INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Humanist/Atheist News

For news of events, petitions and campaigns that may be of interest to humanists and secularists.
coffee

Humanist/Atheist News

#1 Post by coffee » April 21st, 2017, 7:36 pm

‘Community beyond belief’ follows church model without religion
BY KATHERINE BURGESS
[email protected]

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/article145894684.html

---------------------------

Department of Defense recognizes 'Humanism' as a belief after a rise in religiously unaffiliated members

Humanists, who advocate rational thinking, make up 3.6 per cent of the military

This move may lead the military to institute counselors to advise Humanists in much the same way a chaplain does for Christians
Humanism is one of the 100 beliefs added to the department's renamed 'Faith and Belief Codes'
The Army recognized Humanism in 2014, and the Department of Defense's decision protects those in all other military departments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... elief.html

-----------------------------------

Defense Department expands its list of recognized religions

By Kimberly Winston

http://religionnews.com/2017/04/21/defe ... religions/

VINDICATOR

Re: Humanist/Atheist News

#2 Post by VINDICATOR » May 11th, 2017, 3:45 pm

I just read in the May 11 CNN news That FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) in the USA has reached half a million! (Globaly about 200 million) Since it is illegal, therefore it goes underground, which is very dangerouse because it is done by witch doctors without anesthetics or antibiotics. I imagine that it's much more prevalent in the UK because you have a much more immigrants from Africa and the Middle East than we do. A woman who has been subject to FGM gets only pain and no pleasure from sexual intercorse because all the erogenous cells have been cut away leaving only scar tissue. That's why a whip is hung on the wall beside a Muslim couples bed. The wife doesn't want sex so the husband has to threaten her with the whip! You can get it at http://edition.cnn.com/

VINDICATOR

#3 Post by VINDICATOR » May 14th, 2017, 2:04 pm

See Foxnews for May 14.
Pope Francis says That those people criticizing the Vatican for being too slow in processing the sex hooligans in the Church don't realize that there is a backlog of 2000 cases. Those in the know say that, because of the celibacy stipulation etc, it is actually much more, and probably around 5000 when you include those that do cover-up. The Church is dragging their feet so that the cases can grow into the statute of limitations! I have to keep reminding myself that the Church has improved greatly since the days when they burned millions of people at the stake! Pedophilia is not Church canon, However it shows how the Church is rotten from core to bark!

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » May 14th, 2017, 2:21 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:See Foxnews for May 14.
Pope Francis says That those people criticizing the Vatican for being too slow in processing the sex hooligans in the Church don't realize that there is a backlog of 2000 cases. Those in the know say that, because of the celibacy stipulation etc, it is actually much more, and probably around 5000 when you include those that do cover-up. The Church is dragging their feet so that the cases can grow into the statute of limitations! I have to keep reminding myself that the Church has improved greatly since the days when they burned millions of people at the stake! Pedophilia is not Church canon, However it shows how the Church is rotten from core to bark!
Statute of limitations won't work in the UK, we are still trying "historic" cases from 40 years ago!

It is about time these so-called "men of god" served serious prison sentences. Ditto any other m.o.g who colludes in covering their crimes.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015