INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Talk to Yourself

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
Nick

Re: Talk to Yourself

#201 Post by Nick » December 2nd, 2010, 11:22 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Doctor! Doctor! I think I'm suffering from bird flu!
Spoiler:
I chatter incessantly and can't park the car!

Jolly good thing I'm just talking to myself, or I might be called sexist.

Dave B

#202 Post by Dave B » December 3rd, 2010, 7:49 pm

Oh dear, from the sounds coming through my double glazing it seems the annual disturbance of the peace is on tour again.

It's the charity "music" float, hundreds of watts of distorted sound playing commercial seasonal music, not even decent traditional stuff.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Fia

#203 Post by Fia » December 3rd, 2010, 9:01 pm

I think Dave needs some of our snow. That puts paid to such frivolity.

Sorry, did I say that out loud? :D

Dave B

#204 Post by Dave B » December 3rd, 2010, 10:02 pm

So long as it is a few tons placed carefully round the float I'll accept the offer Fia! I am not uncharitable but . . .
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Vicky

#205 Post by Vicky » December 4th, 2010, 8:34 pm

I think I'm losing the plot.....first, in the count up thread, I mistype a Roman numeral, in spite of having written it down correctly moments before. Then my first attempt at the double alphabet game crashes as I get the alphabet wrong!!! What a good job my friends on TH are so tolerant!

Marian

#206 Post by Marian » December 5th, 2010, 11:08 am

I hope my friends here on TH don't think I've been ignoring them but I have spent the past 3 days preparing my Statement of Purpose to apply for Graduate school. Haven't a clue how I'm going to afford this or where I'll find the time but it's something I've always wanted to do. The application is due by the Friday the 10th. Miss you all
Transformative fire...

Alan C.

#207 Post by Alan C. » December 5th, 2010, 3:09 pm

Good luck with that Marian. :thumbsup:
Abstinence Makes the Church Grow Fondlers.

lewist

#208 Post by lewist » December 5th, 2010, 5:14 pm

Alan C. wrote:Good luck with that Marian. :thumbsup:
And from me too, Marian.
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Gottard

#209 Post by Gottard » December 5th, 2010, 9:11 pm

+ Gottard from the -now- snowy Alps.
The only thing I fear of death is regret if I couldn’t complete my learning experience

getreal

#210 Post by getreal » December 5th, 2010, 10:26 pm

Go Marian! I'm sure you'll be able to find the time, somehow (and fuck the expense!)

Ugh, I feel terrible. *cough*, Why do I always get colds worse than anyone else and why does everyone say I'm a hypocondriac?

At least I don't have to go to work, though.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Marian

#211 Post by Marian » December 6th, 2010, 3:18 am

Thank you everyone for the support. Here's the latest update: The Statement of Purpose is done. I'd be happy to post it if anyone is interested. My C.V. is finished just now. I'm awaiting one letter of reference in the mail. I pick up the second one tomorrow morning and I've got the third. I don't have an academic reference because it's been more than 20 years since I was in school. Hopefully, what I've got will blow their socks off.

Remaining stuff to do: Complete on-line application which should take about 30 min, pay the app. fee of $90.00, fill out two more sheets of general information and have everything couriered to the graduate office by no later than Friday the 10th.

I can do this!!!!

PS. I'm looking to do my graduate studies in social work.
Transformative fire...

Ninny

#212 Post by Ninny » December 6th, 2010, 8:59 am

I see Jaywhat has changed his avatar to a cat with a Hitler moustache.

Nick

#213 Post by Nick » December 6th, 2010, 9:06 am

...and Michael Jackson socks. I wonder if the cat moon-walks....?

thundril

#214 Post by thundril » December 6th, 2010, 1:12 pm

Back in my usual wi-fi cafe. Again with the creepy xtian songs droning in the background..
"God is watchin' Gus,
From a distance."

The lady behind the counter has no idea who Gus is. Looked mildly displeased when I asked, but then, I buy a lot of latte here.

getreal

#215 Post by getreal » December 8th, 2010, 9:45 pm

This cold is really pissing me off. Why won't it go away? At least I can't smit anyone as I seem to be the last to get it. I think I'll go to bed early tonight. I have that really good book I'm reading. Better keep the title to myself. Don't want to tarnish my online image as an intellectual giant, do I?
If anyone asks, I'll say it's Evelyn Waugh's new book. That ought to preserve my status!
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

Dave B

#216 Post by Dave B » December 8th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Ah, pleasant evening spent listening to an excellent talker on the history of Gloucester inform us of the story of the three orders of monks that made this city their home - and all the infighting (with actual violence) that went on between them, the intrigues, the sexual exploits etc. etc. Oh what fun they had in the Middle Ages!

Home to a lump of stollen cake and a mug of coffee, final bit of enjoyment for the day on this 'ere forum and, so to bed.

Good night everyone . . . . . . . . . . . z z z z z z z
Me, 2015

getreal

#217 Post by getreal » December 9th, 2010, 12:10 am

Shit! My last post now actually says "yesterday". This forum malarky is a serious thief of time. I better get me to bed.

jaywhat

#218 Post by jaywhat » December 12th, 2010, 2:06 pm

Ninny wrote:I see Jaywhat has changed his avatar to a cat with a Hitler moustache.

Not for long, but I do not wish to discuss it here.
You see jaywhat, this avatar is you and however much you love Dora, you do not want her image representing yourself and the things you say. You must be responsible yourself; to yourself, for yourself. This means you are prepared to stand up to be counted; to say 'yes. I said that and I meant it' - or, occasionally, 'yes I said that and I was wrong and I am sorry. You cannot blame your cat for anything you say or do.
It is possible that I am putting too much stress on the meaning of my avatar; possible that I am imbuing the thing with some sort of psychic power; some sort of meaning that is not compatible with my true humanist/atheist feelings and/or beliefs.
Of course there will be people who jump in and say an atheist cannot have beliefs and an avatar is not something that an atheist should hold as important - but I shall ignore all that because this is the thread I invented for me (or anyone) to talk to oneself. This means that what you say is no-one else's business and they have no right to make any response to it. Making any comment to another person who is talking to themselves is most illogical, and in some respects quite ill mannered.

Dave B

#219 Post by Dave B » December 12th, 2010, 3:22 pm

Blimey, JW's having some sort of crisis of self examination! Hope this is not going to lead to an outburst of pure honesty - that tends to get embarrassing all round and one may find out who one's real friends are!
Me, 2015

Ninny

#220 Post by Ninny » December 12th, 2010, 4:03 pm

Jaywhat is my real friend.

getreal

#221 Post by getreal » December 12th, 2010, 6:20 pm

Bollocks families!

and I still have my cold. I may be dying from something wierd and serious. At least I'd then have the satisfaction of making them all feel guilty.

I probably won't and they probably wouldn't anyway. Even if I was dying.

It's awful being the only one who is right all the time.