INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

BHA's new book for children by Michael Rosen

For discussions related to education and educational institutions.
Alan H

BHA's new book for children by Michael Rosen

#1 Post by Alan H » February 22nd, 2017, 10:21 am

The BHA's new book What is Humanism? by Michael Rosen and Annemarie Young was launched yesterday. A copy is available free to any Primary School in England.

The Northern Ireland Humanists are giving one to each school there and have just got some free publicity: Free Presbyterian cleric condemns humanist book for primary pupils in Northern Ireland
Rev McIlveen, who has retired from Sandown Free Presbyterian Church in east Belfast, said that while it's important not to censor literature, there is also a right to challenge the contents of the book.

"We know that humanism is basically anti-God and therefore anti-Christian," he said. "I think to advocate humanism can't go unchallenged and I think it is important that people do have the opportunity to challenge that and I would appeal to Christian parents particularly to express a very strong and vocal opposition to the message of humanism.

"I feel that for a child of primary school age, humanism is not something that should be put into their mind.
Extreme-Irony.gif
Extreme-Irony.gif (248.89 KiB) Viewed 4677 times
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Tetenterre

Re: BHA's new book for children by Michael Rosen

#2 Post by Tetenterre » February 23rd, 2017, 12:10 pm

Yesterday's J&M http://www.jesusandmo.net/comic/best/ :
JandMo_HumanismInSchools.png
JandMo_HumanismInSchools.png (26.97 KiB) Viewed 4663 times
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.