INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Cambridge Humanist Group, anyone?

For news of events, petitions and campaigns that may be of interest to humanists and secularists.
tea_ismynewjesus

Cambridge Humanist Group, anyone?

#1 Post by tea_ismynewjesus » April 21st, 2010, 8:16 pm

This is a long-shot but is anybody on here involved with this group?
That's the website linky: http://www.cambridgehumanists.org.uk/

I'd love to go, but it's new, probably has far too many intelligent people, very different from anything I've ever done, and scary. It helps to know of someone else who will be there :retreat:

Thanks!

Nick

Re: Cambridge Humanist Group, anyone?

#2 Post by Nick » April 21st, 2010, 11:41 pm

Sadly, I can't help you, not living in Cambridge, but hey! You won't need to know when to stand up or kneel, there are no responses, and you can't be excommunicated. :D Courage! Go for it!

grammar king

#3 Post by grammar king » April 22nd, 2010, 12:28 am

Why don't you go early and have a word with whoever's setting up chairs? I don't think you have much to worry about, if all else fails you can just sit there and say nothing.

tubataxidriver

#4 Post by tubataxidriver » April 22nd, 2010, 5:52 pm

For information, recently there was a meeting of BHA-linked humanist groups centred around Bedford, which I attended along with colleagues from Milton Keynes. Other groups represented included Peterborough, Bedford, Berkshire, Watford and Cambridge (Oxford and Chiltern were due to come too but didn't make it). Andrew Copson came up from BHA HQ.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that all the groups and their delegates were very similar - no-one was overly-intellectual.

I met a couple of the Cambridge people over lunch. I understand that the Cambridge group has gone through a few changes recently as personnel have changed, so maybe now is a good time to get involved.

tea_ismynewjesus

#5 Post by tea_ismynewjesus » April 26th, 2010, 8:22 pm

That's interesting, thanks!

Yeah, I'll probably just have a word with whoever's setting up beforehand.