INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

NEW GOOGLE EMAIL GROUP

This forum is set aside for the BHA Humanist Vegetarian Group. All of Think Humanism's registered users are welcome to participate. If you wish to receive news and announcements from this group, please register with the HVG user group. See instructions near the top of the HVG forum.

Moderator: clayto

clayto

NEW GOOGLE EMAIL GROUP

#1 Post by clayto » October 28th, 2007, 11:42 am

HVG has now set up a new Google email group to help its supporters keep in touch. Its purpose is somewhat different to this Forum, which is open to all, as can been seen from the Invitation Announcement which I have copied below.

Chris

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/vegeta ... nist-group

"You [if you are a HVG supporter] are invited to join the new Humanist Vegetarian Group Members email network. Now that the Humanist Vegetarian website is well established and various discussion threads on the forum are reciving postings (often from humanists who are not HVG members), we are starting a new initiative aimed at enabling HVG members to commuicate easily with one another, make announcements (eg. of events, meetups) and join in discussions via email. We hope you will sign up to this new Google eGroup, making sure you click the appropriate emails option.

Whereas it was decided to make the ThinkHumanism forum open to all, this email network is for HVG supporters only although 'supporter' is interpreted widely to include all our contacts who have expressed an interest in HVG, so it can include one or two individuals who are not actually vegetarians (yet?) or humanists (yet?) but have an interest in seeing our Group flourish."

Christopher Clayon

Stephen Fenwick-Paul

Tom Rees

Re: NEW GOOGLE EMAIL GROUP

#2 Post by Tom Rees » October 30th, 2007, 12:35 pm

clayto wrote:HVG has now set up a new Google email group to help its supporters keep in touch. Its purpose is somewhat different to this Forum, which is open to all, as can been seen from the Invitation Announcement which I have copied below.
Good call - hope it works well. I'd like to do something similar with the science group. Let us (I mean the science group) know how it works out!

clayto

Google eGroup

#3 Post by clayto » October 31st, 2007, 9:18 am

OK

Chris
clayto

gregory
Died May 2009 R.I.P

#4 Post by gregory » November 3rd, 2007, 10:39 am

Something similar with the Green Group would be nice too.
There'll be blue birds over
The white cliffs of Dover

StevieP

Closure of the HVG google group

#5 Post by StevieP » November 24th, 2008, 11:59 am

The Google group is now in a suspended state with the hope of removing it shortly.

This forum has proven to be fair more popular and hence it seems wasteful to have two mechanisms effectively doing the same thing.

An upgrade to http://www.humanist.veggroup.org in the nearish future will give members further ways of interacting with the group.

atb

Stephen