INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Science Disproves Evolution

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Tetenterre

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#701 Post by Tetenterre » October 29th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Pahu wrote: In John 16:32,33 Christ is celebrating the Last Supper. In Mark 14:35,36 He is on the Mount of Olives. Two different times and places.
Oh dear, you are slipping there, Pahu. All four gospels recount Jesus going to pray after the last supper. In Mark (and Matthew) he is in Gethsemane (precise location unknown, beyond being somewhere at the foot of the Mount of Olives); it is Luke that puts him on the Mount of Olives. John says this conversation took place in a garden in or near the Kidron Valley.

So, was he split into three?
Bethphage began where Bethany ended, and reached to the city itself.
That is quite simply not true. Although Bethphage is now contiguous with Jerusalem, 2000 years ago,Jerusalem, Bethphage and Nethany would have been distinct and separate entities.
I have given evidence God is the author of the Bible, most notably in the fact that the Bible is filled with hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies:
That is not evidence, it is opinion. The so-called accurate prophecies can just as easily be accounted for by the Jewish tradition of Midrash. For example, they could have written the NT stories (NB: the gospels were written long after the time when the events they depicted were meant to have occurred) so that they appeared to fulfill prophecies in the OT stories. The Washington Codex alone is sufficient evidence that "embellishing" earlier gospels was an acceptable deed.

It is true God inspired humans to write the Bible and He insured it was preserved accurately.
How do you know that?
The blunder by Barker and Lucas was corrected.
How do you know that there are not other errors that remain uncorrected?
Different translations say the same thing differently.
Indeed, but there are also translations that say different things. "... good will toward men" does not mean the same as either "...to men of good will" or "....to men with whom God is pleased"
Almah means a young woman who has not known a man, or virgin.
Again, that is simply not true. The "who has not known a man" qualification was sometimes a cultural assumption, but was not a meaning.
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Alan H

#702 Post by Alan H » October 29th, 2017, 3:45 pm

2017-10-29_15h44_32.png
2017-10-29_15h44_32.png (221.55 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Pahu

#703 Post by Pahu » October 29th, 2017, 6:01 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
It wasn't God that turned the Nile into blood. It was Aaron and Moses.
It was God.
Other men like Joshua, can stop the sun in the sky!
Only God has the power to stop the rotation of the earth.
In the Bible there are no "Laws of Nature" there is only magic and anything goes. There are hundreds of these magics in the Bible. They can be found only in fairy tales. That's why Einstein called the Bible a book of fairy tales.
Einstein was a smart man, but He was wrong about the Bible. He did say: “Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe—a Spirit vastly superior to that of man” (Quoted in H. Dukas and B. Hoffman, Albert Einstein – The Human Side (USA Princeton University Press 1981); Jammer, p.144).

And: “The divine reveals itself in the physical world” (Z. Rosenkranz, Albert through the Looking Glass (Jewish National Library Jerusalem, 1998), pp.xi, 80; Jammer, p.151).

And: “My God created laws… His universe is not ruled by wishful thinking but by immutable laws” (Einstein in conversation with W. Hermann in Hermann’s book Einstein and the Poet (USA Branden Press, 1983), p.132; Jammer, p.123).
Your God, the God of Abraham, was made in the image of man.
Man was made in the image of God, which includes mind, spirit and free will.
You don't agree? Your God is narcississtic, tyrannical, jealous, cruel, capricious, vindictive, etc. He has all the faults of man and much more!
Evidence free assertions.

"And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: 'I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people.' Therefore 'Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you.' "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty.'" (2 Corinthians 6:16-18).

“This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all” (1 John 1:5).

"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty. The whole earth is filled with his glory!” (Isaiah 6:3).

“Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:7-8).

"Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?" says the Lord God, "and not that he should turn from his ways and live? (Ezekiel 18:23).

Selfish motives and wrong thinking limit human love. Real love doesn’t tolerate selfish, hurtful behavior. God is pure love! (1John 4:10,16; 1 Corinthians 13:4-7) He desires holiness for his children: He wants us to be completely set apart for Him. What parent does not wish for a “perfect” life for their child? We lack the understanding and power to give that, but God does not. God wants to give us a new life, free from sin (2 Corinthians 5:17-21).

God’s holiness does not limit or oppose his love; it defines it! “Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love” (1 John 4:18). Are you experiencing this perfect, holy love?
Don't think that your God is the only God, there are thousands of others. You would never be able to comprehend the God of Einstein, just as an ant could not comprehend you! Look up Einstein's God in Wikipedia. Don't be like the frog at the bottom of a well. Hop out and take a look around the Cosmos!
There is only one true, living, creator God of everything and everyone. All others are false gods. Perhaps you would do well to hop out of your self imposed prison and experience the reality of God.
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

Pahu

#704 Post by Pahu » October 29th, 2017, 6:06 pm

Tetenterre wrote:
Pahu wrote: In John 16:32,33 Christ is celebrating the Last Supper. In Mark 14:35,36 He is on the Mount of Olives. Two different times and places.
Oh dear, you are slipping there, Pahu. All four gospels recount Jesus going to pray after the last supper. In Mark (and Matthew) he is in Gethsemane (precise location unknown, beyond being somewhere at the foot of the Mount of Olives); it is Luke that puts him on the Mount of Olives. John says this conversation took place in a garden in or near the Kidron Valley.

So, was he split into three?
Bethphage began where Bethany ended, and reached to the city itself.
That is quite simply not true. Although Bethphage is now contiguous with Jerusalem, 2000 years ago,Jerusalem, Bethphage and Nethany would have been distinct and separate entities.
I have given evidence God is the author of the Bible, most notably in the fact that the Bible is filled with hundreds of accurately fulfilled prophecies:
That is not evidence, it is opinion. The so-called accurate prophecies can just as easily be accounted for by the Jewish tradition of Midrash. For example, they could have written the NT stories (NB: the gospels were written long after the time when the events they depicted were meant to have occurred) so that they appeared to fulfill prophecies in the OT stories. The Washington Codex alone is sufficient evidence that "embellishing" earlier gospels was an acceptable deed.

It is true God inspired humans to write the Bible and He insured it was preserved accurately.
How do you know that?
The blunder by Barker and Lucas was corrected.
How do you know that there are not other errors that remain uncorrected?
Different translations say the same thing differently.
Indeed, but there are also translations that say different things. "... good will toward men" does not mean the same as either "...to men of good will" or "....to men with whom God is pleased"
Almah means a young woman who has not known a man, or virgin.
Again, that is simply not true. The "who has not known a man" qualification was sometimes a cultural assumption, but was not a meaning.
Your comments are pathetically inaccurate.

Alan H

#705 Post by Alan H » October 29th, 2017, 6:38 pm

Pahu wrote:Your comments are pathetically inaccurate.
Please feel free to point out the inaccuracies, with evidence and reasoned argument, of course. And, what does 'about 8000 years' mean? How inaccurate is it?

In whatever order you like, Pahu.
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR

#706 Post by VINDICATOR » October 30th, 2017, 1:45 am

Pahu,
You are cherry-picking again. God said, "I am a jealous God"! Can you find that in the Bible? If not then ask me!

VINDICATOR

#707 Post by VINDICATOR » October 30th, 2017, 10:51 am

Pahu,
If your God were the only God, who would he be jealous of? Also he said, "Let US make humankind in OUR image." So even God admits that he isn't the only God!

VINDICATOR

#708 Post by VINDICATOR » October 30th, 2017, 10:58 am

Pahu,
Stalin and Fatboy-Kim are narcississtic and cruel. Anyone who doesn't worship them is banished to the slave-labor camps (Gulags) to suffer for a few years until they die. Your God is even worse, anyone who doesn't worship him is banished to hell to be tortured for eternity!

Pahu

#709 Post by Pahu » October 30th, 2017, 2:07 pm

You are cherry-picking again. God said, "I am a jealous God"! Can you find that in the Bible? If not then ask me!
It is in the Ten Commandments in Exodus 20:5 and Deuteronomy 5:9. It looks like you are the one cherry picking trying to discredit the Bible. What is your problem with that statement?

Pahu

#710 Post by Pahu » October 30th, 2017, 2:11 pm

If your God were the only God, who would he be jealous of? Also he said, "Let US make humankind in OUR image." So even God admits that he isn't the only God!
Yes, God says there are many false gods, but He is the one and only true, living, creator God of everything and everyone.

Pahu

#711 Post by Pahu » October 30th, 2017, 2:29 pm

Stalin and Fatboy-Kim are narcississtic and cruel. Anyone who doesn't worship them is banished to the slave-labor camps (Gulags) to suffer for a few years until they die. Your God is even worse, anyone who doesn't worship him is banished to hell to be tortured for eternity!
Where do you get that notion? Hell is simply the grave. Could there be some symbolism in the statement that they will be tormented day and night forever and ever? Notice that death and Hades are not included in this everlasting torment, nor are those whose names were not found in the Book of Life (Rev. 20:14,15) even though these three were also thrown into the lake of fire. Other scriptures tell us the lost will perish: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). A distinction is made here between those who perish and those who have everlasting life. Since everlasting life is self-explanatory, isn’t it reasonable to assume “perish” means just the opposite of everlasting life; that is, everlasting death, rather than everlasting life in torment in the lake of fire? In Ezekiel 18:4 we are told, “...the soul that sinneth, it shall die.” The words “die” and “perish” don’t mean the same as everlasting life, do they?

But there is another passage in Scripture that does seem to indicate that the lost will be tormented forever in the lake of fire. In Revelation 14:9-11 we read:

“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of His indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever, and they have no rest day nor night who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.”

If this really means eternal torment for the lost, then there seems to be a contradiction with John 3:16, Ezekiel 18:4 and the other scriptures I have mentioned. It could be said that smoke rises forever even though that which was burned up and caused the smoke has long since ceased to exist. The word “smoke” here could even be symbolic of the fact that the unrepentant perished and ceased to exist. The expression, “It went up in smoke” usually means whatever went up in smoke came to an end and ceased to exist. The last part of that verse revealing “and they have no rest day or night who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name,” sounds like a separate statement. There are no punctuation marks in the original manuscripts. An uninspired man added them hundreds of years later, so if we put a period in place of a comma after “for ever and ever,” the rest of the verse could have been written as a separate sentence. People never find perfect rest and peace in Christ as long as they continue to refuse to submit to Him in repentance and obedience to His Ten Commandment Law.

Also notice in the last sentence in this passage there seems to be a switch to a universal statement that whoever receives the mark of the beast will be tormented day and night. There is no mention here of forever and ever. Perhaps we are merely being reminded here that those who accept the mark of the beast (which I believe is Sunday keeping in place of the Sabbath) will experience torment because even though they believe they are doing God’s will, in fact they are in direct disobedience to Him. Their torment is their guilty conscience pricked by the prompting of the Holy Spirit. They also experience the physical torment, which is the natural result of their rebellion. “Be not deceived, God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap” (Gal. 6:7).

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?]

Alan H

#712 Post by Alan H » October 30th, 2017, 3:59 pm

What does 'about 8000 years' mean? How inaccurate is it?

Let me help you. Is it 8,000 years, +/- 1 fs? Or 8,000 years +/ 1 year? +/1 10 years? +/1 100 years? +/- 1,000 years? +/ 10,000 years?

Which do you think it is?
Alan Henness

VINDICATOR

#713 Post by VINDICATOR » October 31st, 2017, 2:48 am

Pahu,
Let me tell you a fairy tale I read in a book once:

The King and the Hero:
Once upon a time, a Hero and a King were bragging about their powers of magic. To prove his magic, our Hero threw his staff on the ground and it turned into a snake. The King then called his magicians and they threw down their staffs and they all became snakes all over the ground. Then our Hero's snake swallowed up all the other snakes and won the contest!

Can you tell me which book of fairy tales I got this story from? No, not Anderson, not Grimm. If you don't know then ask me!

Pahu

#714 Post by Pahu » October 31st, 2017, 2:27 pm

Let me tell you a fairy tale I read in a book once:

The King and the Hero:
Once upon a time, a Hero and a King were bragging about their powers of magic. To prove his magic, our Hero threw his staff on the ground and it turned into a snake. The King then called his magicians and they threw down their staffs and they all became snakes all over the ground. Then our Hero's snake swallowed up all the other snakes and won the contest!

Can you tell me which book of fairy tales I got this story from? No, not Anderson, not Grimm. If you don't know then ask me!
You did not get that story from a book of fairy tales. You got it from an accurate history book.

Pahu

#715 Post by Pahu » October 31st, 2017, 2:28 pm

Alan H wrote:What does 'about 8000 years' mean? How inaccurate is it?

Let me help you. Is it 8,000 years, +/- 1 fs? Or 8,000 years +/ 1 year? +/1 10 years? +/1 100 years? +/- 1,000 years? +/ 10,000 years?

8000 years.

Alan H

#716 Post by Alan H » October 31st, 2017, 2:32 pm

Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:What does 'about 8000 years' mean? How inaccurate is it?

8000 years.
Come on, Pahu! You can do better than that! What's the best estimate? +/- 0? +/- 1? What? Where are the error bars?
Alan Henness

animist

#717 Post by animist » October 31st, 2017, 10:41 pm

Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:I am perusing these choice morsels, and here a couple of direct statistical mutual contradictions:
1KI 4:26 Solomon had 40,000 horses (or stalls for horses).
2CH 9:25 He had 4,000 horses (or stalls for horses).
The authors of 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles refer to different locations. In 1 Kings the author counts all the stables Solomon has, while the author of 2 Chronicles just counts the stables Solomon had in each chariot city. There were ten of those, so 10 chariot cities times 4000 stables makes the 40,000 that are mentioned here.
this prompts an obvious question. Where in the Bible does it say that there were 10 chariot cities?

VINDICATOR

#718 Post by VINDICATOR » November 1st, 2017, 4:29 am

Pahu,
Yes, that episode about the snakes is from the Bible. All those snakes were made by man, not by God. Since the Bible is 100% true, that proves that anyone can do magic. There are no laws of Nature, there are only Laws of the Bible! There are hundreds of examples of magic in the Bible. Einstein was right when he said that "The Bible is a book of fairy tales!" Theists are so indoctrinated with fairy tales that they can't see the distinction between a fairy tale and a scientific treatise!

stevenw888

#719 Post by stevenw888 » November 1st, 2017, 5:06 pm

As someone famous once said "No amount of belief makes something a fact!"
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots." - From the film "Top Gun"

Pahu

#720 Post by Pahu » November 1st, 2017, 6:13 pm

animist wrote:
Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:I am perusing these choice morsels, and here a couple of direct statistical mutual contradictions:
1KI 4:26 Solomon had 40,000 horses (or stalls for horses).
2CH 9:25 He had 4,000 horses (or stalls for horses).
The authors of 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles refer to different locations. In 1 Kings the author counts all the stables Solomon has, while the author of 2 Chronicles just counts the stables Solomon had in each chariot city. There were ten of those, so 10 chariot cities times 4000 stables makes the 40,000 that are mentioned here.
this prompts an obvious question. Where in the Bible does it say that there were 10 chariot cities?
It doesn't in so many words, but consider this:

1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.

Alan H

#721 Post by Alan H » November 1st, 2017, 6:25 pm

Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:
Pahu wrote:
It doesn't in so many words, but consider this:

1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
Which bible, Pahu?
Alan Henness