INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Talk to Yourself

Otherwise known as the Games Room, think of this as a subforum of the social club reserved just for sociable icebreaker games. Beware - they can be addictive!
Dave B

Re: Talk to Yourself

#381 Post by Dave B » September 24th, 2012, 8:52 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Nick said:
What a nice cheerful, clear and sexy voice Anita Anand has....
I missed that before.

Hmm, not surprised Nick thinks that, but I think she sounds patronising and slightly old fashioned school marmish at times. Definitely agree with TT on Charlotte Green though - wonder if she will re-incarnate in some other media role? Ditto Harriet Cass. Hope so.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Dave B

#382 Post by Dave B » November 3rd, 2012, 4:23 pm

Just preparing some toppings for a pizza - shallots, cherry toms, mushrooms, tarragon, a little cayenne . . .

Want to take a shower first and change the bedding.

Licking the spatula has caused a veritable eruption of appetite and hunger pangs!

Must be disciplined - vino and a Jethro video lined up as well.

All good things come to those who wait!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

lewist

#383 Post by lewist » November 11th, 2012, 9:06 pm

I'm sitting feeling mildly annoyed with myself. I haven't achieved much today, probably due to mild overindulgence in gin and red wine last night. It was good, though, and I don't regret being sociable. On the other hand, I was going to go to Highland Humanists. Didn't.

Not to worry. :sad:
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

Dave B

#384 Post by Dave B » November 11th, 2012, 10:03 pm

I think I know how Lewis feels, it was open day at a friend's yesterday - for her 70th birthday. I was on bar tender duties and managed to resist the booze and do my job until about 6pm, when only the select few were left. Then I drank too much too fast. Found my way (walking) home, along dark lanes, though.

Also ate far too many of the tasty little finger snacks as well. Stomach definitely out of favour with my behaviour.
Me, 2015

jaywhat

#385 Post by jaywhat » November 14th, 2012, 10:44 am

Sometimes hard trying to write without using names. My grandson and his other grandad have gone to Cairns to watch the eclipse and there met my stepson who lives in Brisbane but they only had 3 minutes because they had to get on a coach. None of them knew each other - and obviously still don't. That other grandad did not even know that I had married again - 12 years ago! :hilarity:
The grandson now knows the difference between astonomy and astrology - or does he? He is in his twenties and spends his non-studying time working at Tesco so that might explain it.
I am going to a talk on the Roman fort in Huddersfield of which nothing remains as far a I know and am also being treated to lunch by my oz stepson's mother.
ps he is not really oz - more pommyoz.

jaywhat

#386 Post by jaywhat » November 19th, 2012, 9:57 am

I have just come in from the very cold outside after a half hour exercise walk. Did one yesterday as well and feeling good about it. For losing weight and improving health dieting is not enough. I know that.

Dave B

#387 Post by Dave B » November 19th, 2012, 5:34 pm

Hmm, seems tarragon does not agree with me. Wish these aniseed flavoured mini-burps would stop!
Me, 2015

Dave B

#388 Post by Dave B » November 30th, 2012, 8:53 pm

Must be something going on somewhere, wish I had an exciting life . . .

No, on seconds thoughts perhaps boring is safer. Or does it just make life seem longer 'cos time creeps when your not having fun?
Me, 2015

Marian

#389 Post by Marian » December 10th, 2012, 2:08 am

No rushing this...incredible uphill battle...much patience is necessary and required...staying positive as best as possible....cheering section welcome...
Transformative fire...

jaywhat

#390 Post by jaywhat » December 10th, 2012, 5:57 am

Make list she said. I know make a list and than tick things off. Yes I know. I can make a list in my head. Will that do? Will a subconscious list be OK?

Dave B

#391 Post by Dave B » December 13th, 2012, 7:21 pm

Now, was it just coincidence? Or was it ESP, predetermination or something like that?

I was sitting there thinking about a drink and thinking that a chocolate biscuit would be nice; but could I be bothered to face the cold walk to the late shop round the corner for a Kit-Kat? Then the doorbell rang.

There was a chap there with a tin of chockie bickies as a gift for some work I did (as a favour) earlier in the year!

Now I need a strong dose of self-discipline!
Me, 2015

animist

#392 Post by animist » December 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Dave B wrote:Now, was it just coincidence? Or was it ESP, predetermination or something like that?

I was sitting there thinking about a drink and thinking that a chocolate biscuit would be nice; but could I be bothered to face the cold walk to the late shop round the corner for a Kit-Kat? Then the doorbell rang.

There was a chap there with a tin of chockie bickies as a gift for some work I did (as a favour) earlier in the year!

Now I need a strong dose of self-discipline!
Dave, only three posts ago you were wishing for excitement, and now that you have experienced an exciting coincidence you are forcing yourself to be disciplined (about the biccies or the temptation to believe in ESP?) - anyway, I hope you enjoyed them! The biccies, that is.

It is (almost) Xmas, after all! So OK to talk to someone else here - I think

Dave B

#393 Post by Dave B » December 27th, 2012, 10:20 pm

I have just watched the short video of some of the editors for Wikipedia, made after their latest fund raising campaign.

I struck me that even when people are not conventionally "handsome" in their looks their sheer enthusiasm can make then appear very attractive.
Me, 2015

jaywhat

#394 Post by jaywhat » February 5th, 2015, 3:31 pm

I think I'll just have a look through Club Soda to see if any rubbish we used to mess with is worth revitalising. I have found several but also found that my name often appears as the last person to comment on that thread. Could life out there be trying to tell me something. I shall tick this off my list now and get on with something more sensible, like playing scrabble.

thundril

#395 Post by thundril » February 5th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Every to-do list should start with 'begin to-do list'.
Next is 'enter first item'.
Then 'tick off first 3 items'.
Continue....

jaywhat

#396 Post by jaywhat » February 6th, 2015, 7:05 am

I know I promised myself I would have a shower early but I cannot bring myself to do it. Just checking a few things on pc and maybe then I'll gird my loins - or ungird them if that is what having a shower requires. Just looked up loins on my Seiko but will not go into that just now.I often use the gird phrase to mean to pull myself together, to get a move on. Now I JUST NEED TO CHECK MY EMAILS AND THEN (oh! dear, now turned off the upper case button) and I think I'll have a quick go at my enigma codeword. Then we'll see ...

jaywhat

#397 Post by jaywhat » February 6th, 2015, 10:17 am

Done all that and now had a shower as well as breakfast and buzzing with energy and well-being. I am also a liar because I am not in top mood these days and will stop talking to myself this very min ..............

jaywhat

#398 Post by jaywhat » February 7th, 2015, 7:28 am

That was yesterday. This is today. What to say ... ? even talking to myself is getting difficult. What else is there? The cat's been fed and shows no interest in her biscuits or going out into the cold dark. At least she always has her permanent fur coat on ready.
Time for coffee at least .....

lewist

#399 Post by lewist » February 7th, 2015, 8:39 am

I'm enjoying my coffee, jaywhat; I hope you're enjoying yours. :)
Carpe diem. Savour every moment.

thundril

#400 Post by thundril » February 7th, 2015, 5:23 pm

With brandy? (Purely medicinal, you understand)

Sel

#401 Post by Sel » February 8th, 2015, 2:02 am

Well guys, I have only myself to talk to. Friends have gifted me a week at their timeshare condo in Fairmon Hot Springs, BC.
http://mountainsidevillas.com/
Do not be fooled by the pictures. This is winter and in the interior valleys that means rain and/or snow.

The place is gorgeous but the drive here was a wee bit of a horror show. Let me bore you with the details.

I left Calgary at 9AM Friday morning. it was -13°C. Thirty minutes out of town, at the bottom of Scott Lake Hill it was still that temp. At the top of the hill it was +5C (the entire car covered instantly in a thin mist - I could not see out!)..At the bottom of the hill...back to -13░

About 5 minutes later the Chinook winds hit ( the news says they were 100km/hr) and the temperature again rose to +5°C! I have witnessed Chinooks changing the temperature dramatically but never before have I been on the edge of one, out of it again and back in!

That temp held till West of Banff when I hit a snowstorm. But with the temp hovering around freezing, the road was covered in bone jarring freezing slush. The road up the pass to Radium was dreadful for about 45 miles them the slush softed, then disappeared and I was on wet roads with rain as I pulled out of the mountain parks.

My planned 3 hr drive took 4 hrs but I did arrive safely.

By way of explanation...we here in the West describe distances in hours. Calgary to Banff - 1 hr; Calgary to Edmonton 3 1/4 hrs; Calgary to Vancouver 12 hrs (I do it in 10 1\2) and we say "overnight to Winnipeg! Calgary to this condo - 3 1/4 hrs

and this...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind
"The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge." Bertrand Russell