INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy. Continuing to use this website is acceptance of these cookies.

Dr Stanislaw Burzynski

Any topic related to science can be discussed here.
Alan H

Dr Stanislaw Burzynski

#1 Post by Alan H » November 25th, 2011, 7:09 pm

There is a storm a brewin'...

There is a clinic in Texas that charges thousand of dollars for an unapproved cancer treatment. You may have seen an article in last Sunday's Observer about fund-raising by parents wanting to take their child to get this treatment.

There's no point in me telling the whole story: you can find out some of what is public by reading this blog list by Josephine Jones.

The start of this latest flurry was a blog post written by Andy Lewis (Le Canard Noir): The False Hope of the Burzynski Clinic and the follow-up: The Burzynski Clinic Threatens My Family.

Simon Singh Tweeted earlier today:
& this is the tip of the iceberg. More news soon. RT @lecanardnoir: blog: The Burzynski Clinic Threatens My Family. http://bit.ly/vCLwNe
More will be revealed soon...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

bindeweede

Re: Dr Stanislaw Burzynski

#2 Post by bindeweede » November 25th, 2011, 10:13 pm

Dave B

#3 Post by Dave B » November 26th, 2011, 9:52 am

Good balanced article that! Well done Cancer Research. Gives authoritative support to the bloggers.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Alan H

#4 Post by Alan H » November 26th, 2011, 4:07 pm

Alan Henness

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

jdc

#5 Post by jdc » November 26th, 2011, 4:31 pm

Your second quackometer link needs an 'l' (i.e. html, not htm). It goes to 'page not found' atm (although it does show the homepage and the post you link to is currently at the top as it's the most recent one).

Muphry's Law: this post was amended during preview to change "you're" to "your". Nearly let that one slip through...
My Blog; Twitter.
Email: 325jdc325 (at) googlemail.com

jdc

#6 Post by jdc » November 26th, 2011, 4:33 pm

My Blog; Twitter.

Alan H

#7 Post by Alan H » November 28th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Sorry I couldn't tell you about this earlier...

Threats from The Burzynski Clinic
Alan Henness

jdc

#8 Post by jdc » November 28th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Alan H wrote:Sorry I couldn't tell you about this earlier...

Threats from The Burzynski Clinic
Amazing, isn't it?

Kudos to Rhys and all who supported him.
My Blog; Twitter.

Fia

#9 Post by Fia » November 28th, 2011, 10:00 pm

jdc wrote: Kudos to Rhys and all who supported him.
Hear hear. Is he really only 17?

Alan H

#10 Post by Alan H » November 28th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Fia wrote:
jdc wrote: Kudos to Rhys and all who supported him.
Hear hear. Is he really only 17?
Yep!
Alan Henness

stevenw888

#11 Post by stevenw888 » November 29th, 2011, 11:48 am

Wow - things are really hotting up! there are over 100 tweets mentioning Burzynski on twitter today. This Marc Stephens guy (some form of legal representative for Burzynski?) sounds like a really nasty piece of work. See his comments 6 months ago to a questioner on Yahoo answers...

https://anaximperator.wordpress.com/201 ... burzynski/
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots." - From the film "Top Gun"

Tetenterre

#12 Post by Tetenterre » November 29th, 2011, 12:53 pm

Fia wrote:Hear hear. Is he really only 17?
Not only is he "only 17", but he's got previous! :smile:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11540146

Good lad, and great to see he's getting so much support from the likes of Alan, Simon and the RDF.
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Alan H

#13 Post by Alan H » November 29th, 2011, 1:22 pm

stevenw888 wrote:Wow - things are really hotting up! there are over 100 tweets mentioning Burzynski on twitter today.
There are nearly 100 blog posts on Burzynski, never mind Tweets! See: http://josephinejones.wordpress.com/201 ... spartacus/
Alan Henness

Dave B

#14 Post by Dave B » November 29th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Tetenterre wrote:
Fia wrote:Hear hear. Is he really only 17?
Not only is he "only 17", but he's got previous! :smile:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11540146

Good lad, and great to see he's getting so much support from the likes of Alan, Simon and the RDF.
Obviously an very intelligent person. I just hope that he does not think of going into politics and wasting all that talent. There again he could be a good influence (unless he gets whipped into groupthink!)
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

stevenw888

#15 Post by stevenw888 » December 12th, 2011, 1:30 pm

The Burzynski saga continues unabated. Here are the latest offerings...

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/ ... solence%29

This "doctor" should definitely have his licence revoked....
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold pilots." - From the film "Top Gun"

Alan H

#16 Post by Alan H » December 12th, 2011, 3:16 pm

Dave B wrote:Obviously an very intelligent person. I just hope that he does not think of going into politics and wasting all that talent. There again he could be a good influence (unless he gets whipped into groupthink!)
He's planning to follow his dad into medicine and I'm sure he'll do extremely well.
Alan Henness

bindeweede

#17 Post by bindeweede » January 19th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Alan H

#18 Post by Alan H » January 20th, 2012, 11:03 am

...and Orac has covered this as well: http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2012/ ... zynski.php
Alan Henness

Alan H

#19 Post by Alan H » May 25th, 2013, 10:44 am

BBC’s Panorama to air Burzynski Documentary – Contact the Skeptics
On Monday, June 3rd at 8.30pm, the BBC’s Panorama series will be airing a documentary about Stanislaw Burzynski and his Clinic in Huston, Texas.
This should be very interesting.
Alan Henness

Dave B

#20 Post by Dave B » May 25th, 2013, 11:58 am

Yeah, hope they put it on iPlayer.
Me, 2015