INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Facon and Cream Cheese Pinwheels

This forum is set aside for the BHA Humanist Vegetarian Group. All of Think Humanism's registered users are welcome to participate. If you wish to receive news and announcements from this group, please register with the HVG user group. See instructions near the top of the HVG forum.

Moderator: clayto

gentle_dissident

Facon and Cream Cheese Pinwheels

#1 Post by gentle_dissident » May 26th, 2016, 4:23 am

It puts the fat in the facon.

Dave B

Re: Facon and Cream Cheese Pinwheels

#2 Post by Dave B » May 26th, 2016, 5:54 am

What's facon?

Had to look it up, don't sell that in Tesco or Sainsburys to my knowledge. Turkey "bacon" yes, beef - not round here. If they sold it I would definitely have tried it! Nearest is strips of beef biltong, nice. Oh, and a sort of beef pastrami that does not grill or fry well, better "as it comes".
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Dave B

#3 Post by Dave B » May 26th, 2016, 6:09 am

Some hint about "facon" veggie rashers at Tesco but can't find it on their sites.

So, seems to be any "fake bacon", including other meats?

Later: ah, just remembered, Tesco carried Linda Mccartney veggie fake streaky bacon once - recommended to me by a veggie nurse. But, like most of Mccartney's products, it had at least as much fat in it, albeit veg fat, as the real thing. Having just suffered a heart attack I was trying to lose weight, stayed with lean, trimmed back bacon. As an occasional treat.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » May 26th, 2016, 7:31 am

Oops, just noticed this is in the veggie group. Sorry to bang on about meatie stuff :redface:
Me, 2015

gentle_dissident

#5 Post by gentle_dissident » May 26th, 2016, 7:49 am

Dave B wrote:Oops, just noticed this is in the veggie group. Sorry to bang on about meatie stuff :redface:
Happens to me all the time. People like to tell me about the animals they've eaten.

Dave B

#6 Post by Dave B » May 26th, 2016, 9:03 am

Ah, further research shows that facon, or more properly, façon, is French for "manner". So something "facon Fred" is "in the manner of Fred", "done Fred's way", bit like "a la".
Me, 2015