INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Anyone plays chess here?

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
Manel

Anyone plays chess here?

#1 Post by Manel » October 15th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Hi, I play chess, and I'd be happy to play chess with anyone, I play in lichess.org, it's a fantastic non-profit website where hundreds of people collaborate. They've made it the second chess website in the world. It's ad-free, I've made some friends there playing, it's an example of the power of collaboration.

Well, hope to play with you there. I'm not very good, so don't be afraid of losing, lol

Cheers

Manel

animist

Re: Anyone plays chess here?

#2 Post by animist » October 15th, 2016, 12:30 pm

not really, but do you also play Go? I would love to play this Chinese game with someone!

Manel

#3 Post by Manel » October 15th, 2016, 12:33 pm

No, I don't. They say it's wonderful, there must be also lots of websites to play it.

Good luck :smile:

Nick

#4 Post by Nick » October 15th, 2016, 2:28 pm

animist wrote:not really, but do you also play Go? I would love to play this Chinese game with someone!
I play! Extremely occasionally, as I don't know anyone else who plays (Until now!)

Manel

#5 Post by Manel » October 15th, 2016, 3:01 pm

Life is not fair. This was meant to find chess players! :hilarity:

animist

#6 Post by animist » October 17th, 2016, 11:51 am

Nick wrote:
animist wrote:not really, but do you also play Go? I would love to play this Chinese game with someone!
I play! Extremely occasionally, as I don't know anyone else who plays (Until now!)
so, Nick, where do we "go" from here?

animist

#7 Post by animist » October 17th, 2016, 11:52 am

Manel wrote:Life is not fair. This was meant to find chess players! :hilarity:
but you must agree that TH does broaden the mind!

Manel

#8 Post by Manel » October 17th, 2016, 4:10 pm

I agree and celebrate!

Cheers

Nick

#9 Post by Nick » October 17th, 2016, 7:32 pm

animist wrote:
Nick wrote:
Heaven knows where I've put my board and stones, but it probably calls for another axe-murderers' convention. :D

animist

#10 Post by animist » October 18th, 2016, 4:34 pm

Nick wrote:
animist wrote:
Nick wrote:I play! Extremely occasionally, as I don't know anyone else who plays (Until now!)
Heaven knows where I've put my board and stones, but it probably calls for another axe-murderers' convention. :D
probably - eg in Go-dstone? Bit far for you though. Are you mobile again? Hope you are well and I apologise if I am a bit snarky over Brexit - I am genuinely obsessed with it (even in dreams - sad!) :)

Nick

#11 Post by Nick » October 18th, 2016, 8:51 pm

animist wrote:
Nick wrote:
animist wrote:so, Nick, where do we "go" from here?
probably - eg in Go-dstone? Bit far for you though. Are you mobile again? Hope you are well and I apologise if I am a bit snarky over Brexit - I am genuinely obsessed with it (even in dreams - sad!) :)
Go-dstone would be fine with me, and yes, I'm mobile again, but a bit short of time at the moment. No problem about Brexit, animist. There's lots to talk about!