INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

What would you do?

...on serious topics that don't fit anywhere else at present.
Compassionist

What would you do?

#1 Post by Compassionist » November 8th, 2019, 6:00 pm

What would you do if you were all-knowing and all-powerful? If I were all-knowing and all-powerful, I would go back in time and prevent all suffering, all deaths and all unfairness. I would also give all living things omnibenevolence, omniscience, omnipotence, omniculpability and an infinite number of universes each.

Alan H

Re: What would you do?

#2 Post by Alan H » November 8th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Would you prevent the death of Hitler, Pol Pot, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi or Sadam Hussain?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Compassionist

Re: What would you do?

#3 Post by Compassionist » November 8th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Alan H wrote:
November 8th, 2019, 6:20 pm
Would you prevent the death of Hitler, Pol Pot, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi or Sadam Hussain?
I would save everyone, including evil people, by turning them omnibenevolent, omniscient, omnipotent and omniculpable. They would no longer be evil humans once I upgraded them. They are just faulty products needing repairs, like a malfunctioning robot. We are not free from causality. We are prisoners of causality, products of causality. All our choices are inevitable and determined entirely by our genes, environments, nutrients and experiences. Our lives are inevitable. Our deaths are inevitable. I am a Hard Determinist because evidence and logic support it.