INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used.

For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

We are not accepting any new registrations.

Introducing minecraft

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Alan H

Re: Introducing minecraft

#81 Post by Alan H » December 26th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

This is also interesting - if for no other reason than it's an explanation by Professor Moriarty!

Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Compassionist

#82 Post by Compassionist » December 26th, 2013, 4:06 pm

:pointlaugh: Cool videos. Really liked the use of balls to represent electrons. Thank you from both of us.

Dave B

#83 Post by Dave B » December 26th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Good them, thanks Alan.

First one gave me a clue to something I thought of some time ago whilst trying ti find a way of explaining relativity.

A kid on a train drops a marble, to him the marble falls vertically - let's say for two feet. To the external, stationary, observer that marble falls in a much longer curve (it is accelerating @ 32 ft/sec/sec which made things less easy). I did not have the math to work out how long that curve was or why the fact that it was a curve was important - I just knew it was.

Now I at least know that the acceleration makes it different from a pulse of light! Hmm . . . .
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Lifelinking

#84 Post by Lifelinking » December 28th, 2013, 7:46 pm

A belated but very warm welcome to the forum Minecraft.

:welcome:

Good name by the way. My son and I have spent a bit of time 'Minecrafting' together.

Kindest regards,

LL
"Who thinks the law has anything to do with justice? It's what we have because we can't have justice."
William McIlvanney

Compassionist

#85 Post by Compassionist » January 1st, 2014, 9:52 pm

Lifelinking wrote:A belated but very warm welcome to the forum Minecraft.

:welcome:

Good name by the way. My son and I have spent a bit of time 'Minecrafting' together.

Kindest regards,

LL
Thank you. My son and I have also spent some time Minecrafting together!