INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Dignity in Dying

For news of events, petitions and campaigns that may be of interest to humanists and secularists.
lewist

Dignity in Dying

#1 Post by lewist » November 12th, 2016, 8:54 am

I just registered to receive newsletters from Dignity in Dying, and then went to register with my local group. There seem to be no groups in Scotland at all. Is this an England only organisation? That's fair enough, but if so, what is the Scottish equivalent? :)

Help and advice, please!
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

jaywhat

Re: Dignity in Dying

#2 Post by jaywhat » November 12th, 2016, 1:45 pm

lewist

#3 Post by lewist » November 12th, 2016, 2:21 pm

That's where I had just been, John. There seem to be no groups in this country at all. One in Belfast, one in Cardiff and lots in England. They do have 'campaigning in Scotland' but it seems to be just a list of news items. I'm a bit puzzled. :puzzled:

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » November 12th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Although different in some campaigning stances and a lot smaller, there is the orgnisation Friends at the End. It's based in Scotland but also has meetings in London. They also have Befriend at the End, which provides advice on end-of-life issues. (Note that I am a member of FATE and run both websites.)
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

lewist

#5 Post by lewist » November 12th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Alan H wrote:Although different in some campaigning stances and a lot smaller, there is the orgnisation Friends at the End. It's based in Scotland but also has meetings in London. They also have Befriend at the End, which provides advice on end-of-life issues. (Note that I am a member of FATE and run both websites.)
Thanks, Alan. I noticed you were the website man for Friends at the End. I'm not really sure what i'm looking for but I was quite puzzled to find no Scottish links at all for Dignity in Dying.

Alan H

#6 Post by Alan H » November 12th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Not sure why that is. Perhaps you could start a Scottish DiD group?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

jaywhat

#7 Post by jaywhat » November 13th, 2016, 7:04 am

Here is a it more info-

Dignity in Dying, 181 Oxford Street, London, W1D 2JT

[email protected]

020 7479 7730