote:
animist wrote:
Alan H wrote:You missed my sarcasm.
I don't really care one way or the other, Humananist Uk is a failure as it is, stop putting your money into them.
You keep giving us your opinion on them yet never back it up when questioned. Now you're telling us what to do.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

animist

#25 Post by animist » June 20th, 2018, 8:45 am

Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:
animist wrote: excluding non-religious people while at the same time admitting people of other faiths is obviously very wrong and unfair, BUT it may indicate that religions dislike each other less than they used to, and I suppose this is a good thing?
You keep giving us your opinion on them yet never back it up when questioned. Now you're telling us what to do.
:laughter: coffee, in what sense are you are a supporter of the C of E?

Alan H

#27 Post by Alan H » June 23rd, 2018, 8:24 pm

That comes as no surprise.
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

animist

#28 Post by animist » June 24th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Alan H wrote:That comes as no surprise.
so, coffee, what are the antagonisms between humanism and liberalism? What do these words mean if anything?

coffee

#29 Post by coffee » July 1st, 2018, 1:25 pm

Andrew Copson

@andrewcopson

THE COURT HAS SAID HUMANIST MARRIAGES MUST BE LEGALLY RECOGNISED. Is it just impossible these days for journalists to report any legal judgement correctly as to the details? This is both inaccurate and misleading. @guardian

https://twitter.com/andrewcopson/status ... 9760927744

https://twitter.com/andrewcopson/status ... 9439093760

It a good one, albeit too slow to come :D :D

animist

#30 Post by animist » July 1st, 2018, 4:52 pm

coffee, do you ever answer questions? I know, I expect no answer to that :laughter:. But this is intended as a discussion forum, so maybe, could you think up some answers? Thanks

coffee

#31 Post by coffee » July 1st, 2018, 8:22 pm

animist wrote:coffee, do you ever answer questions? I know, I expect no answer to that :laughter:. But this is intended as a discussion forum, so maybe, could you think up some answers? Thanks
If you really must know, I am not good at answering questions :D :D

coffee

#32 Post by coffee » July 1st, 2018, 8:31 pm

coffee wrote:
animist wrote:coffee, do you ever answer questions? I know, I expect no answer to that :laughter:. But this is intended as a discussion forum, so maybe, could you think up some answers? Thanks
If you really must know, I am not good at answering questions :D :D
I got a brain of a gold fish if you really must know :laughter: :hilarity:

Compassionist

#33 Post by Compassionist » July 2nd, 2018, 7:04 pm

I don't think humans need to have a shared doctrine in order to have solidarity. I believe that we can all share my motto: "Live and help live, live and love. Help all, harm none."

coffee

#34 Post by coffee » July 4th, 2018, 7:20 pm

Humanism sounds great but it does not work in practice, and that is why there is no humanist country anywhere in the the world.

Alan H

#35 Post by Alan H » July 4th, 2018, 7:36 pm

coffee wrote:Humanism sounds great but it does not work in practice, and that is why there is no humanist country anywhere in the the world.
1. What does humanism working in practice look like?

2. What does a humanist country look like?

If you are unable to answer both these questions, please say why you just said what you did.
Alan Henness

coffee

#36 Post by coffee » July 6th, 2018, 5:27 pm

Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:Humanism sounds great but it does not work in practice, and that is why there is no humanist country anywhere in the the world.

If you are unable to answer both these questions, please say why you just said what you did.
The questions are meaningless to me as I had stopped believing in it or call myself a humanist

Alan H

#37 Post by Alan H » July 6th, 2018, 6:17 pm

coffee wrote:
Alan H wrote:

The questions are meaningless to me as I had stopped believing in it or call myself a humanist
Indeed. But you expressed a view and I was wondering if you were able to back up that view, regardless of what you choose to call yourself.
Alan Henness

coffee

#38 Post by coffee » July 6th, 2018, 6:27 pm

>>But you expressed a view and I was wondering if you were able to back up that view<<

No :D

Alan H

#39 Post by Alan H » July 6th, 2018, 6:45 pm

coffee wrote:>>But you expressed a view and I was wondering if you were able to back up that view<<

No :D
Thought not.
Alan Henness