INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Interview the person below you.

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
Maria Mac
Site Admin

Re: Interview the person below you.

#1221 Post by Maria Mac » December 30th, 2008, 11:16 am

Latest post of the previous page:

At the moment the only 'company' I'm ranting about is the Post Office, with whom I applied to open an Instant Saver Account at the beginning of November. I sent them a cheque for £10,000. I got a standard response rejecting my application because I hadn't said what my occupation is on the application but they banked the cheque anyway. I wrote asking for the money back and have phoned several times. Six weeks later, I still haven't got it. I have made an official complaint of course. :headbang:

Are you or have you ever been a blood donor?

Nick

#1222 Post by Nick » December 30th, 2008, 3:26 pm

Yes, I have been and am a regular donor. I do it for the tea and biscuits. :D I'm also a (potential) bone marrow donor, should the need arise.

What do you do to cheer yourself up?

jaywhat

#1223 Post by jaywhat » December 30th, 2008, 5:09 pm

I log on to Think Humanism

What do you do if what you do to cheer yourself up does not seem to be very effective?

getreal

#1224 Post by getreal » December 31st, 2008, 12:58 am

I take the dogs for a walk.

Do you have any pets?
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

jaywhat

#1225 Post by jaywhat » December 31st, 2008, 9:55 am

Yes. He is Ninny's avatar with the fantastic name of Darwin. I say 'he' when technically I should say 'it'.

Do you go to bed at the normal time today and wake up next year wondering what all the fuss was about - or do you do something really special?

kbell

#1226 Post by kbell » January 2nd, 2009, 11:41 am

I celebrate Hogmanay in the traditional Scots way with my family then wake up the next day wishing I hadn't drunk so much and this year was no exception.

Any New Year resolutions?
Kathryn

DougS

#1227 Post by DougS » January 2nd, 2009, 12:24 pm

Yes but only half-hearted ones about taking more exercise, looking for another job etc.

Any good nights out recently?

Fia

#1228 Post by Fia » January 2nd, 2009, 7:25 pm

We had a house trip to the Enchanted Glen /www.enchantedglen.co.uk. Despite pouring rain it was so good we walked round it twice :smile: My pockets were bulging with flasks of hot chocolate and chocolate bars, yet empty on our return :D

Any good nights in recently?

xman

#1229 Post by xman » January 5th, 2009, 6:12 am

Christmas Day was a very nice day in. There has been a lot of pressure on us to attend various Christmas day celebrations by different family members in recent years and we've always wrestled over whether we should or shouldn't and how to bow out gracefully, but when two invitations suddenly conflicted with each other this year i suggested to the missus that we call a bust on the whole idea and start establishing a tradition of a quiet Christmas day alone at home, just we three. (This was our boy's first Christmas) It was very pleasant indeed.

What resolutions have you made for this year and what is your plan of attack to keep them? If not, why not and what resolution would you or probably should you make and how would you keep that?

X
Always remember, it's your right to have a SUPER day.
If you're wrong, call me ... I'll have one for you!

Critical Thinking - http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons.html

para handy

#1230 Post by para handy » January 6th, 2009, 9:33 pm

My resolution is extremely boring. It is to get fit again. My plan of attack is to take daily exercise. I'll start next week.

Did you take down xmas decorations today?

Nick

#1231 Post by Nick » January 6th, 2009, 10:43 pm

Jaywhat will be pleased to know that i haven't got any decorations to take down!

What is you favourite clip on youtube?

Alan C.

#1232 Post by Alan C. » January 6th, 2009, 10:52 pm

That's not an easy one Nick, there are SO MANY to choose from but I like these two.
Panda sneeze.
Lion lady.
Probably the Lion one.

As opposed to the room 101 thread, what is your favorite thing.?
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

Nick

#1233 Post by Nick » January 10th, 2009, 3:57 pm

Dogs, in particular, Spaniels.

Have you taken any steps towards a greener lifestyle?

Zoe

#1234 Post by Zoe » January 10th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Yes, we become greener and greener as time goes on. There's not much more we can do without losing total quality of life.

How difficult would your life be without a car?

xman

#1235 Post by xman » January 10th, 2009, 6:20 pm

Just as difficult as it is. Neither the wife nor I even have a driver's license. I have yet to. Living in an urban environment means that cycling is a good way to save money and get around. My current bike is a POS though and, especially travelling with the boy, public transit is used much more frequently now. That is likely to change soon though because sometimes it's ... well, difficult.

When you don't drive, how do you get around?
Always remember, it's your right to have a SUPER day.
If you're wrong, call me ... I'll have one for you!

Critical Thinking - http://www.skepdic.com/refuge/ctlessons.html

Emma Woolgatherer

#1236 Post by Emma Woolgatherer » January 10th, 2009, 6:40 pm

I don't drive. I walk to uni, and to the shops. I get trains and buses. I get taxis, occasionally. I'm a passenger in Rob's car sometimes. And once in a deep blue moon, I cycle. I'm going to have to improve my cycling skills, because Rob says that after this car he's not getting another one; he's going to join a car-share scheme.

How often do you fly?

Emma Woolgatherer

#1237 Post by Emma Woolgatherer » January 10th, 2009, 6:40 pm

Inexplicable duplicate ... please delete. :smile:

lewist

#1238 Post by lewist » January 10th, 2009, 9:27 pm

Emma Woolgatherer wrote:How often do you fly?
I fly to the USA to see my brother perhaps once a year on average. This week I am flying to St Thomas then ferrying to Tortola in the BVIs to have week sailing with him. :smile:

How do you keep in touch with distant relatives?
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Beki

#1239 Post by Beki » January 15th, 2009, 10:22 pm

Probably email most often. Occasionally the phone but the best is via Boxing Day when so many of them come back home to my mum's house for a holiday. We had the real pleasure of family back from Hong Kong and Sydney Australia this year and it was wonderful.

How far away are you furthest (close) relatives?
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - M Ghandi

Alan C.

#1240 Post by Alan C. » January 15th, 2009, 10:49 pm

I only have two cousins, one in Bournemouth, and one in Rotterdam, and without googling I really couldn't say which is the farthest away (so I'll google) Nope can't find out! Ah well, not really that bothered. :wink:

Do you try to shop "ethically"
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

Fia

#1241 Post by Fia » January 15th, 2009, 11:39 pm

I try to. I first became aware of ethical shopping in my teens when I persuaded my Mum to not to buy South African produce, cunningly described as "Cape". But it probably hinges on ones interpretation of ethical. Latterly I've been more concerned as to the carbon footprint of my buying choices. Eschewing those lovely looking beans as they're wrapped in 2 layers of plastic and have been flown from Africa. But then if i don't buy them, am I doing the hard working African farmers a disservice? It's a minefield. So I try, that's all I can do.

Do you have any interesting plans for this year?