INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Pescatarian Diet

This forum is set aside for the BHA Humanist Vegetarian Group. All of Think Humanism's registered users are welcome to participate. If you wish to receive news and announcements from this group, please register with the HVG user group. See instructions near the top of the HVG forum.

Moderator: clayto

Cain Cocteau

Pescatarian Diet

#1 Post by Cain Cocteau » July 1st, 2011, 12:09 pm

Hi I am new to posting so bear with me.

My lover and I recently adopted a pescatarian diet mostly because the treatment of meat product was so taited with harmful chemicals.We have inadvertently became more aware of the animal issues. We do eat fish and some sefood, but primarily vegetarian.I wonder what you might think about pescatarian diets?
A mirror should take time to reflect before throwing back images

lewist

Re: Pescatarian Diet

#2 Post by lewist » July 1st, 2011, 12:23 pm

I was veggie for about fifteen years, eating no meat of any sort, fish and seafood included. Over the past two years I have gone back to eating fish, tempted initially by the local fish and chip shop which does a superb chippy. Veggieburgers just aren't in the same league as haddock in batter. It has made eating out easier. I'm not tempted to eat meat from land animals again but eating fish does worry me a little from the moral viewpoint. Good quality meat is easily bought here and you can even find out which farm it came from if you want to. However, I'm just not tempted.

Whatever floats your boat, I think.

Your posting's fine, Cain.
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

jaywhat

#3 Post by jaywhat » September 5th, 2011, 4:25 pm

That's me as well

jaywhat

#4 Post by jaywhat » May 30th, 2012, 6:26 am

What I said last September is not true - I never gave up fish.

Ninny

#5 Post by Ninny » May 30th, 2012, 8:39 am

He shares tins of tuna in spring water with the cat.

Alan H

#6 Post by Alan H » May 30th, 2012, 9:51 am

Wot? From the same bowl? :D
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

jaywhat

#7 Post by jaywhat » May 30th, 2012, 10:37 am

Bowl? What bowl?

chryles

#8 Post by chryles » April 8th, 2014, 11:52 pm

If it's an ethical choice, then to choose pescetarianism, to me, feels like a slippery slope scenario. It's one of those 'where do you draw the line' things. Apart from animal suffering being taken into the equation you have to weigh up the benefits vs costs of farmed fish and the environmental costs of mass catching of wild fish. If I had the ethical idea that I was going to stop eating meat I would include fish in that too.
I hear babies cry,
I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more,
Than I'll ever know.
And I think to myself,
What a wonderful world.

Bob Thiele & George David Weiss