INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Science Disproves Evolution

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Pahu

Re: Science Disproves Evolution

#741 Post by Pahu » November 3rd, 2017, 3:32 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

animist wrote:
Pahu wrote:
animist wrote:this prompts an obvious question. Where in the Bible does it say that there were 10 chariot cities?
It doesn't in so many words, but consider this:

1 Kings 4:26 states that Solomon had forty-thousand stalls of horses. It does not state how many stalls of chariots there are. It does state that there are twelve-thousand horsemen.

2 Chronicles 9:25 states that Solomon had four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, together. They both agree on the twelve-thousand horsemen.

This is a simple mathematical issue. If you have forty-thousand stalls of horses, which occupy four-thousand stalls for horses and chariots, you have 10 stalls of horses for each chariot.

I don't see the error here.
oh dear, do you actually know what you mean when you use these terms?

1 My query was about the number of "chariot cities", whatever they are. You have not answered the query but instead have wangled some possible referents of the numbers 4,000 and 40,000 to make the two accounts consistent. So what are chariot cities and how do you deduce that there were 10 of them?

2 What do you mean when you refer to "4,000 stalls for horses and chariots together"? And how would they be "occupied" by "40,000 stalls of horses"? I can see that a stall might be for occupation by a horse or a chariot or for both together. I don't see how a stall can occupy another stall, do you? No doubt it there is some interpretation of these statements which can make them consistent (if incredibly confusing, which itself is a good reason to suspect that they were written by different people with little help from God) but you are simply playing with possibilities without any Biblical warrant

3 By moving from one possible explaining away of the inconsistency (ie your explanation about chariot cities) to a different one (ie different stalls for different things) you've kind of contradicted yourself. I don't see how both interpretations you've come up with could be correct: if there were 10 chariot cities then all your complicated stuff about chariots and horses is redundant and indeed would make the figures wrong again.

4 A Xian site indicates that Solomon did indeed have several chariot cities, but fewer than 10 are mentioned; and this site maintains that the inconsistency in the two accounts is a simple copyist's error.
Suit yourself. I believe the Bible is accurate since God is the author. There are areas that are a problem indicating our ignorance, not Bible contradictions. This explanation seems reasonable:

How many stalls for horses and Chariots did King Solomon have? how many stalls for horses did solomon have
According to 1 KI 4:26, Solomon had 40,000 stalls but 2 CH 9:25 says that Solomon only had 4,000 stalls. How many stalls for horses did Solomon have? Is this a bona fide Bible contradiction or is there a way to solve this problem? We’re going to explore three different ways that believers have potentially solved this alleged Bible contradiction.

1. Could this be a copyist error?

Many propose (me not included) that this is a simple copyist error. I will agree that either accidentally adding or subtracting a zero is all that it would take to cause all this confusion but would God allow his word to get corrupted?

2. 1 Kings and 2Chronicles were written at different times.

It is true that both books were written about 125 years apart. Perhaps Solomon had more or less stalls for horses and chariots at the time of the books writings. Is this possible? Sure…but I think there is yet a better explanation for this alleged Bible contradiction.

3. 4,000 or 40,000 stalls for horses?

Small differences in the text can have a huge impact on the interpretation. Let’s look at the two verses as they are written in the King James Version.

1KI 4:26 “And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.”

2CH 9:25 “And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.”

Solomon’s horses, chariots and stalls Bible contradiction solved

According to the King James version, Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for his chariots but he had 4,000 stalls for his horses and his chariots. In other words, Solomon had 40,000 stalls for horses, but he had 4,000 stalls that would fit his horses and chariots. Am I stretching this explanation too far?

According to the Webster’s 1828 dictionary, (the dictionary that best explains KJV words) the word stall can be for one horse or it can be a stable of ten horses. In other words: King Solomon had 4,000 stalls and in each stall there was one chariot and ten horses. This would have meant that Solomon could have had 40,000 stalls for horses and had 4,000 stalls for horses and chariots.

Once again the Bible proves to be without error. For further reading about this alleged Bible contradiction see the following links.

http://youthapologeticstraining.com/how ... isode-317/
Truth frees! Evolution is evidence free speculation masquerading as science.

Pahu

#742 Post by Pahu » November 3rd, 2017, 3:35 pm

Alan H wrote:Hey! Pahu! You seem to like calling on science when you think it supports your beliefs but what about those error bars?

And what is your bible?

They're not difficult questions to answer, are they?
Not if I understand the question. My Bible is the word of God. What is an error bar?

Pahu

#743 Post by Pahu » November 3rd, 2017, 3:48 pm

Lord Muck oGentry wrote:
Pahu wrote:The Alvis Delk Track

This spectacular fossil footprint was found in July of 2000 by amateur archaeologist, Alvis Delk of Stephenville, Texas and is now on display at the Creation Evidence Museum, Glen Rose, TX. Mr. Delk found the loose slab against the bank of the Paluxy River, about one mile north of Dinosaur Valley State Park. He flipped over the rock and saw an excellent dinosaur track, so he took it home where it sat in his living room for years, with hundreds of other fossils.
And so it goes on. Oh, well...

http://www.paleo.cc/paluxy/delk.htm
Gary Hurd (2008) states, "First of all, a medical CAT scan uses a lower energy beam than could be useful on a sandy limestone. That is why real paleontologists use industrial facilities. The University of Texas at Austin has a laboratory that has many years of experience with just this type of analysis. This points to the next problem; a medical facility is not staffed by paleontologists or geophysicists."
The Alvis Delk Print is not a convincing human footprint in ancient rock. Its advocates have failed to present the necessary data and details to adequately support their assertions. Even putting aside the extensive independent evidence that humans did not exist until long after the Cretaceous Period, the collective weight of several lines of evidence, including the uncertain circumstances of the discovery, lack of in situ documentation, the knowledge that similar tracks have been carved in the Glen Rose area, the serious morphological abnormalities in the prints, and the considerations about potentially misleading scanning artifacts such as beam hardening, point to the strong likelihood that both the "human footprint" and dinosaur track on this loose slab were carved or heavily altered from less distinct depressions.
This shows some of the differences between real science and the cargo-cult version favoured by creationists.
Evolutionists will go to any lengths to deny any fact that they disagree with. Here is more evidence proving men and dinosaurs lived together:

[center]Proof Man and Dinosaurs Lived Together[/center][/color]

Various Indian drawings on rock walls tell us the Indians actually saw living dinosaurs. They drew on rock walls what they saw with their eyes. The Anasazi Indians of the American southwest made pictures on rocks showing dinosaurs and men. A thick coat of “desert varnish” on these images proves that these pictures were created many hundreds of years ago. Desert varnish (windblown pollen and dust) slowly accumulates on rocks in the desert; the varnish on the Anasazi pictures is so thick that they must have been drawn many hundreds of years ago. Therefore, these art works are not frauds perpetrated by mischievous European newcomers (who had no motive for such a fraud), but were made by natives long ago, showing men and dinosaurs living together. In the ancient city of Angkor in Cambodia, we can see a stegosaurus carved in one of the temple walls. In Mexico, many hundreds ancient dinosaur figurines have been unearthed, some even with men riding them!

http://www.6000years.org/frame.php?page=dinosaurs
Last edited by Alan H on November 3rd, 2017, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pahu: how about doing something for a fellow human being and add the quote tags yourself?

Alan H

#744 Post by Alan H » November 3rd, 2017, 3:52 pm

Pahu wrote:
Alan H wrote:Hey! Pahu! You seem to like calling on science when you think it supports your beliefs but what about those error bars?

And what is your bible?

They're not difficult questions to answer, are they?
Not if I understand the question. My Bible is the word of God. What is an error bar?
What bible!?

Is it this one?

And 'error bars' is a scientific term. Perhaps you're not familiar with science... You could always look it up, then provide them.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Lord Muck oGentry

#745 Post by Lord Muck oGentry » November 3rd, 2017, 5:41 pm

Pahu wrote: Evolutionists will go to any lengths to deny any fact that they disagree with.
Creationists will go to any lengths to pass off camp-fire stories as fact.

The point of the criticism I quoted is that the " testing" was at best inept bungling. At worst, it is the work of con-men.
What we can't say, we can't say and we can't whistle it either. — Frank Ramsey

Pahu

#746 Post by Pahu » November 3rd, 2017, 6:20 pm

Lord Muck oGentry wrote:
Pahu wrote: Evolutionists will go to any lengths to deny any fact that they disagree with.
Creationists will go to any lengths to pass off camp-fire stories as fact.

The point of the criticism I quoted is that the " testing" was at best inept bungling. At worst, it is the work of con-men.
The foot prints are viable as proved by scientists. What about the other evidence I provided proving men and dinosaurs lived together.

Lord Muck oGentry

#747 Post by Lord Muck oGentry » November 3rd, 2017, 7:21 pm

Pahu wrote:The foot prints are viable as proved by scientists. What about the other evidence I provided proving men and dinosaurs lived together.
Viable? I take it you mean valid.
Anyway, nothing you assert has been proved. Proof requires the careful step-by-step testing so obviously lacking here. I can only suggest that you go back over the Kuban link I provided earlier.

As for scientists: no one in your story appears to have relevant qualifications, experience and equipment. You can hardly have meant Baugh, whose credentials, so far as I can tell, come from
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_I ... University

As for your " other evidence": let's try to settle one thing at a time. I dislike squirrel-hunts.
What we can't say, we can't say and we can't whistle it either. — Frank Ramsey

animist

#748 Post by animist » November 4th, 2017, 9:02 am

Pahu wrote:According to the King James version, Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for his chariots but he had 4,000 stalls for his horses and his chariots. In other words, Solomon had 40,000 stalls for horses, but he had 4,000 stalls that would fit his horses and chariots. Am I stretching this explanation too far?
well yes you are. if you mean that he had 40,000 stalls, of which 4,000 would fit chariots as well as horses, he still had 40,000 stalls, not 4,000! Alternatively, if you mean that there were 40,000 stalls for horses but another 4,000 that would fit both horses and chariots, then that makes 44,000 in total
Pahu wrote: According to the Webster’s 1828 dictionary, (the dictionary that best explains KJV words) the word stall can be for one horse or it can be a stable of ten horses. In other words: King Solomon had 4,000 stalls and in each stall there was one chariot and ten horses. This would have meant that Solomon could have had 40,000 stalls for horses and had 4,000 stalls for horses and chariots.
um no. In this case he had only 4,000 stalls, since If each stall held ten horses, there were only 4,000 stalls, not 40,000! You are digging yourself into a deeper hole. Face it, the Bible was copied many times over, and mistakes naturally occurred. And by the way, what about the 10 chariot cities?

VINDICATOR

#749 Post by VINDICATOR » November 4th, 2017, 11:08 am

Pahu,
The Bible has more magic (you prefer to call it "miracles") in it than a book of Grimm's fairy tales. Yet you believe that it is 100% true. The Bible stories are all from thousands of years ago. Why don't we see this magic going on today? Is the age of magic finished? Is God dead? Without using the Bible as proof, prove to us that God is still alive today!

Pahu

#750 Post by Pahu » November 4th, 2017, 2:09 pm

animist wrote:
Pahu wrote:According to the King James version, Solomon had 40,000 stalls of horses for his chariots but he had 4,000 stalls for his horses and his chariots. In other words, Solomon had 40,000 stalls for horses, but he had 4,000 stalls that would fit his horses and chariots. Am I stretching this explanation too far?
well yes you are. if you mean that he had 40,000 stalls, of which 4,000 would fit chariots as well as horses, he still had 40,000 stalls, not 4,000! Alternatively, if you mean that there were 40,000 stalls for horses but another 4,000 that would fit both horses and chariots, then that makes 44,000 in total
Right! 40,000 for horses and 4,000 for horses and chariots. How is that stretching too far?
Pahu wrote: According to the Webster’s 1828 dictionary, (the dictionary that best explains KJV words) the word stall can be for one horse or it can be a stable of ten horses. In other words: King Solomon had 4,000 stalls and in each stall there was one chariot and ten horses. This would have meant that Solomon could have had 40,000 stalls for horses and had 4,000 stalls for horses and chariots.
um no. In this case he had only 4,000 stalls, since If each stall held ten horses, there were only 4,000 stalls, not 40,000! You are digging yourself into a deeper hole.
It seem you are. There were 4,000 stalls for horses and chariots and 40,000 stalls for horses only.
Face it, the Bible was copied many times over, and mistakes naturally occurred.
The Bible consists of 66 books: 39 in the OT and 27 in the new. The Bible took about 1600 years to write. It was written in three languages (Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek) by about 40 authors and is internally consistent throughout.

The Bible is 98½ percent textually pure. Through all the copying of the Biblical manuscripts of the entire Bible, only 1½% has any question about it. Nothing in all of the ancient writings of the entire world approaches the accuracy of the biblical documents.

The 1½ percent that is in question does not affect doctrine. The areas of interest are called variants and they consist mainly in variations of wording and spelling.

The NT has over 5000 supporting Greek manuscripts existing today with another 20,000 manuscripts in other languages. Some of the manuscript evidence dates to within 100 years of the original writing. There is less than a 1% textual variation in the NT manuscripts.

Some of the supporting manuscripts of the NT are:

John Rylands MS written around A.D. 130, the oldest existing fragment of the gospel of John.
Bodmer Papyrus II (A.D. 150-200) .
Chester Beatty Papyri (A.D. 200), contains major portions of the NT .
Codex Vaticanus (A.D. 325-350), contains nearly all the Bible.
Codex Sinaiticus (A.D. 350), contains almost all the NT and over half of the OT .
And by the way, what about the 10 chariot cities?
Where does the Bible mention 10 chariot cities?

Pahu

#751 Post by Pahu » November 4th, 2017, 2:16 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Pahu,
The Bible has more magic (you prefer to call it "miracles") in it than a book of Grimm's fairy tales. Yet you believe that it is 100% true. The Bible stories are all from thousands of years ago. Why don't we see this magic going on today? Is the age of magic finished? Is God dead? Without using the Bible as proof, prove to us that God is still alive today!
Are you still alive today? Does the universe still exist? Since God created and maintains everything, that is proof He is still alive today and will be forever. Remember:

Before the universe existed there was nothing from which it appeared, which is impossible by any natural cause. Therefor the cause of the universe was supernatural, proving the existence of God.

Unless and until evolutionists/atheists can conduct a repeatable experiment, verified by qualified scientists demonstrating that statement is untrue, their pronouncements must be regarded with the same respect as those of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

The fact that the appearance of the universe from nothing has not been shown to be possible by any natural cause by real scientists shows that the evolutionists/atheists view is pie in the sky.

http://www.alwaysbeready.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=71
http://www.apologeticspress.ws/articles/1762
http://www.alwaysbeready.com/index.php? ... cle&id=137
http://www.existence-of-god.com/first-c ... ument.html
http://www.existence-of-god.com/existence-of-god.html
http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

Alan H

#752 Post by Alan H » November 4th, 2017, 5:33 pm

Pahu!

Please tell us about your bible. Here's a handy list: please just tell us which one is yours.

And don't forget those error bars...
Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR

#753 Post by VINDICATOR » November 5th, 2017, 3:44 am

Pahu,
Just suppose that the universe was created by a God. Now prove that that "God" is the God of Abraham that you worship and not one of those thousands of other Gods that others believe in. Using the Bible as proof is invalid, because we can't accept fairy tales as truth! Would you accept those stories in Anderson and Grimm as truth? How about Santa Claus? Is he true?
Even the Chief Astronomer of the Vatican admits the possibility of Aliens. Are you a Catholic?

Pahu

#754 Post by Pahu » November 5th, 2017, 2:47 pm

Just suppose that the universe was created by a God. Now prove that that "God" is the God of Abraham that you worship and not one of those thousands of other Gods that others believe in. Using the Bible as proof is invalid, because we can't accept fairy tales as truth! Would you accept those stories in Anderson and Grimm as truth? How about Santa Claus? Is he true?
Even the Chief Astronomer of the Vatican admits the possibility of Aliens. Are you a Catholic?
No, I am no a Catholic, I am a Christian. What is your evidence that the Bible is a book of fairy tales?

Alan H

#755 Post by Alan H » November 5th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Pahu wrote:
No, I am no a Catholic, I am a Christian. What is your evidence that the Bible is a book of fairy tales?
Which bible are you referring to, Pahu?
Alan Henness

VINDICATOR

#756 Post by VINDICATOR » November 6th, 2017, 12:02 pm

Pahu,
There is more magic in the Bible than in Anderson and Grimm added together. If that doesn't make the Bible a book of fairy tales then neither are they. Sure, there are truths in the Bible, but so are there in those two books too.
Pahu, if you want to believe in the Bible, thats alright by me. I don't want to take your religion away. I used to be a Christian. Many of my friends are Christians. Modern Christianity is a friendly religion compatible with secular society. We are not fighting. We're having a friendly discussion.
It's Islam that worries me. Have you ever read the Quran? Almost every page tells them to kill the infidels. They want to establish a world-wide Islamic Califate under Shariah Law. Then the whole world will be like the ISIS is! It's because of them that gives religion a bad name!

Pahu

#757 Post by Pahu » November 6th, 2017, 7:59 pm

There is more magic in the Bible than in Anderson and Grimm added together. If that doesn't make the Bible a book of fairy tales then neither are they. Sure, there are truths in the Bible, but so are there in those two books too.
Anderson and Grimm were not inspired by God. The Bible was.
Pahu, if you want to believe in the Bible, thats alright by me. I don't want to take your religion away. I used to be a Christian. Many of my friends are Christians. Modern Christianity is a friendly religion compatible with secular society. We are not fighting. We're having a friendly discussion.
It's Islam that worries me. Have you ever read the Quran? Almost every page tells them to kill the infidels. They want to establish a world-wide Islamic Califate under Shariah Law. Then the whole world will be like the ISIS is! It's because of them that gives religion a bad name!
Islam is a false religion with a false prophet worshipping a false god. Good Muslims obey the Koran and kill everyone who disagrees with them.

Alan H

#758 Post by Alan H » November 6th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Which bible, Pahu?
Alan Henness

Alan H

#759 Post by Alan H » November 6th, 2017, 8:49 pm

Help us out here, Pahu. Is your bible one of these 107 complete bibles...or a different one, maybe a partial one?

Wycliffe's Bible(1388), A Literal Translation of the Bible, A Voice In The Wilderness Holy Scriptures, American King James Version, American Standard Version, Amplified Bible, An American Translation, An American Translation, ArtScroll Tanakh (Old Testament), Berkeley Version, Bible in English, Bishops' Bible, Catholic Public Domain Version, Children's King James Version, Christian Community Bible, English version, Christian Standard Bible, Clear Word Bible, Common English Bible, Complete Jewish Bible, Concordant Literal Version, Contemporary English Version, Coverdale Bible, Dabhar Translation, Darby Bible, Divine Name King James Bible, Douay–Rheims Bible, Douay-Rheims Bible (Challoner Revision), EasyEnglish Bible, Easy-to-Read Version, Emphasized Bible, English Jubilee 2000 Bible, English Standard Version, Ferrar Fenton Bible, Geneva Bible, God's Word, Good News Bible, Great Bible, HalleluYah Scriptures, Hebraic Roots Version, Holman Christian Standard Bible, International Standard Version, Jerusalem Bible, Jewish Publication Society of America VersionTanakh (Old Testament), Judaica PressTanakh (Old Testament)., Julia E. Smith Parker Translation, King James 2000 Version, King James Easy Reading Version, King James II Version, King James Version, Knox's Translation of the Vulgate, Lamsa Bible, Leeser Bible, Tanakh (Old Testament), Matthew's Bible, Modern English Version, Modern King James Version, Modern Language Bible, Moffatt, New Translation, Murdock Translation of the Western Peshitto, Names of God Bible, New American Bible, New American Bible Revised Edition, New American Standard Bible, New Century Version, New English Bible, New English Translation (NET Bible), New International Reader's Version, New International Version, New International Version Inclusive Language Edition, New Jerusalem Bible, New Jewish Publication Society of America Version. Tanakh (Old Testament), New King James Version, New Life Version, New Living Translation, New Messianic Version Website, New Revised Standard Version, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures, Quaker Bible, Recovery Version of the Bible, Revised English Bible, Revised Standard Version, Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, Revised Version, Simple English Bible, Taverner's Bible, The Beloved and I, The Beloved and I: New Jubilees Version of the Sacred Scriptures in Verse, The Bible in Living English, The Inclusive Bible, The Living Bible, The Living Torahand The Living Nach. Tanakh (Old Testament), The Message, The Orthodox Jewish Bible, The Scriptures, The Story Bible, The Voice Bible, The Work of God's Children Illustrated Bible, The Orthodox Study Bible, Third Millennium Bible, Thomson's Translation, Today's New International Version, Tree of Life Bible, Tyndale Bible, Updated King James Version, Webster's Revision, Westminster Version of Sacred Scripture, World English Bible, Young's Literal Translation
Alan Henness

VINDICATOR

#760 Post by VINDICATOR » November 7th, 2017, 5:35 am

Pahu,
Have you ever read Anderson's fairy tales? There is a lot of wisdom in them. My favorite tale is "The Emperor's new Clothes. It has wonderful sarcasm. I can see many of these "Emperors" in society. Open your eyes and look around. You will see them all over too! I learn more by reading Anderson than reading the Bible. It's more fun too.

animist

#761 Post by animist » November 7th, 2017, 12:51 pm

Pahu wrote:Right! 40,000 for horses and 4,000 for horses and chariots. How is that stretching too far?
Pahu, do you understand arithmetic? I have to ask, since what you've just said adds up to 44,000 stalls in total, does it not? And in that case, BOTH books of the Bible are wrong, are they not?
And by the way, what about the 10 chariot cities?
Where does the Bible mention 10 chariot cities?
you do you make me smile. You seem to have a short memory span, since it was you, not me, who mentioned 10 chariot cities! Yet now it is YOU who are asking ME where in the Bible this is mentioned!