INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Science Disproves Evolution

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Alan H

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#901 Post by Alan H » December 24th, 2017, 8:30 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Pahu wrote:What did Vindicator claim that I did not respond to?
<sigh>

Vindicator said:
Every time I confront you (Or other Fundamentalists) with a passage in the Bible that is obviously wrong or impossible, you pass it off as a "parable" or allegory". Thus at least half the Bible is "parables"! That is why Einstein said: "The Bible is just a book of fairy tales!" There is more wisdom in Aesop's Fables than you can find in the Bible!
The bit about Einstein was but an addition to emphasise the point: the substantive point being about you picking and choosing bits of the bible to either represent reality or to be parable or allegory.

Can you now see your way to answering that charge?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Pahu

#902 Post by Pahu » December 24th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Alan H wrote:
<sigh>

Vindicator said:
Every time I confront you (Or other Fundamentalists) with a passage in the Bible that is obviously wrong or impossible, you pass it off as a "parable" or allegory". Thus at least half the Bible is "parables"! That is why Einstein said: "The Bible is just a book of fairy tales!" There is more wisdom in Aesop's Fables than you can find in the Bible!
The bit about Einstein was but an addition to emphasise the point: the substantive point being about you picking and choosing bits of the bible to either represent reality or to be parable or allegory.

The Bible contains parables and allegories. The Bible is not half parables. There is more wisdom in the Bible than in Aesop's Fables. I do not pick and choose bits of the Bible to either represent reality or to be parable or allegory. The Bible always represents reality, sometimes using parables or allegories.
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

Alan H

#903 Post by Alan H » December 24th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:
<sigh>

Vindicator said:

The Bible contains parables and allegories. The Bible is not half parables. There is more wisdom in the Bible than in Aesop's Fables. I do not pick and choose bits of the Bible to either represent reality or to be parable or allegory. The Bible always represents reality, sometimes using parables or allegories.
Now provide evidence for your claims.
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR

#904 Post by VINDICATOR » December 25th, 2017, 12:04 pm

Dear Pahu,
Please teach us how to tell which verses in the Bible are real and which verses are "parables" or "Allegories". For instance how do you know that the story of the Garden of Eden is a parable and not something that actually happened?

Alan H

#905 Post by Alan H » December 25th, 2017, 12:12 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Pahu,
Please teach us how to tell which verses in the Bible are real and which verses are "parables" or "Allegories". For instance how do you know that the story of the Garden of Eden is a parable and not something that actually happened?
Because it contradicts abiogenesis and evolution...
Alan Henness

Pahu

#906 Post by Pahu » December 25th, 2017, 2:43 pm

I gave you that information in my discourse on the Garden of Eden, which was deleted by the administration.

Alan H

#907 Post by Alan H » December 25th, 2017, 11:17 pm

Pahu wrote:
I gave you that information in my discourse on the Garden of Eden, which was deleted by the administration.
...and I left the reference for all to follow... Perhaps you could extract the nub of your argument that you believe answers Vindicator's question?
Alan Henness

VINDICATOR

#908 Post by VINDICATOR » December 26th, 2017, 4:08 am

Dear Pahu,
Are the 6 days of creation found in Genesis really true, or is it just another parable?

Alan H

#909 Post by Alan H » December 26th, 2017, 11:07 am

Are the 6 days of creation found in Genesis really true, or is it just another parable?
Ah, but what do you mean by 'day'...
Alan Henness

Tetenterre

#910 Post by Tetenterre » December 26th, 2017, 11:46 am

animist wrote:...Pahu is Dan Carlton and has had a book published commercially...
Strictly speaking, as an "AuthorHouse" publication it's self- or vanity-published. (Not that there's anything inherently wrong with self-publishing, of course... :wink: )
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Pahu

#911 Post by Pahu » December 26th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
...and I left the reference for all to follow... Perhaps you could extract the nub of your argument that you believe answers Vindicator's question?
The reference is for the whole book, not my comments on the Garden of Eden. I will try one more time:
Garden of Eden

Unnecessary copy and pasted text deleted by Admin. Pahu, as I've requested before, if you want to reference some particular word, words, phrase, sentence, paragraph, section or chapter, please feel free to tell us precisely where we can find it in whatever reference you are citing. Page numbers are a particularly useful human invention that I believe even your book uses.

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?] http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reincar ... 1491811009

Pahu

#912 Post by Pahu » December 26th, 2017, 3:08 pm

There is no reason to believe they are not normal 24 hour days. God went to a lot of trouble making sure His readers would see that by saying each day had an evening and morning.

VINDICATOR

#913 Post by VINDICATOR » December 27th, 2017, 10:12 am

Dear Pahu,
Thanks for the answer on 6 days of creation.
One more question. Did the Great Flood actually happen, or is it a parable?

Pahu

#914 Post by Pahu » December 27th, 2017, 2:51 pm

Thanks for the answer on 6 days of creation.
One more question. Did the Great Flood actually happen, or is it a parable?
The Bible story is backed up by evidence.

Pahu

#915 Post by Pahu » December 27th, 2017, 2:55 pm

Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
The reference is for the whole book, not my comments on the Garden of Eden. I will try one more time:
Garden of Eden

Unnecessary copy and pasted text deleted by Admin. Pahu, as I've requested before, if you want to reference some particular word, words, phrase, sentence, paragraph, section or chapter, please feel free to tell us precisely where we can find it in whatever reference you are citing. Page numbers are a particularly useful human invention that I believe even your book uses.

[From Reincarnation in the Bible?] http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/reincar ... 1491811009
As stated before, that part of my book is not available unless you buy it. Wouldn't it be simpler to just leave my comments rather than deleting them?

Alan H

#916 Post by Alan H » December 27th, 2017, 3:50 pm

Pahu wrote:
Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:...and I left the reference for all to follow... Perhaps you could extract the nub of your argument that you believe answers Vindicator's question?
Garden of Eden

As stated before, that part of my book is not available unless you buy it. Wouldn't it be simpler to just leave my comments rather than deleting them?
Then please specifically state each time that you are copying your words from your book. And please do try to keep to the topic by answering the specific criticisms levelled at what you have claimed before moving on to a different topic.
Alan Henness

Pahu

#917 Post by Pahu » December 27th, 2017, 7:36 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
Pahu wrote:
Then please specifically state each time that you are copying your words from your book. And please do try to keep to the topic by answering the specific criticisms levelled at what you have claimed before moving on to a different topic.
I thought I already made that clear. It seems you are more interested in deleting my words than allowing me to answer specific questions.

Alan H

#918 Post by Alan H » December 27th, 2017, 7:48 pm

Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
I thought I already made that clear. It seems you are more interested in deleting my words than allowing me to answer specific questions.
LOL! I am not aware of your canon, so I'm afraid you'll need to point out every time you are merely quoting yourself.
Alan Henness

Pahu

#919 Post by Pahu » December 27th, 2017, 8:48 pm

Ape-Men? 5

Another study, which examined their inner ear bones, used to maintain balance, showed a striking similarity to those of chimpanzees and gorillas, but great differences from those of humans (p). Likewise, their pattern of dental development corresponds to chimpanzees, not humans (q). Claims were made—based on one partially complete australopithecine fossil, Australopithecus afarensis, (a 3.5-foot-tall, long-armed, 60-pound adult called Lucy)—that all australopithecines walked upright in a human manner. However, studies of Lucy’s entire anatomy, not just a knee joint, now show that this is very unlikely. She likely swung from the trees (r) and was similar to pygmy chimpanzees (s). In 2006, a more complete Australopithecus afarensis specimen—a 3-year-old baby—was announced. Its new features were clearly apelike (t). The australopithecines are probably extinct apes (u).

p. “Among the fossil hominids, the australopithecines show great-ape-like proportions [based on CAT scans of their inner ears] and H. erectus shows modern-human-like proportions.” Fred Spoor et al., “Implications of Early Hominid Labyrinthine Morphology for Evolution of Human Bipedal Locomotion,” Nature, Vol. 369, 23 June 1994, p. 646. [Many H. erectus bones are probably those of H. sapiens.]

q. “The closest parallel today to the pattern of dental development of [australopithecines] is not in people but in chimpanzees.”   Bruce Bower, “Evolution’s Youth Movement,” Science News, Vol. 159, 2 June 2001, p. 347.

r. William L. Jungers, “Lucy’s Limbs: Skeletal Allometry and Locomotion in Australopithecus Afarensis,” Nature, Vol. 297, 24 June 1982, pp. 676–678.

Jeremy Cherfas, “Trees Have Made Man Upright,” New Scientist, Vol. 93, 20 January 1983, pp. 172–178.

Jack T. Stern Jr. and Randall L. Susman, “The Locomotor Anatomy of Australopithecus Afarensis,” American Journal of Physical Anthropology, Vol. 60, March 1983, pp. 279–317.

s. Adrienne Zihlman, “Pigmy Chimps, People, and the Pundits,” New Scientist, Vol. 104, 15 November 1984, pp. 39–40.

t. Zeresenay Alemseged et al., “A Juvenile Early Hominin Skeleton from Dikika, Ethiopia,” Nature, Vol. 443, 21 September 2006, pp. 296–301.

u. “At present we have no grounds for thinking that there was anything distinctively human about australopithecine ecology and behavior. ... [T]hey were surprisingly apelike in skull form, premolar dentition, limb proportions, and morphology of some joint surfaces, and they may still have been spending a significant amount of time in the trees.” Matt Cartmill et al., “One Hundred Years of Paleoanthropology,” American Scientist, Vol. 74, July–August 1986, p. 417.

“The proportions calculated for africanus turned out to be amazingly close to those of a chimpanzee, with big arms and small legs. ... ‘One might say we are kicking Lucy out of the family tree,’ says Berger.” James Shreeve, “New Skeleton Gives Path from Trees to Ground an Odd Turn,” Science, Vol. 272, 3 May 1996, p. 654.

“There is indeed, no question which the Australopithecine skull resembles when placed side by side with specimens of human and living ape skulls. It is the ape—so much so that only detailed and close scrutiny can reveal any differences between them.” Solly Zuckerman, “Correlation of Change in the Evolution of Higher Primates,” Evolution as a Process, editors Julian Huxley, A. C. Hardy, and E. B. Ford (London: George Allen and Unwin Ltd., 1954), p. 307.

“We can safely conclude from the fossil hominoid material now available that in the history of the globe there have been many more species of great ape than just the three which exist today.” Ibid., pp. 348–349.

[From “In the Beginning” by Walt Brown]

Pahu

#920 Post by Pahu » December 27th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:Then please specifically state each time that you are copying your words from your book. And please do try to keep to the topic by answering the specific criticisms levelled at what you have claimed before moving on to a different topic.
LOL! I am not aware of your canon, so I'm afraid you'll need to point out every time you are merely quoting yourself.
I did that and you still deleted me.

Alan H

#921 Post by Alan H » December 27th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:
Pahu wrote:
I did that and you still deleted me.
Nope.
Alan Henness