INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Am I cruel?

...on serious topics that don't fit anywhere else at present.
Dave B

Am I cruel?

#1 Post by Dave B » July 10th, 2015, 8:09 am

Downstairs' leaves the back door open when he is out so his dog can go for a crap whenever (back yard is covered in the stull). Trouble is the dog insts on having a good batk when it does so.

Have mentioned this to downstairs but it has not really improved.

Due to loss of sleep through pain I tend to have lights out about 2130. 2230 the dog started barking and woke me. 0200 same again. This last time I had time to find some balloons, put water in one to give weight and effect, inflate it, tie it off and chuck it out of the kitchen window. The resulting pop-splish shut the dog up in full bark.

The 0330 bark was not long enough for the Mk2, with string so the evidence could be recovered!

There are few bad dogs and I feel bad about "punishing" the dog because its owner leaves it alone all day and night quite often, but I do not need the stress. I doubt that it could physically hurt the dog much and the effect should be no worse than a sudden clap or shout.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Altfish

Re: Am I cruel?

#2 Post by Altfish » July 10th, 2015, 8:42 am

No, you're not cruel at all. I love dogs but badly controlled ones are a nuisance.
Have you thought of contacting the RSPCA?

jaywhat

#3 Post by jaywhat » July 10th, 2015, 8:44 am

Brilliant! Not cruel at all.

Dave B

#4 Post by Dave B » July 10th, 2015, 9:04 am

Altfish wrote:No, you're not cruel at all. I love dogs but badly controlled ones are a nuisance.
Have you thought of contacting the RSPCA?
When I called them, weeks ago, to say that a young dog was left alone howling all day and barking late at night they did not seem interested.

Local council not enthusiastic unless it is a constant nuisance.The garden full of dogshit might convince them!
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#5 Post by Alan H » July 10th, 2015, 11:56 am

This is a duplicate thread - please read t'other one.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?