INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Interview the person below you.

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
Dave B

Re: Interview the person below you.

#2001 Post by Dave B » June 29th, 2014, 8:23 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

TDC wrote:going to Cork next week to meet a friend that is studying there,.. i will be 9days in ireland, then i think i will enjoy the rest of summer by working all the time D:

how many days can you have for summer holydays?
As many as the summer lasts!
Spoiler:
I'm retired!
And again . . .
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Fia

#2002 Post by Fia » June 29th, 2014, 9:16 pm

TDC wrote:how many days can you have for summer holidays?
Well, TDC, this isn't an easy question: in my main work I'm contracted for 18hrs a week - which means I work at least that. Having worked for the council many years I am entitled to an extra week so have nearly 160hrs annual leave. We work a rolling 3 week shift system and only 2 folk in my team of 9 can be on AL at the same time as we work with vulnerable folk. Despite adding days to my off days I usually end up with most of November off :shrug:

TBH I'm looking forward to retiring (should have been 3 yrs time, currently 10... Guess that's payback for my mature student grant) so I can concentrate on other work.

If personal income wasn't an issue, what would you like to do?

jaywhat

#2003 Post by jaywhat » September 16th, 2014, 4:20 pm

I like doing what I do now which is being retired and doing what I like when I like - which is often not a lot!

Do you think you could be happy doing nothing?

Dave B

#2004 Post by Dave B » September 16th, 2014, 4:31 pm

Doing nothing at all, just sitting, silent and in silence, eyes open? Not for me, I at least have to listen to something, even if it only the tweety birds outside in the gardens!

Same again.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Nick

#2005 Post by Nick » September 23rd, 2014, 4:51 pm

Only as a brief contrast to being busy, but otherwise no, what an awful idea!

Do you do anything (like exercise, say) because you feel you ought to, not because you want to?

Fia

#2006 Post by Fia » September 23rd, 2014, 6:12 pm

Yes I do it daily: get out of bed :redface:

Same question...

animist

#2007 Post by animist » September 23rd, 2014, 7:07 pm

I will widen it to the trichotomy: want to, feel I ought to, and have to. So focusing on exercise: I fling my arms around when I remember to because I feel I ought to, and I walk a mile or two daily because I both want to and have to - I love walking and anyway get a dull feeling in my upper legs as a "reminder" to walk

Do you dream much about your parents?

Dave B

#2008 Post by Dave B » September 23rd, 2014, 8:05 pm

Nope!

Again
Me, 2015

jaywhat

#2009 Post by jaywhat » September 24th, 2014, 8:26 am

more day dream than real dream - although who knows? I find myself wishing I had asked them questions and now it is too late.

and again!