INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Near-Death-Experiences

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Compassionist

Near-Death-Experiences

#1 Post by Compassionist » July 21st, 2019, 1:01 pm

Has anyone on this forum had a Near-Death-Experience? If so, how was it for you? I had one when I was four. I saw a tunnel then met some glowing people who said I was going to save the world. I am actually working to save the world through the worldwide charity I founded 12 years ago. Please see: https://www.facebook.com/CanWithCandle and https://twitter.com/Can_With_Candle Thank you.

Compassionist

Re: Near-Death-Experiences

#2 Post by Compassionist » January 19th, 2020, 9:11 pm

Compassionist

Re: Near-Death-Experiences

#3 Post by Compassionist » January 20th, 2020, 8:42 pm

I am a strong agnostic about the ultimate nature of reality. I don't know what happens after living things die. I know that bodies decompose but I don't know if we have an immortal soul. There is no evidence for the existence of immortal souls. Brains exist but souls probably don't. I would love to go to heaven but I am not convinced such a thing exists. It is possible that the near-death-experiences are caused by altered neural activities. There are two types of religions. Type 1: Resurrection happens after we die and we go to heaven or hell. Type 2: Reincarnation happens. Neither of these are proven with evidence. Obviously, if someone dead (not nearly dead, totally brain dead) came back to life and could show us using functional MRI scanner his or her memories of heaven or hell that would prove the claims.